January 21, 2021, 02:20:19 AM

Author Topic: Niels Nkounkou  (Read 12775 times)

September 06, 2020, 03:26:44 PM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

Lack of LB links suggests the plan was to have him as the backup for the season (or maybe he's impressed enough in pre-season and training to have convinced them).

As others have said, seems to have plenty of attributes. Notice that he was compared to both Benjamin and Ferland Mendy in the scouting reports.

Credit to Brands for having him on the radar, and seeing an opportunity.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 06, 2020, 04:23:15 PM
Reply #61

Nicco

talking of putting him as a LM, think I else's France played 3-4-1-2 last night against Sweden and Digne was on the left of the midfield

here

https://twitter.com/frenchteam/status/1302298972267184128?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
It was a bit more of 5-3-2 but with the wing backs pushing really high as soon as given opportunity.
And with Kante as your midfield sweeper it makes you play with 4 men in the defensive line when pushing wing backs forward and still keeping your midfield of 5 men. Kante plays two positions at a time, he really is that effective.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

September 06, 2020, 04:23:47 PM
Reply #62

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber

talking of putting him as a LM, think I else’s France played 3-4-1-2 last night against Sweden and Digne was on the left of the midfield

here

https://twitter.com/frenchteam/status/1302298972267184128?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

That's a fucking good looking team that. Reckon it will be another good couple of years for les bleus.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 17, 2020, 01:04:17 PM
Reply #63

Cozzie

I'm having him ya know.

Thought he was great last night.

I know it was only Salford but that's irrelevant. Thought he looked really composed when he had the ball at feet.

Sometimes you can just tell when a player has it, he's got something about him, extremely confident for when/if he should step in for Digne.

September 17, 2020, 01:17:35 PM
Reply #64

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Had a few mistakes creep in at the end but that could have been fatigue or anything. Very, very impressed. Think it will take him a while to be fully comfortable. Hopefully his trajectory will coincide with Digne so he takes over naturally when Digne is ready for a new challenge.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 17, 2020, 01:50:02 PM
Reply #65

howard1334

Think he's great prospect.  Will be interesting to see how he performs in the Prem.  Not sure he's ready defensively.  Positioning was suspect at times.  Also think he might struggle attacking against defenders who share his physical attributes.  But the coaching staff seem to have a lot of faith in him, which is a good sign.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:53:23 PM by howard1334 »

September 17, 2020, 02:12:09 PM
Reply #66

Gary1878

So much confidence on the ball and he was so impressive that he made Kenny on the other side look actually quite poor.

His partnership with Gordon was great and it’s good to know we will be able to use these two lads together in a few games this season.

September 17, 2020, 03:15:22 PM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So much confidence on the ball and he was so impressive that he made Kenny on the other side look actually quite poor.

His partnership with Gordon was great and it’s good to know we will be able to use these two lads together in a few games this season.
Same pairing against Fleetwood even though that will be more of a test, don’t want to risk any of our Gallacticos against a Joey Barton team, am sure they will be told to go out there and kick shit out of us.

September 17, 2020, 03:30:59 PM
Reply #68

Waltzer

Same pairing against Fleetwood even though that will be more of a test, don't want to risk any of our Gallacticos against a Joey Barton team, am sure they will be told to go out there and kick shit out of us.
Kick shit out of us then stub cigars on our heads when we're down

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 17, 2020, 03:46:06 PM
Reply #69

Lxxx

He's got a very upright, powerful, mechanical style like Mendy at City. The type to run through three defenders but not twist and turn in tight areas like Digne. He's a good option and loads of potential.

September 17, 2020, 04:00:14 PM
Reply #70

hannu

I was very impressed with him, could have a very bright future

September 17, 2020, 04:00:21 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’ve got a player here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 17, 2020, 04:08:30 PM
Reply #72

Gary1878

He's really different to any option we have. I actually think he could replace Digne against the lesser sides this season where we need to break stubborn teams down, as we don't really have an option like him who likes to get to the byline and create havoc.

At the rumoured £240k, he is astonishing value.

September 17, 2020, 04:44:20 PM
Reply #73

hannu

He's really different to any option we have. I actually think he could replace Digne against the lesser sides this season where we need to break stubborn teams down, as we don't really have an option like him who likes to get to the byline and create havoc.

At the rumoured £240k, he is astonishing value.

240 grand 240 grand Niels Nkounkou doesnt quite have the same ring as the seamus chant

September 17, 2020, 05:27:02 PM
Reply #74

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Had a few mistakes creep in at the end but that could have been fatigue or anything. Very, very impressed. Think it will take him a while to be fully comfortable. Hopefully his trajectory will coincide with Digne so he takes over naturally when Digne is ready for a new challenge.

I noticed he started making daft mistakes at the end and put it down to his age and how hard he had been trying for the first 75 minutes.
Him and Gordon made a few bad decisions - but they are kids and i'm sure the brief was "go out and play your game" so it was to be expected.

That flank looked like it was the first team guys that had kept their place to ensure the B team still had enough to get through the game.