May 11, 2021, 02:47:20 PM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 207895 times)

April 23, 2021, 06:07:18 AM
Reply #75

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Look at this touch

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1385273787852206080

I pulled off a touch like that once in 7 a side. I could be blagging, you'll never know, but I did yano.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 23, 2021, 03:51:14 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It wasn't so much the first touch that impressed me, as the fluidity of that first and second touch. With that first touch he still had work to do but that first and then second brought it out of the air, down to the ground, out of his feet and perfectly set for a pass/shot/whatever. So smooth.

Thanks mate, @GrantyBoy78 12 to go.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 27, 2021, 03:54:36 AM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sports witness (I know, I've not even read it myself) reckon securing a new deal is out number one job.

April 27, 2021, 04:13:09 AM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I want to watch him in the flesh.

I want us to be in a better place as a side to enjoy a player who magically adds like 4 shot creating actions a game whenever he plays.

I want to see what he can do with pace and power around and behind him.

I don't want to watch him age before our very eyes as he slogs around trying to get the ball off a bunch of meffs with no idea how to give it to him, barely able to run.

Could work out well, could be sad to see. As ever it's on the club to give him the best chance at succeeding by improving on pitch as much as possible.

April 27, 2021, 06:35:55 AM
Reply #79

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just making an educated guess, but my opinion is that he's very slight, he's been kicked A LOT in his career, then added to that the extra physical intensity of the Prem (that a lot of great players struggle with), and then a Covid season with games every 3/4 days most of the season, plus travel to play in games in South America is just an insane workload.

I've been pleasantly surprised that we've got 22 Prem games out of 31 out of him, tbh. If we can get 25-30 games a season out of him, it more than justifies the transfer, for the next level quality he brings.

100%

If he was capable of playing 2000+ mins of top level football he wouldn't be at Everton. We are taking a trade off and it feels worth it to me.

More concerned about Allan not being able to string games together and running like he's got gold bars in his socks.

May 08, 2021, 06:43:54 AM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just not worth worrying about until we see what happens this summer.

If they don't address creativity in the form of some kind of understudy, either in midfield or as part of a hybrid 10/wideman like Pereira or Buendia or Brooks or whatever, and we don't think Carlo is able to coach the players hes got into being more creative from open play (iwobi, Sig, Bernard) then we can become concerned then.

Same goes for if the plan is 40m on the player who used to be known as coutinho.

In general with James - weird deal, part of the upside of getting Carlo. It's a bit mad an unconventional, but he's just outside the strategy for building the side. We can't count on him to play another two games let alone years. However we do know when available and fit, he's a fantastic player with ability we as a club are miles away from acquiring through more conventional means.

Fun bonus. If it starts becoming The Strategy, we worry.

May 08, 2021, 07:07:54 AM
Reply #81

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I forgot about David Brooks.

He’d be an interesting player to consider if Bournemouth stay in the Championship.

I like him, but he's struggled this year I think.
Injury hangover maybe. Danjuma and Billing maybe closer to what we're after. Different roles of course.