January 25, 2021, 04:11:35 PM

Author Topic: Niels Nkounkou  (Read 12945 times)

July 05, 2020, 01:44:23 AM
Reply #45

Waltzer

You might be even more miserable than me.
Possible, hardly bigging him up though is he. 'He's in a substandard league and can't get a look in, that's why we signed for Everton'

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 05, 2020, 01:45:38 AM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Yeah that's really not what I take from those comments. Basically just said there's a load of left backs at Marseille in his way, and it will hinder his development to stay there, whereas we only have one serious left back, and then a legend who's going to be retiring in the next year or two. Sound. Makes sense.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 05, 2020, 01:47:11 AM
Reply #47

KoemansNumberTens

Possible, hardly bigging him up though is he. 'He's in a substandard league and can't get a look in, that's why we signed for Everton'

Some good sides wanted him and they wanted him to stay too

I imagine weve offered him more money than he got there and an agent isnt going to say hes fucked off on a free for the money. Easier to blame the club

July 05, 2020, 07:48:45 PM
Reply #48

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
This is his agent talking, basically saying he's litter and Marseille don't even think he's good enough to be back up. Be surprised if we ever see him

In Marseille, you have Amavi, Rocchia, Sakai, Sarr and even Khaoui who played in the left-back position. Niels did not get a minute of play. We, therefore, consider that Niels' chances of playing at Marseille are slim. Especially since Marseille is looking for a left-back to compete with Amavi. This is the reason why we chose Everton.

You might be even more miserable than me.

It's neck & neck.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

July 05, 2020, 07:51:51 PM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

It's neck & neck.

If he can become as smug and as sneering as you hed be a triple threat

July 05, 2020, 08:19:45 PM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Very little on this kid but if the state of that pitch is anything to go by he doesn't get injured easy!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 05, 2020, 08:34:14 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If he can become as smug and as sneering as you hed be a triple threat

September 06, 2020, 04:52:14 AM
Reply #52

sam of the south

One of the best players on the pitch today.

Confident, travels well with and without the ball, nice feet, a few good blocks & challenges, and an excellent cross on him.

I reckon hes better than Luke Who Garbutt.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 06, 2020, 04:57:38 AM
Reply #53

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Confident, travels well with and without the ball, nice feet, a few good blocks & challenges, and an excellent cross on him.

Good to hear. I thought he looked quite promising in his ~25 minutes against Blackburn. Think he'll be a 1st-team squad player this season?

September 06, 2020, 04:59:22 AM
Reply #54

indiantoffee1975

Agree. No reason to suggest another LB cover for Digne is required. Think he's looking a great prospect to replace him even at this early stage. 

September 06, 2020, 05:10:46 AM
Reply #55

dazfrancis

Shame we can't afford to send him out on loan. Looks like he has all the potential to be a top player.

September 06, 2020, 05:20:44 AM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hes a unit isnt he.

Reckon we might have one of those great, French, powerful full backs here.

Sometimes you can just tell a player has it.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 06, 2020, 07:04:48 AM
Reply #57

djws1788

He looks good going forward, could possibly even come on late in games as a LM kind of similar to when Coleman came through

September 06, 2020, 12:04:59 PM
Reply #58

stirlingblue

Loved how aggressive he was in the tackle too, nipping in ahead of the opponent to win the ball on the stride and take it forward. Its a small thing but coming out in the front foot like that opens up a lot of counterattacking options.

Looks like solid back up, and his physicality offers a different option to Dignes technique that may be useful against certain sides

September 06, 2020, 01:21:05 PM
Reply #59

penguinofdoom1878

He looks good going forward, could possibly even come on late in games as a LM kind of similar to when Coleman came through

talking of putting him as a LM, think I elses France played 3-4-1-2 last night against Sweden and Digne was on the left of the midfield

here

https://twitter.com/frenchteam/status/1302298972267184128?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums