May 11, 2021, 02:42:01 PM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 207895 times)

August 26, 2020, 05:32:12 AM
Read 207895 times

kramer0

The most exciting news of 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 26, 2020, 05:32:21 AM
Reply #1

kramer0

Double post.

November 22, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

Even when it doesn't come off, I appreciate the intent of his passing.

If he gets a sniff of an opportunity to put the opposition on the back foot, he's trying the pass.

I love that energy.

January 25, 2021, 11:03:37 PM
Reply #3

kramer0

If Moyes had got Mourinho and Benega then he'd have won the lot.

I donít know about the lot but we would have won something.

We were genuinely up there with the top sides in the league the few times Moyes had a true deep lying playmaker, like when he moved Arteta to the center in 2008-9 and when he first brought in Gibson.

It was always odd to me that he brought in Fellaini after Moutinho stalled but I guess it worked out when Yakubu got hurt and we needed two midfield target men. Banega is just a massive, frustrating what if.

Itís a shame the TV money didnít come a few years earlier. The lack of progress after 2008-09 colors the perception of Moyes more than it should. We couldnít afford the players we needed. The fact that he needed to coax a quality half-season out of Gibson (who was never staying fit for more than that) says everything.

February 15, 2021, 04:39:23 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

Waste of minutes on the pitch to start him with only one willing runner in front of him.

April 06, 2021, 11:17:10 PM
Reply #5

kramer0

This one guy is the difference between an Everton that creates good chances and an Everton that creates fuck all.

Incredible player, horrifying squad construction.

Edit: There's also an argument to be had that Carlo needs brilliant players like this to problem-solve in possession but I don't feel like having it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:22:54 PM by kramer0 »

April 07, 2021, 10:03:52 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

Now Buendia's being linked with £40-50m moves to Arsenal and a few other clubs, so it might not be too easy.

Speaking of which we also should've gone all out to get Eze. I know people have speculated that he wanted to stay in London, but we don't know that and money talks. We could've beat Palace to him surely?

Eze would have been terrific from a pure footballing POV.

As you say, who knows how much location might have factored into his decision.

May 08, 2021, 07:00:40 AM
Reply #7

kramer0

Just not worth worrying about until we see what happens this summer.

If they don't address creativity in the form of some kind of understudy, either in midfield or as part of a hybrid 10/wideman like Pereira or Buendia or Brooks or whatever, and we don't think Carlo is able to coach the players hes got into being more creative from open play (iwobi, Sig, Bernard) then we can become concerned then.

Same goes for if the plan is £40m on the player who used to be known as coutinho.

In general with James - weird deal, part of the upside of getting Carlo. It's a bit mad an unconventional, but he's just outside the strategy for building the side. We can't count on him to play another two games let alone years. However we do know when available and fit, he's a fantastic player with ability we as a club are miles away from acquiring through more conventional means.

Fun bonus. If it starts becoming The Strategy, we worry.

I forgot about David Brooks.

Heíd be an interesting player to consider if Bournemouth stay in the Championship.