November 25, 2020, 03:26:25 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 54253 times)

pedrotheblue, Dr. Sponge, brap2 and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 11, 2020, 07:08:43 PM
Reply #1140

stirlingblue

The thing everybody is missing is that Doucouré is closer to Sig’s desired role than the defensive midfielder we want him to be.

He’s doing an admirable job but we’re massively lacking a sitting, space covering DM which will allow Allan and Doucouré the freedom to press that they need.

November 11, 2020, 07:26:23 PM
Reply #1141

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Doucoure is the second best tackler outside the top six

Allan is also right up there in the amount of tackles and interceptions made per game

That suggests to me that both players are doing whats asked of them. It's the fella to the left of them, whether that be Gomes or Sigurdsson that lets them down.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 11, 2020, 08:21:45 PM
Reply #1142

Waltzer

Allan is also right up there in the amount of tackles and interceptions made per game

That suggests to me that both players are doing whats asked of them. It's the fella to the left of them, whether that be Gomes or Sigurdsson that lets them down.
Allan is the best in the league so far, averages 4.7 tackles per game

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 11, 2020, 08:33:10 PM
Reply #1143

Bob Sacamano

Seems that the way we play we’re dependent on that 3rd CM being absolute dynamite on the turn. Unfortunately we have Gylfi and Gomes.

November 11, 2020, 08:39:08 PM
Reply #1144

Waltzer

Seems that the way we play we're dependent on that 3rd CM being absolute dynamite on the turn. Unfortunately we have Gylfi and Gomes.
I think we just need someone that can advance with the ball centrally as well as doing the ugly stuff, we have a lot that are combative in the midfield but we need someone that can create and score, I hoped that was Gomes but looking less and less likely

November 11, 2020, 09:11:55 PM
Reply #1145

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Allan one of the most aggressive pressers in Europe ATM.

But both doing the headless chicken routine isn't working and we're being bypassed. Relatively fewer interceptions shows this I think... individual duals we can win but combination play we struggle.

Drop them both into a two with specific jobs,  push the backline up 5 yards, out someone ahead who can receive on the half turn.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 12, 2020, 03:06:36 AM
Reply #1146

sam of the south

Allan one of the most aggressive pressers in Europe ATM.

But both doing the headless chicken routine isn't working and we're being bypassed. Relatively fewer interceptions shows this I think... individual duals we can win but combination play we struggle.

Drop them both into a two with specific jobs,  push the backline up 5 yards, out someone ahead who can receive on the half turn.

James Rodriguez.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 16, 2020, 03:49:27 AM
Reply #1147

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I don't like these ones as essentially it's highlighting the least shit, but he does have more goals and assists than Iwobi, who lots have been saying should start as he's much more creative. But like I said, neither are good enough, so I'll leave it there.

Be amazed if he creates and scores more without the set plays which are crap anyway. You surely don’t believe iwobi is a worse player than sigurdsson

This thread has been a fascinating read the last 5 or so pages.

Anyway, just because I always do, I looked up their output.

All comps, the past 2 years:
Iwobi has 3 goals, 3 assists in 2,242 minutes.
Sigurdsson has 3 goals, 6 assists in 3,279 minutes. 1 of the goals was a pen, and 2 of the assists were corners.

Iwobi doesn't take pens, or corners. Their output is pretty much identical.

Can't use the "played out of position" argument, since they both have, and it could be argued Iwobi moreso. I don't really care what they cost, but if anyone does, we're talking £27m for a 23-year-old vs £45m for a 31-year-old.

I know who I'd take, and he hasn't even been very good. It's Iwobi, btw.

Is this the Doucoure thread, I forgot.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 16, 2020, 03:54:32 AM
Reply #1148

Waltzer

Sigurdsson has 3 goals, 6 assists in 3,279 minutes. 1 of the goals was a pen, and 2 of the assists were corners.

Can't use the "played out of position" argument, since they both have, and it could be argued Iwobi moreso. I don't really care what they cost, but if anyone does, we're talking £27m for a 23-year-old vs £45m for a 31-year-old.

Fuck me, Sig was 31 when we bought him, never knew that......

November 16, 2020, 04:06:53 AM
Reply #1149

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me, Sig was 31 when we bought him, never knew that......

Funny guy.

Ok, 22 y.o. Iwobi vs 27 y.o. Sigurdsson. Everything else I pointed out is entirely accurate.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 16, 2020, 06:02:05 AM
Reply #1150

KoemansNumberTens

Think me point would be that sigurdsson simply isn’t capable of having games as good as iwobi had against Brighton and Utd (and they weren’t even that good)
Even at his best he’d be as good as he is now but with a some moments of magic. He isn’t capable of even a good all round performance. Least iwobi has good days. Not enough of them but least he has some

November 16, 2020, 04:05:36 PM
Reply #1151

tipping1!

I rated him very highly at Watford. He has been consistent for us during the start of the season. He is exactly what we need that, someone strong and powerful.

November 23, 2020, 03:33:32 AM
Reply #1152

Undisputed_blue

Let's face it, Decoure is a defensive liability at the moment:

He failed to track his player Bobby Decordova-Reid for the first goal.

Failed to track his player Loftus-Cheek who a split second later won a penalty.

Failed to close down Loftus-Cheek quickly enough for Fulham's goal.

November 23, 2020, 03:44:13 AM
Reply #1153

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a good game today I thought.

Off the ball got through tons of work and when he did make a run forward he finished a great move.

Both him and Allan struggling to get the ball forward though. Could do with James in front of them definitely.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 23, 2020, 04:26:10 AM
Reply #1154

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was great myself.

Think he and Allan are being asked to do too much so at times they can struggle to impact the game but they can also have periods where they dominate.

He ran the show in the last 20 minutes of the first half and that won us the game really.

Constant energy and is starting to become more of a threat in the final third. The player we’ve been missing in the middle of the park for years.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown