December 02, 2020, 05:19:39 AM

Author Topic: Doucouré  (Read 57806 times)

Kilvin, chart7 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 21, 2020, 12:37:42 AM
Read 57806 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Might as well have a thread on him.

Thoughts?

Good signing?

Or another uninspired, lazy piece of recruitment?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 21, 2020, 12:42:40 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Good signing depending on price not the most creative of signings but I'm not sure given how shite our midfield is that's a bad thing. We need to know what we are getting to an extent and I think we can at least say this guy has been scouted to death

August 21, 2020, 12:44:58 AM
Reply #2

ajax_andy

On paper I'd say a good signing, completely different player to what we have, athletic, tall, powerful... Should just slot straight in and make a substantial difference.

Yes the fee and wages for his age isn't what we were hoping for as a long term vision, but I think it's the one area of the pitch we need instant impact.

He's not world class but if he compliments Allen that area of the pitch gets an almighty upgrade of quality.

August 21, 2020, 12:45:43 AM
Reply #3

toshyboy

Gotta trust Carlo, he clearly thinks he’ll add something and you’ve got the bonus of prem ready

August 21, 2020, 12:46:07 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Don't really fancy him in a 2 but think a 3 of him Allan and Gomes would be pretty solid. Not massively creative but could work in a similar way to Liverpool's midfield.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

August 21, 2020, 12:49:38 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Don't really fancy him in a 2 but think a 3 of him Allan and Gomes would be pretty solid. Not massively creative but could work in a similar way to Liverpool's midfield.

I’d like a 3, but I reckon those two will pretty much cement the 442.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 21, 2020, 12:50:41 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
I’d like a 3, but I reckon those two will pretty much cement the 442.

Depends on whether Ancelotti was playing 442 out of necessity or choice, I guess.

August 21, 2020, 12:53:10 AM
Reply #7

ajax_andy

Depends on whether Ancelotti was playing 442 out of necessity or choice, I guess.

I think DCL - Richarlison is such a good combo when we don't have a 20+ goal scorer that we'll still be 4-4-2 next season.

Personally I'm not a fan of it, but I get the logic when your most dangerous asset is those two up top together.

August 21, 2020, 12:54:57 AM
Reply #8

sam of the south

A bit of both, I reckon.

It seems to be his preferred default formation, anyway, (According to what he said to Carragher) and seeing Ferguson make us more solid whilst also getting our two most threatening players in the box more, it was an easy decision for him to continue with it.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 21, 2020, 12:56:22 AM
Reply #9

Cozzie

Perfectly ok with it.

More excited by seeing how he works with Allan more than the actual signing of him itself.

August 21, 2020, 12:56:48 AM
Reply #10

ally2

I like him and I think he will be very good for us.

August 21, 2020, 12:56:57 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
If he does stick with 442 then I fear it'll end very badly. It doesn't give us anywhere near enough control of the game and limits creativity. If we get a winger in then it'll set up for the 4-3-3 perfectly.

August 21, 2020, 12:56:59 AM
Reply #12

KingdingalingNL

I'm happy with this signing, he and Allan are what we need, both powerfull and get the ball back and always go forward.

August 21, 2020, 01:28:43 AM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

If he does stick with 442 then I fear it'll end very badly. It doesn't give us anywhere near enough control of the game and limits creativity. If we get a winger in then it'll set up for the 4-3-3 perfectly.
It won’t end badly because Carlo is a world class manager and if it starts to go tits up due to the formation, he’ll change it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 21, 2020, 01:35:51 AM
Reply #14

Old England Toffee

Might as well have a thread on him.

Thoughts?

Good signing?

Or another uninspired, lazy piece of recruitment?

uninspired lazy and a good signing. looked great whenever ive seen him, not too many games mind. I dont get this thinking that we are set to play 442, because carlos italian maybe. Especially the early games the shape was changing a bit. Dont think we will have a predictable same shape every week type team, once he has got the right players in.