May 11, 2021, 01:30:32 PM

Author Topic: Attractive football  (Read 3730 times)

May 09, 2021, 10:56:25 PM
Reply #30

stirlingblue

That's a poor shout about our squad you know.

Think he's got us performing to our level with the players he's got. We are certainly nowhere near the level of teams above us, other than West Ham and id say they have a better squad than us.

Our squad is a mess.

I probably wasn’t the most eloquent in my response, but I’m talking about ‘attractiveness’ not the position in the league.

We’ve definitely got top 10 squad in the league, arguably top 7.

We’re probably one of the worst teams to watch play. Only Palace, Newcastle, Burnley, West Brom and Sheff Utd worse

May 10, 2021, 01:12:46 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
While we played crap today it was highly entertaining as it was such a close game. I can handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

May 10, 2021, 02:44:33 AM
Reply #32

sam of the south

Attractive football is abstract.

Productive football is a better aim.

Today, West Ham had 70% possession, and passed the ball twice as much as us.

However, we had 3 shots on target, and they had 0.

Now that is going in the right direction.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 10, 2021, 02:52:32 AM
Reply #33

kramer0

Attractive football is abstract.

Productive football is a better aim.

Today, West Ham had 70% possession, and passed the ball twice as much as us.

However, we had 3 shots on target, and they had 0.

Now that is going in the right direction.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily bothered by possession, passing stats, how many men we pour forward, etc.

It's all about controlling space and shots. Any approach that does those things well is good in my book.

We’ve played too many coin-flip games against sides with inferior squads this season. That is my entire frustration with Ancelotti.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:53:51 AM by kramer0 »

May 10, 2021, 04:39:33 PM
Reply #34

BlueMaquis

If we were in West ham's position, which we easily could be if the wind blew differently or whatever, I don't think people would be saying oh this squad is awful from A - Z.

It's hugely imbalanced and absolutely does have issues, and no denying we've been hit with injuries but the idea we don't have enough quality to have been playing better through this season than we have been is well off imo.

The idea he's got them playing exactly to the level they should be playing...well that's not particularly inspiring. I'd rather believe he's capable of better but needs more time than he's capable of exactly this and needs more money.

Why would he need more money? If the hundreds of thousands that him and each team member is being paid isn't enough for them to perform at their best, you really believe that giving them more will make them better?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:43:31 PM by BlueMaquis »

May 10, 2021, 05:13:12 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why would he need more money? If the hundreds of thousands that him and each team member is being paid isn't enough for them to perform at their best, you really believe that giving them more will make them better?

More money to spend on transfers I mean, not to get a new motor.

And for the record I meant that I'd rather believe he needs time to coach than believe he's got them playing how they 'should be' and it will only improve by buying more players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.