October 30, 2020, 01:55:58 AM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 90702 times)

Sixymack Version2.0 and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 18, 2020, 05:59:02 PM
Reply #2355

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He did some really good tracking back yesterday too, I didnt expect that

Think he gets back when he can.

Obviously never going to be like Richarlison up and down at full speed all game.

October 18, 2020, 08:58:46 PM
Reply #2356

Free Agent

Think he gets back when he can.

Obviously never going to be like Richarlison up and down at full speed all game.

Yeah that was mad how he was on left wing attacking one minute, then back at right back helping to clear the threat the next.

October 18, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
Reply #2357

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hes like a ghost. You never see him until it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 18, 2020, 09:43:02 PM
Reply #2358

mikey_blue

What did we think when he moved centrally?

Ive been under the impression that if he moved centrally, wed be overrun. Im not so sure now. Obviously he doesnt do much defending, but he rarely loses the ball or misplaces a pass. Him being in the centre with someone out wide (Gordon) who helps the fullback out defensively would mean that Doucoure wouldnt have to cover the right flank as diligently and could focus his attentions centrally.

Obviously theres nothing wrong with what hes doing now and Im not pushing for it to change lol, but Gomes feels like a weak link to me.

October 18, 2020, 10:03:07 PM
Reply #2359

sam of the south

Ive been under the impression that if he moved centrally, wed be overrun. Im not so sure now. Obviously he doesnt do much defending, but he rarely loses the ball or misplaces a pass. Him being in the centre with someone out wide (Gordon) who helps the fullback out defensively would mean that Doucoure wouldnt have to cover the right flank as diligently and could focus his attentions centrally.

Obviously theres nothing wrong with what hes doing now and Im not pushing for it to change lol, but Gomes feels like a weak link to me.

Around what time did he move centrally?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 18, 2020, 10:05:26 PM
Reply #2360

mikey_blue

Around what time did he move centrally?

I thought it was when Iwobi come on. It could of been James just going rogue and being wherever the fuck he wanted to be though lol. Iwobi seemed to be picking the ball up on the RW.

The question still stands though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:06:46 PM by mikey_blue »

October 18, 2020, 10:08:22 PM
Reply #2361

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
James is the perfect example of why metrics like sprints or 'distance covered' mean absolutely fuck all. It's not how much you run around, it's what you do on the pitch. Pretty sure no one runs less than Messi.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 18, 2020, 11:02:22 PM
Reply #2362

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
James is the perfect example of why metrics like sprints or 'distance covered' mean absolutely fuck all. It's not how much you run around, it's what you do on the pitch. Pretty sure no one runs less than Messi.
I bet I do.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 18, 2020, 11:33:29 PM
Reply #2363

ajax_andy

Hold on... Stats mean fuck all? Has someone hacked your account?! 😂

October 18, 2020, 11:46:47 PM
Reply #2364

Dr. Sponge

I've been under the impression that if he moved centrally, we'd be overrun. I'm not so sure now. Obviously he doesn't do much defending, but he rarely loses the ball or misplaces a pass. Him being in the centre with someone out wide (Gordon) who helps the fullback out defensively would mean that Doucoure wouldn't have to cover the right flank as diligently and could focus his attentions centrally.

Obviously there's nothing wrong with what he's doing now and I'm not pushing for it to change lol, but Gomes feels like a weak link to me.
It's another string to our bow using that formation, we might see it more often if teams set up to double up on James on their left. The wingers would have to be disciplined though.

October 19, 2020, 04:01:01 AM
Reply #2365

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if this is true or just looking for clicks? Mind you, If I supported Madrid? I would probably be pissed off too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8852757/James-Rodriguezs-flying-start-life-Premier-League-upset-Real-Madrids-hierarchy.html#comments
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 19, 2020, 06:03:49 AM
Reply #2366

Old England Toffee

Dont know if this has been posted 50 magic James passes. Such variety and speed of thought/execution. All left peg though  :)

October 19, 2020, 04:15:15 PM
Reply #2367

Gary1878

The funny thing with James is that you know he is going to cut inside onto his left peg and send it flying over to Digne, but no one can stop it from happening. That really is the sign of a quality player when he can almost advertise what he is going to do, and then just do it. Almost has Bergkamp-esq ball control at times - although wasn't at his best in the derby.

October 21, 2020, 12:43:49 PM
Reply #2368

howard1334

Just was watching a video with his highlights to date for us.  I know this has been said so many times over the last month, but: My god, he is amazing. He's such a joy to watch.  His four minute highlight video for this season alone stands up to some *very good* players highlights for an entire season.  And to think I did not really care if we go him. 

October 21, 2020, 02:23:40 PM
Reply #2369

Bluenose 91

I think he was very good in the derby.

Was never going to be a game where we could get him on it all the time.

Pretty much every time he had the ball though he made something positive happen.