October 22, 2020, 04:59:30 PM

Author Topic: Everton Mural in the city centre  (Read 3157 times)

August 28, 2020, 05:25:20 PM
Reply #45

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
mentioning Liverpool next to Leicester is strange. Its a completely different situation.

Leicester was genuinely a massive shock.

Liverpool wasnt. They have spend fucking LOADS of money on the team (dont let them tell you they never spend and have done it the organic way)

They have also been around the top 4/top 2 for a very long time. 

No, they had been. But they'd appointed Roy bloody Hodgson at one point. You're right not to think they did it "organically". But the reverse is true, dont let them rewrite history and say they were always close.

you were laughing at the "it's our year" chats only 3 years ago.
Genuinely laughing out loud at the thought.

August 28, 2020, 05:40:52 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

This is quite topical, as the club held an invitation only fan engagement session, yesterday. It was run by an independent marketing company and was based around getting fan insight into a rebranding strategy. Not rebranding as in badge/crest stuff, but where we see ourselves as a club etc.

I wasn’t there, but there was a lot of talk about our presence in the city and how the shite have marginalised us, and how we’ve let them. We’ve let them have the city and we’re content to just defend our corner of L4. Suggestions to have permanent billboards around the city and just improve our general presence.
Tourists saying they would’ve caught a game or gone to buy a shirt but didn’t even know Everton was also in Liverpool. International fans not knowing where Everton are from.

We’re obviously never going to complete with Liverpool as a global brand, and there will a section of our fanbase who don’t want tourists coming to see us or don’t want to see murals or billboards etc, but interesting that the club are looking at different approaches.

I supposed this is all preparation for when the stadium opens and increasing our profile.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

The new  stadium will be a game-changer in many, not immediately apparent ways.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 28, 2020, 06:25:24 PM
Reply #47

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This is quite topical, as the club held an invitation only fan engagement session, yesterday. It was run by an independent marketing company and was based around getting fan insight into a rebranding strategy. Not rebranding as in badge/crest stuff, but where we see ourselves as a club etc.

I wasn’t there, but there was a lot of talk about our presence in the city and how the shite have marginalised us, and how we’ve let them. We’ve let them have the city and we’re content to just defend our corner of L4. Suggestions to have permanent billboards around the city and just improve our general presence.
Tourists saying they would’ve caught a game or gone to buy a shirt but didn’t even know Everton was also in Liverpool. International fans not knowing where Everton are from.

We’re obviously never going to complete with Liverpool as a global brand, and there will a section of our fanbase who don’t want tourists coming to see us or don’t want to see murals or billboards etc, but interesting that the club are looking at different approaches.

I supposed this is all preparation for when the stadium opens and increasing our profile.

This is really interesting.

August 28, 2020, 06:31:16 PM
Reply #48

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No, they had been. But they'd appointed Roy bloody Hodgson at one point. You're right not to think they did it "organically". But the reverse is true, dont let them rewrite history and say they were always close.

you were laughing at the "it's our year" chats only 3 years ago.
Genuinely laughing out loud at the thought.

Yeah but I think the lowest they’ve ever finished since they came back up in the early 60s is 8th

The “our year” stuff was funny because, um, it wasn’t. But they “should” have been closer than they had been in that period.

Having Hodgson for 4 months isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

They also had world record fees for a defender and a goalie in their team. You expect success if that’s the level your spending at
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:33:16 PM by GLewis »

August 28, 2020, 06:32:54 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think marketing pov...a huge part of your branding is done on the pitch to be quite honest. Unless you are a cool side with engaging fan culture that gets traction online and in popular media, what hits is goals and trophy's and being good on video games.

I would be looking at that tourist market though and saying ok you're in town for a week, we can get you a ticket and you can feel part of a more genuine fan culture rather than the big plazzy shite one over there which is *all* tourists. Build a relationship for life by giving them a connection they can root for and a story they can tell. The difference between going to Disney land in Paris and spending 200 euros to spending a night out in the Bastille and finding a bar that you love.

One is an attraction, one is a connection.

If a tourist is looking for things to do here when and where do Everton appear on their radar...at the moment they dont.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 28, 2020, 06:34:53 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes interesting.

Was going to say, they’ve definitely made a big effort recently to improve their “cultural” appearance. Most of it cringey, obviously, but we’ve obviously been caught off guard with regards to the city centre stuff.

August 30, 2020, 04:13:33 PM
Reply #51

Macca77

August 31, 2020, 04:48:07 PM
Reply #52

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/Kititout1/status/1299768325514420230

Would be vandalised with graffiti within hours, best way of promoting our image is to win something, anything !

August 31, 2020, 09:19:22 PM
Reply #53

Gary1878

I see Liverpool being in the same city as a positive to be monetized/capitalized on rather than anything else. Everton can buy any billboard or magnify the presence of the club in any way they see fit through advertising like any business. The fact that we haven't isn't the fault of Liverpool FC. It's our own fault.

Liverpool being successful should push us to want to be a better team and club, and not just settle for what we have. One club cities tend to rest on their laurels a lot more as they know that they will have that fan base to hold on to. We don't have that luxury, being in the most contested football corridor on Earth with Liverpool, United and City on our doorstep. That creates problems as well as huge opportunities.

If Everton improve, we can create a huge rivalries with these teams and with Liverpool again, challenging right at the top. It will mean more TV money, more sponsorship money, and players wanting to be involved in these fixtures.

It is completely up to us to capitalize on it. These clubs will keep growing and will happily leave us behind if we don't raise our game.

September 26, 2020, 06:14:50 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

October 09, 2020, 09:37:39 PM
Reply #55

Macca77

October 10, 2020, 05:21:30 PM
Reply #56

Danny

https://twitter.com/Kititout1/status/1314477418028171267

Sounds like the type delaying tactics of Liverpool fans who were suddenly obsessed with the historical significance of walls they’ve never seen in person.