May 11, 2021, 01:12:26 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 159074 times)

May 10, 2021, 02:18:52 PM
Reply #1110

Paddockoldie

I'm typing this with a crash helmet on, so I'm ready for the onslaught.. I know it's a biggie, but could Davies become a Peter Reid type player for us? I know he's a bit slow but so was Freddie. He could just sit back as a 6 and be the link between the offence and defence. He would need to improve his passing as Reid could thread a splitter. Maybe, having less to do for him is more.
Ok, I'm braced and ready....

May 10, 2021, 02:34:35 PM
Reply #1111

Cozzie

Nah I can see where you are coming from, he has improved under Ancelotti who also speaks highly of him as of late.

Much rather sign a more established number 6 but he has shown how important he is to the side at the moment so he will be a great squad player for if we need to rotate next season.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

May 10, 2021, 02:35:41 PM
Reply #1112

Paddockoldie

Nah I can see where you are coming from, he has improved under Ancelotti who also speaks highly of him as of late.

Much rather sign a more established number 6 but he has shown how important he is to the side at the moment so he will be a great squad player for if we need to rotate next season.

You are right, and tender with it.......

May 10, 2021, 06:31:07 PM
Reply #1113

ajax_andy

Davies is fine, don't think he'll ever be better than that though.  Had a good game yesterday but again lost the ball by not being strong enough and it lead to their header which should have been a goal.  Seems to lack the physicality to really dominate a midfield and lacks the athleticism or technical ability to compensate.

Not bashing him here, he's improved a lot and I'd rather him in the team than not given the other options available.