December 02, 2020, 05:50:01 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 57815 times)

October 27, 2020, 08:03:28 PM
Reply #1005

Bluedylan

Spurs are going to be in the Top 3 this season.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 27, 2020, 08:04:20 PM
Reply #1006

BlueForYou

Hojberg and Keane, about 400 passes made
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2020, 09:06:18 PM
Reply #1007

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Hojberg has 90% completed this season?
He could have. Most of his passes (just like when he plays for Denmark) is 5-6 yards passes. Hard to miss those. I'm still happy we didn't sign him.

October 27, 2020, 09:36:07 PM
Reply #1008

AllyBlue14

If we’re not going to use him in midfield then I’d have Davies at RB over Godfrey, his confidence will be shot after the weekend.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him start Sig on the left, although he’s not a like for like with Richarlison he does get close to DCL to support him and he’s keen to get a shot away like Richarlison is. I also think that you avoid the issues he has in the middle of the park if you stick him in the front three.

I’d prefer Gordon, but for whatever reason Ancelotti doesn’t seem keen to give him much time.

Tend to see Davies as more of a last 10 minutes kind of right back, play him there when we're out of subs kind of deal. Just not sure how he'd fare for a full 90 minutes. But, like you say, we don't want to hammer Godfrey's confidence 3 matches into his Everton career.

Agree about Gordon/Sig too - Sigurdsson's role should be on the bench, to replace Gomes/Richarlison/James depending on how the game is going. In Richarlison's absence, starting him over Gordon limits our penetration going forward - but given he seems to be the go-to captain in Coleman's absence, it would appear he'll be shoe-horned in somewhere.

October 27, 2020, 10:32:47 PM
Reply #1009

Old England Toffee

I think his football intelligence is pretty low, his technique is great most of the time, but he marks himself out of the game with movement that is either too slow or too late

I hate seeing him ask for the ball when the pass would have been suicidal, especially when he asks people like mina who just can't do it.
Yeah it doesnt make sense, he seems smart in interviews albeit with Micheal Owen levels of dull. I think its more a mental thing, maybe he gets the fear which makes sense when you think how well he did at Swansea when the pressure was off, at Spurs and with us he hasnt played well consistently, and also how he has done well off the bench, maybe captaincy doesnt help either.

October 27, 2020, 10:36:03 PM
Reply #1010

BlueForYou

Sigurdsson has to be dropped as captaincy stand-in
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:37:09 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 07, 2020, 08:34:47 PM
Reply #1011

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If brands really chased Doucoure for two years then it's a massive question mark over him for me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2020, 08:37:26 PM
Reply #1012

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was decent myself.

People will just focus on that last two minutes though but he did what he’s supposed to do for the most part.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 07, 2020, 08:37:34 PM
Reply #1013

Heisenberg

He’s nowhere near the group of bad players in our team. But yes, he’s not great. Doesn’t do a lot offensively or defensively. Needs to buck his ideas up before Gbamin returns and 4231 may be used without Doucoure

November 07, 2020, 08:39:16 PM
Reply #1014

Cozzie

Don't mind him.

Bad game today like but he is far from the issue.

November 07, 2020, 08:40:19 PM
Reply #1015

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was decent myself.

People will just focus on that last two minutes though but he did what he’s supposed to do for the most part.

I thought he was average throughout with spots of horrible.

Just another bang bang average player who doesn't move us closer to our goal at the wrong end of his career.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2020, 08:44:40 PM
Reply #1016

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he was average throughout with spots of horrible.

Just another bang bang average player who doesn't move us closer to our goal at the wrong end of his career.

I don’t think a midfielder has ever had a good game for us playing next to Sigurdsson. He vacates his position leaving massive gaps for the fella next to him to cover and not having an option when they’re on the ball.

Thought he was one of the only few players that actually got close to the opposition and won the ball to start counters.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 07, 2020, 08:48:08 PM
Reply #1017

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t think a midfielder has ever had a good game for us playing next to Sigurdsson. He vacates his position leaving massive gaps for the fella next to him to cover and not having an option when they’re on the ball.

Thought he was one of the only few players that actually got close to the opposition and won the ball to start counters.

Allan second half held the midfield together on and off the ball.

Doucoure is just a midtable player for me I think. Which is fine. It's just not good, and not what a director of football trying to build a club should be signing. Expensive flotsam.

November 07, 2020, 08:54:15 PM
Reply #1018

Old England Toffee

Allan second half held the midfield together on and off the ball.

Doucoure is just a midtable player for me I think. Which is fine. It's just not good, and not what a director of football trying to build a club should be signing. Expensive flotsam.
Not really that expensive though, not many proven prem midfielders for less than 20 million. Thought he was fine today, if we have someone else in the midfield with him and allen he will start to have some good games for us

November 07, 2020, 08:57:48 PM
Reply #1019

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Echo has him down as our best midfielder today. Didn’t think he did much wrong. To call Siggurdson a passenger is an insult to passengers.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: