May 14, 2021, 11:40:04 PM

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Everton  (Read 10882 times)

July 21, 2020, 02:50:20 AM
Reply #375

Everton Mint

July 21, 2020, 02:54:02 AM
Reply #376

stirlingblue

Let's not go comparing him to de Ligt just yet, lol

I just meant his build, you donít see a lot of 18 year olds his size

July 21, 2020, 02:56:29 AM
Reply #377

Everton Mint

Branthwaite won MOTM on the Everton website.

Very promising full debut - great physically but also impressed me by his calm character.

July 21, 2020, 03:11:35 AM
Reply #378

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I just meant his build, you donít see a lot of 18 year olds his size

Word. Right about that indeed.
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

July 21, 2020, 03:46:19 AM
Reply #379

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not going to have a go at DCL. He's surpassed all my football expectations for him, this season. I think people being disappointed after his purple patch is a bit short sighted, considering the massive improvement this season. He's not nailing his chances atm, but is still working hard. Richarlison is an absolute steal at the transfer window ruining 50 mill. Even Theo, looked decent tonight. Lots of sevens. I'm concerned about Tom Davies's mistakes; though he shows a bit of promise here and there. He's got to double up on that at least, to make it here. Branthwaite is a Brands buy, iirc? He looks composed and solid. Maybe the Athletico model has just started rolling for Everton. "Come on! It's about time"! Luca Digne is a worthy Baines replacement, I never thought we could sort that issue out so quickly. Plenty to look forward to. IMO. :)
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

July 21, 2020, 03:56:53 AM
Reply #380

ally2

That second half was very good. We had very good control although I would still like to see more composure when clearing from defence and I think Gomes is a bit of a liability when defending. He's easily done but generally his play was very good and it's good to see again.

We're a very strange team in a very strange season with nothing left to play for.

July 21, 2020, 04:00:28 AM
Reply #381

Macca77

July 21, 2020, 07:00:34 AM
Reply #382

TSGun

Excellent win against a very competitive unit.

In this crazy season/year/world any sense of pride is most welcome.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

July 21, 2020, 07:19:44 AM
Reply #383

Bluedylan

@YankeeBlue14, with love and respect, I saw a comment in the match report for the Guardian, that reminded me of you:

To The Guardian,

Sheffield weren't playing tonight.

Sheffield FC are a historic football club still extant in the league structure. There are two professional teams in Sheffield. Sheffield Wednesday, 4 times Champions of England, 3 times FA Cup winners, and once League Cup winners, and Sheffield United, currently riding high in the Premier League. Neither of these teams can properly be referred to as "Sheffield".

Regards,
Football
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 21, 2020, 04:25:55 PM
Reply #384

Shogun

Administrator
@YankeeBlue14, with love and respect, I saw a comment in the match report for the Guardian, that reminded me of you:

To The Guardian,

Sheffield weren't playing tonight.

Sheffield FC are a historic football club still extant in the league structure. There are two professional teams in Sheffield. Sheffield Wednesday, 4 times Champions of England, 3 times FA Cup winners, and once League Cup winners, and Sheffield United, currently riding high in the Premier League. Neither of these teams can properly be referred to as "Sheffield".

Regards,
Football

Probably written by a Glasgow or Manchester fan that though
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 21, 2020, 05:39:38 PM
Reply #385

Jamokachi

Branthwaite did well but Gomes would be my MOTM I think. Carried that last 5 minutes against Villa into this game.

July 21, 2020, 05:56:39 PM
Reply #386

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You really set a low bar if you think that was coming into form , yes it was three points but it was a sub mid table performance.

For us, that's form lol

I'm not serious, don't worry. Can't remember the last time we saw a semi decent performance from this club.
Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.