May 11, 2021, 02:52:58 PM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 207908 times)

September 08, 2020, 10:14:49 PM
Reply #30

Omar

You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 09, 2020, 03:17:53 AM
Reply #31

Omar

Nice praise on this footy pod. Everton season preview is at the 1:33 mark. Nice to hear some chaps say that the the midfield rebuild is going to work and be exciting.

https://total-soccer-show-usmnt-champions-league-epl-and-more.simplecast.com/episodes/premier-league-previews-and-predictions-arsenal-aston-villa-brighton-burnley-chelsea-crystal-palace-everton
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:19:33 AM by Omar »

September 09, 2020, 07:39:18 AM
Reply #32

Omar

The city is an absolute shell of what it was. I live in NoMad (which is normally a nice area). In the past two weeks I have seen someone smoking PCP and another doing heroin in broad daylight on Broadway close to where I live.

tbf, Broadway between 30th & 20th or so is an absolute shitehole. It has been forever. Hobo city.

I guess you fellows haven't visited San Francisco or LA Recently.

September 09, 2020, 07:42:37 AM
Reply #33

Omar

Believe me, I'm extremely familiar with the Tenderloin/Market St area, as well as Downtown L.A. Wouldn't go to either at night, and during the day maybe 50/50.

You should see what it's like in LA now, Venice in particular. 2+ million dollar homes with homeless encampments outside, all over the place. Largely a result of the income-inequality and scarcity of affordable housing, btw. I'll step down off my soapbox now.

October 04, 2020, 10:32:13 AM
Reply #34

Omar

Everyone saying he is slow. Does Anybody really know though? Has anyone actually seen him run?

Heard on a pod that his pace isnt whats important, because the quality of his first touch  is so fucking sublime its like 2 steps head-start.

October 07, 2020, 11:23:32 PM
Reply #35

Omar

This bastard should be banned from twitter.   >:( >:( >:( >:(

https://twitter.com/RichyNSNO/status/1313535307497734152

January 15, 2021, 10:37:27 AM
Reply #36

Omar

God willing...

Pickford/Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan Doucoure
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

Possible subs: GK, Coleman, Holgate, Nkounkou, Davies, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Gordon, Tosun, Simms

*drool*

That's a fucking side right there.

January 15, 2021, 09:13:18 PM
Reply #37

Omar

Looks like 4-2-3-1 is the best way to use James I guess but perhaps means Richarlison has more defensive duties.

Particularly if you wish to have Iwobi and James in the same lineup.

February 07, 2021, 07:48:36 AM
Reply #38

Omar

Whats the general feeling around James then?

Is he as good, important and influential to us so far as youd have thought when we signed him? Or do you believe hes a little bit of a luxury?

I think hes done pretty well. Interesting that hes on course to have one of his best goal scoring seasons in recent years if he carries on the way he has and likely 15 or so assists in all comps. Its clear sometimes hes still adapting to the prem but hes that good that even in those games he can produce a game changing moment of magic.

I think well see the best out of him next season and itll be an interesting summer to see what names we can get in with the draw of working under Carlo and alongside James, Richy and DCL. Especially if we manage to push for Europe in some form.

It's funny, I go back and forth over whether he's most effective on the wing or in the middle. Trying to fit him in with Wobs seems to force him to to the middle where I would have thought that he's most effective, but I really think he's better on the wing.

February 26, 2021, 09:46:11 PM
Reply #39

Omar

March 08, 2021, 09:56:07 PM
Reply #40

Omar

16 starts, 2 sub appearances out of 26 league games. So hes only missed 8 games, not bad really.

Include the FA Cup (2/3), 20/29 games hes played.

If you want to be a proper nerd, then minutes wise for Premier League:

1353/1620 (84%)

84% of minutes in games which he's played?

March 09, 2021, 10:04:25 AM
Reply #41

Omar

Thinks he's gone be gone  when next season starts... What u all think...

Not so sure about that. He loves Carlo, and whos going to swoop in considering his durability. I think the giants will take a pass. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:05:34 AM by Omar »

April 07, 2021, 05:31:10 AM
Reply #42

Omar

Be devastated when he leaves just as Sigurdsson signs his new contract.

:headbang: