May 11, 2021, 01:49:13 PM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 207816 times)

March 25, 2021, 03:45:31 AM
Reply #90

Bluedylan

No idea whether it's true or not, but that would be an incredible story.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 26, 2021, 02:50:30 PM
Reply #91

Bluedylan

I mean really ? You donít know whether itís true or not ?

I didn't when I first read about it, no. That was my immediate reaction, that I typed. I'm not on twitter or other social media, so I didn't know where it came from or whether it was reputable or not. That's why I prefaced what I said with 'no idea if it's true or not'. I thought 'well people are transgender in society, so statistically of course it will happen to a footballer at some stage'.

Is that reaction alright with you, Escla? Are there are other perfectly reasonable reactions that you'd like me to justify to you?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

April 07, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
Reply #92

Bluedylan

We should have gone for Buendia while he was recently relegated, even before we thought about signing James.

Obviously I still want James at the club and he is still levels above Buendia but Buendia is more robust, pacier, would offer more balance to the formation and is a long term asset

Now Buendia's being linked with £40-50m moves to Arsenal and a few other clubs, so it might not be too easy.

Speaking of which we also should've gone all out to get Eze. I know people have speculated that he wanted to stay in London, but we don't know that and money talks. We could've beat Palace to him surely?

April 23, 2021, 03:55:15 PM
Reply #93

Bluedylan

Them touches a ten a penny in our 7 aside. Run of the mill.

April 27, 2021, 05:39:50 AM
Reply #94

Bluedylan

What's actually wrong with him fitness-wise?  Is he just delicate?  Because it seems he can take a tackle.

I'm just making an educated guess, but my opinion is that he's very slight, he's been kicked A LOT in his career, then added to that the extra physical intensity of the Prem (that a lot of great players struggle with), and then a Covid season with games every 3/4 days most of the season, plus travel to play in games in South America is just an insane workload.

I've been pleasantly surprised that we've got 22 Prem games out of 31 out of him, tbh. If we can get 25-30 games a season out of him, it more than justifies the transfer, for the next level quality he brings.

May 10, 2021, 01:27:37 AM
Reply #95

Bluedylan

Pereira from West Brom to me would be a very reasonable, cheapish, low risk buy.

Not exactly loads of pace but creative left footed right winger who is still young and is on about 15 goals + assists in a team that's scored 35 or so all year.

With a pacy right back I think he'd be a great alternative or complement to James.

I dont think he'd be amazing but worth the cost certainly

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yeah I like him. Not pacy but has real quality on the ball, and makes better decisions than a few of our forward players.

May 10, 2021, 05:07:11 PM
Reply #96

Bluedylan

Spanish?

There's Colombian dialects of Spanish. I think he was referring to that ;)