January 21, 2021, 01:44:54 AM

Author Topic: Niels Nkounkou  (Read 12773 times)

July 02, 2020, 05:15:53 PM
Reply #15

penguinofdoom1878

Good translated summary here

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nkounkou-everton-transfer-ancelotti-marseille-juventus-leipzig/

I liked this bit...

The deal is presented as a significant coup for the Toffees, who have not only beaten big competition to his signature but also taken ‘one of the figureheads’ of Marseille’s ‘training centre’ to boot.

July 02, 2020, 05:50:36 PM
Reply #16

Cereal Killer

Not necessarily - he may be signing just for the year and this lad will be the longer term back up

I’d imagine this, the new lad has one year in the u23s to get settled over here whilst Baines gets an extra year

July 02, 2020, 06:14:33 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well he's signed up official now.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

July 02, 2020, 06:22:01 PM
Reply #18

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Well he's signed up official now.

Beat me to it ya bastard
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 02, 2020, 06:22:55 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

July 02, 2020, 06:28:57 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

Bloody hell thats a fast move. Figured it would drag on for weeks before he went to juve. 2 hours later and he’s signed

Totally unrelated but what was that young striker we had on a trial 2 or 3 years ago called. Think maybe he was Dutch or at least from a Dutch team. Played a game for 1 of the youth teams. Press reported we’d won the race for him against a load of top clubs then he fucked off elsewhere. Does anyone remember him? Is he someone now?

July 02, 2020, 06:36:20 PM
Reply #21

mikey_blue

July 02, 2020, 06:37:23 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good to see brands getting this type of signing in.

Hopefully we see more of it.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 02, 2020, 06:42:55 PM
Reply #23

Cozzie

Happy with this.

Glad to see that we have planned and prepared ahead of time for the departure of Baines.

July 02, 2020, 06:48:34 PM
Reply #24

74Blue

Leighton Baines has probably got another season in him to be fair, so bringing in a young prospect to develop ready for his departure is a pretty sensible move on the face of it.

July 02, 2020, 06:49:21 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bloody hell thats a fast move. Figured it would drag on for weeks before he went to juve. 2 hours later and he’s signed

Totally unrelated but what was that young striker we had on a trial 2 or 3 years ago called. Think maybe he was Dutch or at least from a Dutch team. Played a game for 1 of the youth teams. Press reported we’d won the race for him against a load of top clubs then he fucked off elsewhere. Does anyone remember him? Is he someone now?

Joshua zirkzee, currently banging goals for bayern.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 02, 2020, 06:50:50 PM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

July 02, 2020, 07:12:01 PM
Reply #27

Alex6691

Will be absolutely gutted when/if Baines leaves. Hope he doesn't retire at least and goes on elsewhere. Sign it lad! Get Carlo to take him for a wine.

July 02, 2020, 07:28:11 PM
Reply #28

Waltzer

“Hopefully he can learn a lot from Lucas Digne and Leighton Baines, as well as Carlo Ancelotti and David Unsworth"

Probably no need to include Unsie in that list, he'd probably find that insulting!! :)

July 02, 2020, 07:31:56 PM
Reply #29

MmmblueBernard

He signed

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1705658/everton-sign-young-french-defender

Everton have signed talented France Under-19 left-back Niels Nkounkou on a free transfer from Ligue 1 giants Olympique de Marseille.

The 19-year-old defender has agreed a three-year deal with the Blues after his contract with Marseille expired last month.

Nkounkou, who played for Marseille’s B team in 2019/20 having progressed through the club’s youth ranks, was born in Pontoise, a suburb of Paris.

Everton Director of Football, Marcel Brands, believes the teenager can develop with the Blues and learn from the vast experience of compatriot Lucas Digne and Leighton Baines, who has been offered a new one-year deal by the Club.

“Niels is a young, talented player with good technical and physical skills,” said Brands. “We have been following him for months.

“Hopefully he can learn a lot from Lucas Digne and Leighton Baines, as well as Carlo Ancelotti and David Unsworth, and follow the same pathway into the first team the likes of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Mason Holgate have taken in recent years.”
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama