Matchday Archives > Matchday Threads 2019-20

Everton vs Aston Villa - 16 July, 2020

<< < (65/65)

YankeeBlue214:

--- Quote from: sam of the south on July 17, 2020, 03:22:53 AM ---Oh god, Silva didnít have a clue.

His possession based game consisted of pass it slowly between the DMís whilst allowing Sigurdsson to be miles ahead of them as a CF who hides between FB and CB, and eventually get it to Digne to ping it into a packed box.

Ancelotti would laugh at that shit.

--- End quote ---

Right, but my point has always been that it's the players.

In 17/18 at Napoli, he predominantly played a 4-4-2, and they had 60% possession on the season.
In 16/17 at Bayern, he predominantly played a 4-2-3-1 (and quite a bit of 4-3-3), but their level of talent was worlds beyond ours. They had 69% possession on the season.

It's not Carlo or the formation, it's our players.

sam of the south:

--- Quote from: YankeeBlue214 on July 17, 2020, 03:55:36 AM ---Right, but my point has always been that it's the players.

In 17/18 at Napoli, he predominantly played a 4-4-2, and they had 60% possession on the season.
In 16/17 at Bayern, he predominantly played a 4-2-3-1 (and quite a bit of 4-3-3), but their level of talent was worlds beyond ours. They had 69% possession on the season.

It's not Carlo or the formation, it's our players.

--- End quote ---

Itís the players, and the system.

If youíre pretty much the only side in the league playing 442, and your two CMís are shit, you better hope your strikers donít mind chasing lost causes, and can fashion chances for themselves.

Waltzer:

--- Quote from: sam of the south on July 17, 2020, 04:07:39 AM ---you better hope your strikers don't mind chasing lost causes, and can fashion chances for themselves.

--- End quote ---

Or finish guilt edge chances when presented to them

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

YankeeBlue214:

--- Quote from: Silas on July 15, 2020, 01:29:58 PM ---This will be dull

--- End quote ---

Shoulda put this in the predictions thread.

sam of the south:

--- Quote from: Waltzer on July 17, 2020, 03:47:44 PM ---
Or finish guilt edge chances when presented to them

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have sympathy, though.

It must be hard to get your composed head on after hours of fruitlessly running the channels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with NSNO | Everton Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version