October 26, 2021, 12:36:33 AM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 509992 times)

July 31, 2021, 06:49:19 PM
Reply #3915

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Well we didnít bring him in for his defensive work get runners in midfield and let him float around looking for the ball we should be building around him not shoving him out the door
The risk of building a team round a player is what happens when he leaves, gets injured or loses form?
It's a 'squad world' in this day and age.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire. And Stoke as well to be honest.

July 31, 2021, 07:46:16 PM
Reply #3916

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We are gonna be proper 0-0 Merchants this season I reckon

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 31, 2021, 08:12:28 PM
Reply #3917

Free Agent

We are gonna be proper 0-0 Merchants this season I reckon

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

38pts and hoping there are 3 teams shitter than us  :'(

July 31, 2021, 08:15:08 PM
Reply #3918

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well we didnít bring him in for his defensive work get runners in midfield and let him float around looking for the ball we should be building around him not shoving him out the door

No I know, but because he doesnít really defend you have to have specific plans for that.

When heís then not there, as he often wonít be, youíre then pretty much changing your whole approach which doesnít help gaining consistency

Not saying you canít or shouldnít accommodate him but have to acknowledge that he does affect the rest of the team

July 31, 2021, 08:18:48 PM
Reply #3919

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I don't even know if it's clever to keep him.

If you offered me a swap for Olise, Eze, Buendia, even Billy Gilmore who's a different type of player but v talented and we could do with a passer/tempo setter, I'd take it like.

No matter what happens this year, we absolutely will not be seeing James here the year after, so is it worth having a whole strategy built around an unbelievable talent who will be missing for a third of the games anyway, who then disappears at the end of the year?

Not going to achieve anything next year regardless, So is it a bit of a waste of time?

That said, he is fucking boss...so like ..maybe do keep him? I dunno.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:21:39 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2021, 08:20:26 PM
Reply #3920

Free Agent

Iíd keep him. But Iím not a manager nor a coach.

July 31, 2021, 08:41:41 PM
Reply #3921

Waltzer

If you offered me a swap for Olise, Eze, Buendia, even Billy Gilmore who's a different type of player but v talented and we could do with a passer/tempo setter, I'd take it like.

Well thank fuck it isn't up to you!

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 31, 2021, 08:43:17 PM
Reply #3922

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Well thank fuck it isn't up to you!

Not a bad a shout, I am absolutely shite at footy manger it must be said
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2021, 09:18:47 PM
Reply #3923

Thornton_19

Yeah I don't even know if it's clever to keep him.

No matter what happens this year, we absolutely will not be seeing James here the year after, so is it worth having a whole strategy built around an unbelievable talent who will be missing for a third of the games anyway, who then disappears at the end of the year?

Not going to achieve anything next year regardless, So is it a bit of a waste of time?

That said, he is fucking boss...so like ..maybe do keep him? I dunno.
I cant have that hes going to have played for us and will have never seen him play live.

For that reason i want him here.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 31, 2021, 10:02:34 PM
Reply #3924

Sixx1402

Sounds great but I've still not seen two of our midfielders function properly as a two, we need three bodies in the middle IMO
Nah not if the wingers are tracking back, maybe not Gray but he might not be first choice. Townsend yes or a McNeil? Rich deffo.

Allan or Doucoure with Gbamin as the sitters. Leave James upfront as almost a shadow striker with DCL, give the poor guy some support for a change instead of him being sat upfront on his tod.

That's 8 players coming back to defend, I mean how many do you need. And we'd have more than one option for the out ball, make a nice change.

July 31, 2021, 10:07:08 PM
Reply #3925

Bluedylan

If we sell him sound, if we keep him sound. Can see the arguments both ways.

I'd keep him on balance, because their should be a way to utilise him to make the difference in a fair amount of games and win some points, while acknowledging that he won't always play. Could buy the manager a year to build a more longterm plan.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 31, 2021, 10:38:03 PM
Reply #3926

dunkster

10 outfield players,  not all of them need to be headless chickens.  Absolutely no reason why a creative genius who doesn't sprint around like a maniac cannot be accommodated for.
And it's not as if he's surrounded by players who are workaholics. There's not exactly much go in siggy, gomes, Davis, delph, and yet he'd create more than those four with his right leg cut off
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:40:57 PM by dunkster »
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 31, 2021, 10:48:30 PM
Reply #3927

Macca77

Braps mate on twitter is saying hes off to AC Milan

James I mean, not brap

July 31, 2021, 11:04:17 PM
Reply #3928

Paddockoldie

Fucking hell, that's frankly ludicris imo comparing him to Bolasie in any way. Yes he is on a fair wage, but there's a reason, he's one of the best players in the world hence the fact he's played for some amazing clubs. He played a fair proportion of our games last year and I think Doucoure, who is used to the league, only played about 7 more.
I'm not sure why Ancelotti not wanting him has any relevance to us, unless you're comparing our squad to that of Real Madrid?

You totally missed the point with your hysterical reaction. Of course I'm not comparing him to Bolasie as a player, but he was on a high wage and because of that, we couldn't shift him, even after loaning him out in the hope we could. So, try reading and thinking a bit deeper eh? If another team would pay his wage he'd be off... they won't, so I'd say he's staying for the duration of his contract.

July 31, 2021, 11:06:29 PM
Reply #3929

Paddockoldie

Thatís an awful load of shite there comparing James to bolaise

See the reply to narky knickers...