October 22, 2020, 05:11:42 PM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 42499 times)

October 09, 2020, 02:56:09 AM
Reply #945

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He changed nationalities after getting senior caps?! Is that even allowed?

October 09, 2020, 02:57:33 AM
Reply #946

ajax_andy

He changed nationalities after getting senior caps?! Is that even allowed?

Non competitive fixtures I'm guessing 🤷‍♂️

October 09, 2020, 03:07:52 AM
Reply #947

irishtoffee

Non competitive fixtures I'm guessing 🤷‍♂️
Ya he played in 3 friendlies and was then approached by Southgate and switched

October 09, 2020, 03:44:10 AM
Reply #948

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I had a dream about him last night. Told him he was captain.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 10, 2020, 05:09:02 PM
Reply #949

Toffee_4_Life

Random thought of the day:

If we'd have signed Doucoure in Silvas first summer when we got Richy (which by all account we tried) do we think he might still be in a job. The main downfall for Silva was the lack of work rate and power in midfield.

I'm glad it didn't work out as we ended up with Carlo but just wonder if Doucoure along with Gueye would have been enough?!

October 10, 2020, 05:17:43 PM
Reply #950

KoemansNumberTens

If we'd have signed Doucoure in Silvas first summer when we got Richy (which by all account we tried) do we think he might still be in a job. The main downfall for Silva was the lack of work rate and power in midfield.

I'm glad it didn't work out as we ended up with Carlo but just wonder if Doucoure along with Gueye would have been enough?!

We had some utterly inept managers back to back. Thank fuck they all left

October 10, 2020, 05:44:57 PM
Reply #951

sam of the south

No, his ideas were pretty awful.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 10, 2020, 05:56:36 PM
Reply #952

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At the beginning of last season where everything was going against us, the penalty VAR decisions like the one at Brighton etc, we felt so hard done by and up against it.

In hindsight, I am so glad that all happened. It was the best thing that could have happened. We wouldn't have a world class manager and our first world class player in decades at the club right now.

October 10, 2020, 06:39:01 PM
Reply #953

ajax_andy

Let's not forget the right winger he wanted and didn't get either... Both those may well have made a big difference.

However like you said it all worked out waaay better anyway so nothing but happy feelings towards those missed signings.

October 10, 2020, 07:25:31 PM
Reply #954

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
At the beginning of last season where everything was going against us, the penalty VAR decisions like the one at Brighton etc, we felt so hard done by and up against it.

In hindsight, I am so glad that all happened. It was the best thing that could have happened. We wouldn't have a world class manager and our first world class player in decades at the club right now.

It's always darkest before the dawn, innit.
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 10, 2020, 09:02:12 PM
Reply #955

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's always darkest before the dawn, innit.
It’s been the longest night ever.

34 years of darkness apart from when the moon came out from behind the clouds of the briefest of moments in 1995/6.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 11, 2020, 02:48:53 PM
Reply #956

stirlingblue

I probably feels a close connection to both.

Surprised to hear that, what’s your link with Mali?

October 11, 2020, 03:55:25 PM
Reply #957

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

I wonder if Silva would have signed Gueye...