April 18, 2021, 09:23:12 PM

Author Topic: Anthony Gordon  (Read 20366 times)

September 01, 2020, 08:50:54 PM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

Would prefer Gordon to get a cheeky Dutch or German loan, if we were taking that route, and get him educated in football properly as well as having to grow up a bit, live in a foreign country and all the associated benefits/responsibilities that come with that.

But if Carlo fancies having him around the team and think there's enough game time for him, and the chance to train with our improved squad (hopefully), then no worries.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 01, 2020, 09:20:46 PM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
How come? I mean I can guess the answer but I don't think it's all that outlandish to think he'd be very well served playing every single game for the next year. I mean he's only 18 and still has plenty of growth he needs to do.

Think hell get enough minutes here next season.

If he has to go out on loan hes a level above the championship.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 01, 2020, 09:45:21 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weren't Dortmund sniffing around not so long ago? Nice to get that secured. Still remember that shoulder drop for the assist for Richarlison towards the end of the season.

And Bayern.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 01, 2020, 09:58:03 PM
Reply #63

Gary1878

I think he has enough about him to get a few appearances next season and grow under Ancelotti. You would think that he would want to stay and fight for his place as well, even though he is very young.

September 01, 2020, 10:05:22 PM
Reply #64

dazfrancis

Unless we're going to play Richarlison on the left every game he'll probably get minutes, he's probably more consistent than Bernard or Iwobi

September 01, 2020, 10:09:56 PM
Reply #65

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Id rather our young flair players were playing for dominant championship teams than struggling at top flight teams that get less than 40% possession

Scary we've been agreeing on some things lately lol. Should I tell you how to unblock me or are we not there yet? lolol

Think hell get enough minutes here next season.

If he has to go out on loan hes a level above the championship.

Fair. I was figuring at worst Watford was only just relegated so kinda like a Prem side.

Unless we're going to play Richarlison on the left every game he'll probably get minutes, he's probably more consistent than Bernard or Iwobi

I'm not sure how we can possibly say this at this point in time.
RIP

September 01, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
Reply #66

Shogun

Administrator
Normally when we have a player come through the ranks, there's loads of talks about how brilliant they are. Gordon just seems to have come in under the radar.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 02, 2020, 12:34:22 AM
Reply #67

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 02, 2020, 03:01:19 AM
Reply #68

bornblue88

Id be happy with him being loaned to Watford if there was some guarantee of minutes. Playing a full season in the championship is surely better than getting a handful of appearances in the prem. we can bring him back for next season as well have more rotation due to being in the champions league ;)

September 02, 2020, 07:16:03 PM
Reply #69

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Id be happy with him being loaned to Watford if there was some guarantee of minutes. Playing a full season in the championship is surely better than getting a handful of appearances in the prem. we can bring him back for next season as well have more rotation due to being in the champions league ;)

This was my thinking exactly. And I really don't know how much of Football Manager is real life, but it's so detailed it has to be based in reality. So when you loan someone out, you put a playing time level into the contract, like "first-team regular," or something.

Anyone know if that's the way it's really done?
RIP

September 17, 2020, 07:08:40 AM
Reply #70

Shogun

Administrator
Seriously good, this lad. Even if it's on the right side, I hope he's ahead of Walcott in the pecking order.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 17, 2020, 08:45:10 AM
Reply #71

djws1788

Loved the way he didnt look afraid to cut in and shoot. Hopefully that gives him the confidence to have a pop in the league as well

September 17, 2020, 01:06:58 PM
Reply #72

Cozzie

Gutted he never bagged last night, deserved it.

Love how he can go both ways, cuts inside but can take a player on too.

September 17, 2020, 02:26:24 PM
Reply #73

Cereal Killer

Enjoyed him skinning their right back constantly until they subbed him off   :laugh:

September 17, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
Reply #74

dunkster

Deserved a goal
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER