November 01, 2020, 05:05:32 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 45308 times)

August 21, 2020, 03:25:40 AM
Reply #30

Juanito

I’m really pleased with this. Know what we are getting to an extent and he could kick on at a new club with new manager. Got goals in him, box to box but more importantly, has what we have been missing in the middle of the park;

Power
Pace
Presence
Covers ground
Energy

Allan could be a cult hero, too. I would like to see a three with Gomes. Richarlison, DCL and new signing up top (Sarr, or someone similar who offers pace and power) Kean to compete with DCL.

Also, find the new Cafu from Brazil and sign him for 2.5 million.

August 21, 2020, 03:26:49 AM
Reply #31

Waltzer

From the above link: "There's enough evidence to suggest that Doucoure is more or less an average PL player that has an inflated reputation that can be attributed to his goal scoring. "

Ok so Doucoure is a Sigurdsson replacement, a player whose strength is scoring goals but only scores half as much him. Personally, I wouldn't sign him due to lack of fit.
It's a really difficult one, I personally don't think Doucoure is all that, yes he's better than what we have, but it's not that hard. Going abroad isn't mailed on either, I'd have put money on Ndombele tearing the league up at Spurs, but he's been woeful. Doucoure will make us more competitive which will be good, but he's a pretty limited player

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 21, 2020, 03:33:19 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
From the above link: "There’s enough evidence to suggest that Doucoure is more or less an average PL player that has an inflated reputation that can be attributed to his goal scoring. "

Ok so Doucoure is a Sigurdsson replacement, a player whose strength is scoring goals but only scores half as much him. Personally, I wouldn't sign him due to lack of fit.

In short, yes.

He's a.totally different type of player, but the two things current sigurdsson currently adds to this side are : lots of pressing and runs into the box.

They are doucoures two stand out abilities as a box to box midfielder.

The other is that he has that Ross Barkley style ability to take the ball from one box to the other by charging up the pitch with it.

The difference is that outside of that he's an OK midfielder who can do a little bit of everything else.

Be fine if we can match that with another actual midfielder who can do other good stuff.

Functions of a midfielder :

hold shape
Tackles in each third
Interceptions
Pressing / off the ball defence
Rotate the ball
Break the lines with passes
Drive the ball forward with dribbles
Off the ball attacking runs
G+A
Prolly some other stuff

Finding a blend of players who do a bit of that each to form a whole is the key.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2020, 03:40:06 AM
Reply #33

kramer0

Lazy.

I thought the arrival of Brands meant we were done adding players one move too late.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 21, 2020, 03:42:02 AM
Reply #34

Undisputed_blue

In short, yes.

He's a.totally different type of player, but the two things current sigurdsson currently adds to this side are : lots of pressing and runs into the box.

They are doucoures two stand out abilities as a box to box midfielder.

The other is that he has that Ross Barkley style ability to take the ball from one box to the other by charging up the pitch with it.

The difference is that outside of that he's an OK midfielder who can do a little bit of everything else.

Be fine if we can match that with another actual midfielder who can do other good stuff.

Functions of a midfielder :

hold shape
Tackles in each third
Interceptions
Pressing / off the ball defence
Rotate the ball
Break the lines with passes
Drive the ball forward with dribbles
Off the ball attacking runs
G+A
Prolly some other stuff

Finding a blend of players who do a bit of that each to form a whole is the key.

He's not a good passer either according to the stats.

Yes I do recognise he's good at driving forward, pressing, etc, but the inability to pass just undermines his good work.

August 21, 2020, 03:54:02 AM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

Lazy.

I thought the arrival of Brands meant we were done adding players one move too late.

I just don’t think this is the league for that approach, unfortunately.

August 21, 2020, 04:01:00 AM
Reply #36

Waltzer

Lazy.

These will all be Moshiri signings, especially if they go tits up....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 21, 2020, 04:01:54 AM
Reply #37

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
From the above link: "There’s enough evidence to suggest that Doucoure is more or less an average PL player that has an inflated reputation that can be attributed to his goal scoring. "

So sayeth the Gylfi superfan. Shocking.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

August 21, 2020, 04:03:01 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So sayeth the Gylfi superfan. Shocking.

The article he is quoting is not written by a fan of gylfi Sigurdsson.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2020, 04:04:31 AM
Reply #39

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
The article he is quoting is not written by a fan of gylfi Sigurdsson.

No, but U-b is. The comment after the quote is not from the article.

August 21, 2020, 04:06:39 AM
Reply #40

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Lazy.

I mentioned this earlier, but how much longer do you think Moshiri will wait to get a return on his investment, and how many years of Carlo's contract do you think they want to waste trying to succeed with all under-25s?

August 21, 2020, 04:09:57 AM
Reply #41

Undisputed_blue

No, but U-b is. The comment after the quote is not from the article.

Where did I say I was a superfan of Sigurdsson? All what I did was to completely smashed your argument on him by logical reasoning. You should try it sometime.

August 21, 2020, 04:11:19 AM
Reply #42

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Where did I say I was a superfan of Sigurdsson? All what I did was to completely smashed your argument on him by logical reasoning. You should try it sometime.

lol

Were you or were you not the white knight defender of Sig's in his thread? If not, my sincerest apologies, but I'm pretty sure.

edit: nevermind, I confirmed it. You think his set piece & pen goals made him the bee's knees. No need to go over that nonsense again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:13:31 AM by YankeeBlue214 »

August 21, 2020, 04:18:27 AM
Reply #43

Undisputed_blue

lol

Were you or were you not the white knight defender of Sig's in his thread? If not, my sincerest apologies, but I'm pretty sure.

No silly you! I was merely pointing out the errors of your thinking caused by the usual knee jerk reactions.

August 21, 2020, 04:19:54 AM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Lazy.

Does anyone know the spread of profile of his signings at PSV?

Just wondering as I think there’s a general conception that everyone in Holland is signing under the radar players.

Maybe some of the players he was signing were obvious in that environment?