November 01, 2020, 04:43:20 AM

Author Topic: Everton Mural in the city centre  (Read 3257 times)

August 28, 2020, 12:36:57 PM
Reply #30

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Man City had this for ages. Its all down to success. It was even a few decades ago when we were winning stuff. Our time will come... its just going to take ages too unfortunately.

August 28, 2020, 02:51:10 PM
Reply #31

Tofifee

Lads living in Liverpool, those of us not rom the city were always told "there are more blues than reds in Liverpool" and so on. Liverpool was for the tourists, Everton for the scousers. NOw I see a lad saying its 90/10 Red to blue.....christ that's grim
Is that where we are now?
Are we the Notts County or the Partick Thistle all of a sudden???
Do we even have 40% anymore?

August 28, 2020, 02:53:01 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

Another day, another redshite mural, it's ridiculous now, we literally don't exist

Don't worry about it. They won the most suspect league of all time and they're curently strutting. Fast forward to next year when BMD development starts and soo it will be everyone in the city wanting to get in on the developments and partnering with Everton or Peel or whoever. It's gonna be all us soon, and if Ancelotti can bring the team up to speed too - this will soon be a blip in the rear view.

Understand it's easier for me since I don't live in the city anymore though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 28, 2020, 02:57:52 PM
Reply #33

bigmanbob

Lads living in Liverpool, those of us not rom the city were always told "there are more blues than reds in Liverpool" and so on. Liverpool was for the tourists, Everton for the scousers. NOw I see a lad saying its 90/10 Red to blue.....christ that's grim
Fucking right we do, you get all the geg on's supporting them now they've won a few things, but as the majority of them are from Milton Keynes it matters not.90/10 Red to blue is complete and utter bollocks

August 28, 2020, 02:59:07 PM
Reply #34

Bluenose 91

I think it's a more case that you don't really get many half arsed Evertonians. I genuinely can't think of any that I know that don't go the match at least fairly regularly and most are season ticket holders.

Whereas you'll get a lot of ''Reds'' that just say they support them.  That has been made even worse now with them winning stuff again.  They'll crawl back under their rocks the second it starts going tits up though.

August 28, 2020, 03:50:15 PM
Reply #35

Tofifee

If we ever got to the stage we were winning leagues, would ye expect to see similar scenes to that of them lot with their fireworks all over the city and massive gatherings etc?
I am trying to remember did we have a parade after the cup in 95?
The cup still meant a lot in 95

August 28, 2020, 04:20:49 PM
Reply #36

toshyboy

If we ever got to the stage we were winning leagues, would ye expect to see similar scenes to that of them lot with their fireworks all over the city and massive gatherings etc?

Would be much bigger for us, cos it would mean a lot more as we’re genuine fans.

As said above, half of them don’t even follow football and jump on the bandwagon. Three Middle Aged women from our place bought t shirts from the market, and flags etc and went down the pier head. Asked them to name their starting 11, and could only give me van dijk and the front 3!!

August 28, 2020, 04:37:54 PM
Reply #37

Tofifee

Well, we all know what they say, one of us is worth..................... :)

August 28, 2020, 04:42:15 PM
Reply #38

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

We did and it was packed from Goodison to town and back.

But yeah, they've been the best team on the planet, not just the city for the last year. After years and years of being utter shit by their own standards.
They're all meffs, but got to let them have it, imagine how good it feels for their real fans.

I remember BATE beating us on a cold Thursday night in December at a half empty Goodison. My initial (and familiar) fume at going behind was replaced when i looked over and saw just how much they were fucking made up. In a massively patronising way, i couldnt help smiling that this little nomark team from some backwater soviet bloc had saved up their roubles to come all the way over to the grand lady and were seeing their minnows beat us. Left the ground happy despite the defeat.

There's the tiniest bit of that well-balanced adult still in me and, despite the fact they have a large collection of the worst fans in the world, my jealousy is tempered with imaging what it must feel like.

If leicester can do it. If Liverpool, who have been SHITE for ages can do it.
Then fuck it, we can do it too.

August 28, 2020, 04:56:25 PM
Reply #39

Tofifee

We did and it was packed from Goodison to town and back.

But yeah, they've been the best team on the planet, not just the city for the last year. After years and years of being utter shit by their own standards.
They're all meffs, but got to let them have it, imagine how good it feels for their real fans.

I remember BATE beating us on a cold Thursday night in December at a half empty Goodison. My initial (and familiar) fume at going behind was replaced when i looked over and saw just how much they were fucking made up. In a massively patronising way, i couldnt help smiling that this little nomark team from some backwater soviet bloc had saved up their roubles to come all the way over to the grand lady and were seeing their minnows beat us. Left the ground happy despite the defeat.

There's the tiniest bit of that well-balanced adult still in me and, despite the fact they have a large collection of the worst fans in the world, my jealousy is tempered with imaging what it must feel like.

If leicester can do it. If Liverpool, who have been SHITE for ages can do it.
Then fuck it, we can do it too.

Let's be honest tho mate, their version of being shite, and our version of being shite, differ........greatly!

August 28, 2020, 04:59:07 PM
Reply #40

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
For a few years there, not so much. Especially during Hodgson/Rogers. Even parts of Benitez. We'd turned into choke merchants by then though and couldnt take the steps necessary.

August 28, 2020, 05:03:10 PM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
My point is, the "permanence" of the "top 2/3/4/5/6" that Sky have instilled in us, backed up by Uniteds dominance of the 90s has looked weaker and weaker as the group got bigger and bigger. Then Leicester won the league.
Then Liverpool won the league.

Now, granted. Due to the closed-shop nature of the champs league, we're more likely to do what leicester have done than liverpool (I.E smash it and win every cup big and small). But we need to break this losing streak asap and then worry about following it up afterwards.

August 28, 2020, 05:11:08 PM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
mentioning Liverpool next to Leicester is strange. Its a completely different situation.

Leicester was genuinely a massive shock.

Liverpool wasnt. They have spend fucking LOADS of money on the team (dont let them tell you they never spend and have done it the organic way)

They have also been around the top 4/top 2 for a very long time. 
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 28, 2020, 05:16:24 PM
Reply #43

GrantyBoy78

This is quite topical, as the club held an invitation only fan engagement session, yesterday. It was run by an independent marketing company and was based around getting fan insight into a rebranding strategy. Not rebranding as in badge/crest stuff, but where we see ourselves as a club etc.

I wasn’t there, but there was a lot of talk about our presence in the city and how the shite have marginalised us, and how we’ve let them. We’ve let them have the city and we’re content to just defend our corner of L4. Suggestions to have permanent billboards around the city and just improve our general presence.
Tourists saying they would’ve caught a game or gone to buy a shirt but didn’t even know Everton was also in Liverpool. International fans not knowing where Everton are from.

We’re obviously never going to complete with Liverpool as a global brand, and there will a section of our fanbase who don’t want tourists coming to see us or don’t want to see murals or billboards etc, but interesting that the club are looking at different approaches.

I supposed this is all preparation for when the stadium opens and increasing our profile.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 28, 2020, 05:18:38 PM
Reply #44

Thornton_19

There was a parade. I was on the ITV news footage when it went down Queens Drive.

5 years old. Now 30. Fuck off Everton.