October 22, 2020, 04:49:34 PM

Author Topic: Everton Mural in the city centre  (Read 3156 times)

July 09, 2020, 05:10:48 PM
Read 3156 times

Macca77

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:12:40 PM by Macca77 »

July 09, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is frustrating. You get the sense that Everton are an inconvenience when it comes to the image of the city. They want to Disneyify the city for visitors. Beatles, libpewl, our cilla, and Everton are an inconvenient fly in the ointment.

The other inconvenient issue is that the murals are to celebrate their success, and we've got fuck all to celebrate.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2020, 06:06:47 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

It is frustrating. You get the sense that Everton are an inconvenience when it comes to the image of the city. They want to Disneyify the city for visitors. Beatles, libpewl, our cilla, and Everton are an inconvenient fly in the ointment.

The other inconvenient issue is that the murals are to celebrate their success, and we've got fuck all to celebrate.

They have just won the league and as hard a truth as it is to swallow they do bring a huge amount of money into the city through tourism.  Part of me wants to go setting of stray fireworks in the general direction of that, another part of me says suck it up. Use the discomfort and displeasure it causes us as a fanbase and a club to drive us on. Get some of what they are getting. Carlo is the first step in helping elevate us and hopefully this transfer window and next season will be another.
The other thing worth bearing in mind is that in 3/4 years time that waterfront, from the liver buildings to the Bramley Moore is going to outdo all these poxy fucking posters. Fuck them, that shit will fade away into the background in a few months. Our statement will last forever.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:08:08 PM by phillyt »
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

July 09, 2020, 06:11:29 PM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

This, unfortunately.

Until we start winning it simply isn't justifiable, as much as we want it to be. The club it to blame for this, not the city.

July 09, 2020, 06:18:52 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Our history is still a massive part of the city and should be celebrated. We are in the process of building the third football stadium in the city

If they want murals all over the place then we should have our own.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 09, 2020, 06:21:49 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our history is still a massive part of the city and should be celebrated. We are in the process of building the third football stadium in the city

We did have a big Nev one in Everton but it got vandalised and complained about so was removed.

They have a bar called JURGENS for goodness sake. It's libapewl land. Spend your buvac bucks on an oxlade-chamberdog at JURGENS all libapewl bar n grill.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2020, 06:39:46 PM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
We did have a big Nev one in Everton but it got vandalised and complained about so was removed.

They have a bar called JURGENS for goodness sake. It's libapewl land. Spend your buvac bucks on an oxlade-chamberdog at JURGENS all libapewl bar n grill.

Knowing the neighbours as well as I do Iím not surprised by ANY of this post.

July 09, 2020, 06:46:45 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

Exactly. It's our city we well

July 09, 2020, 06:55:42 PM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

Our history is still a massive part of the city and should be celebrated

That's just it though isn't it, it's all we've got. Yes we want it celebrated, but it's not current. There's no murals of Rush and Barns going up, it celebrating the achievements of now.

July 09, 2020, 06:58:27 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's just it though isn't it, it's all we've got. Yes we want it celebrated, but it's not current. There's no murals of Rush and Barns going up, it celebrating the achievements of now.

It is long long past the time for the club to match the fanbase in termsof ambition.

The fans get accused of split personality syndrome at times. Happy clappers who let the club get away with murder Vs fume machines who are only ever one game away from chaos.

Ultimately, it's the club that needs to step up and start making better decisions, and give the fans the club they deserve.

July 09, 2020, 06:59:41 PM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

It is long long past the time for the club to match the fanbase in termsof ambition.

The fans get accused of split personality syndrome at times. Happy clappers who let the club get away with murder Vs fume machines who are only ever one game away from chaos.

Ultimately, it's the club that needs to step up and start making better decisions, and give the fans the club they deserve.

Completely agree.

July 09, 2020, 08:09:03 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure a football club putting a massive mural in the city centre is a normal thing though?

You have your space around the ground to do all that stuff.

Last time I was in Manchester I dont recall seeing murals around the town centre.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 09, 2020, 08:13:21 PM
Reply #12

Heisenberg

Iím a firm no on the murals after the Martinez one

July 09, 2020, 08:45:07 PM
Reply #13

Paddockoldie

Burn the fucking building down or paint a clown face on it..yet the wonder why they're hated.

July 09, 2020, 08:48:52 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure a football club putting a massive mural in the city centre is a normal thing though?

You have your space around the ground to do all that stuff.

Last time I was in Manchester I dont recall seeing murals around the town centre.

Amusement park mate