December 04, 2021, 04:41:42 AM

Author Topic: James Rodriguez  (Read 521184 times)

September 01, 2021, 06:01:36 AM
Reply #4530

bornblue88

Why does have to put effort in for the World Cup? Itís in December, he can put in 4 months at his new club next summer. Delusional if people think heíll suddenly bust a gut for international aspirations

I donít know if you heard but South Americanís are a passionate bunch when it comes to their countries. Also, what you seem to be suggesting is that heíll go from hardly playing here to a top level side, walk straight into their 1st team, and impress the colombia coach enough to be selected all in the space of 3 months? (The World Cup starts on the 21st November fyi)

I appreciate its a long shot but I like to think positively

September 01, 2021, 06:05:44 AM
Reply #4531

Cereal Killer

I donít know if you heard but South Americanís are a passionate bunch when it comes to their countries. Also, what you seem to be suggesting is that heíll go from hardly playing here to a top level side, walk straight into their 1st team, and impress the colombia coach enough to be selected all in the space of 3 months? (The World Cup starts on the 21st November fyi)

Heíll flash his golden boot award at someone, on a free transfer, and heís got enough talent to turn it on for a couple of months to impress anyone, letís be honest

Iíd love him to play for us and pull the strings, but just wonít happen

September 01, 2021, 06:08:46 AM
Reply #4532

cantoffee

I don't know if you heard but South American's are a passionate bunch when it comes to their countries. Also, what you seem to be suggesting is that he'll go from hardly playing here to a top level side, walk straight into their 1st team, and impress the colombia coach enough to be selected all in the space of 3 months? (The World Cup starts on the 21st November fyi)

World Cup starts Nov 2022 my guy.

Qualifiers starting for most areas only now.

September 01, 2021, 06:57:50 AM
Reply #4533

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mission Get James Reintegrated As Soon As Possible So He Can At Least Play A Bit Part And Be Fit When Called On starts NOW.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 01, 2021, 01:29:12 PM
Reply #4534

ajax_andy

Doubt we'll see him start much, but will definitely see him off the bench against tired opponents if we're chasing a game.

Perfect 70 minute sub when a goal down.

September 01, 2021, 03:20:47 PM
Reply #4535

hannu

Rafa has played a blinder here, let's alienate easily the most gifted player we have and then fail to actually get him out of the club

September 01, 2021, 03:33:47 PM
Reply #4536

Mayor Farnum

Rafa has played a blinder here, let's alienate easily the most gifted player we have and then fail to actually get him out of the club
We won't know that until we see the effect it has on results.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

September 01, 2021, 05:06:57 PM
Reply #4537

Cods

Zero percent chance he plays a match below 10 degrees

Not sure that he wonít play in winter, if he fits Benitezí plans.

Less chance of him playing for Colombia I reckon.  And BogotŠís latitude is around 5 degrees!

September 01, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
Reply #4538

Juanito

I couldnít see him integrating into the side that played against Brighton for example but perhaps against Burnley or the newly promoted sides at home where we usually struggle to break them down.

September 01, 2021, 08:33:29 PM
Reply #4539

cantoffee

If he had any aspirations of playing in one last world cup he'll need to work hard and perform.

Maybe his role will be more as a sub against tired legs for the last 30 minutes or so. Whatever it is we should find a way to use him, when he played he contributed plenty last year.

Excited to see him with a packed Goodison as well, think it will be fun.

September 01, 2021, 09:01:49 PM
Reply #4540

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Can I remind people that you are talking about professionals who do not make decisions on their futures, or the futures of their respective clubs, on the basis of petty squabbles or simple likes or dislikes. It is a business decision within a multi million pound company.
At EVERY football club there are players who do not feature in a managers long term strategy for a variety of reasons including age, financial cost, style of play, how good they are and so on and so on.
With a change of manager comes a change of direction and professional footballers know that, it comes with the job and sometimes it works for you and sometimes it's time to move on. It's accepted practice by all involved in football.
In such a professional environment Rafa will use James in the best interests of the team and James will want to play to the best of his ability to show how good he is to keep future aspirations alive.
That's football and the exceptions to that way of functioning are few and far between.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire. And Stoke as well to be honest.

September 01, 2021, 09:03:54 PM
Reply #4541

Macca77

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:04:57 PM by Macca77 »

September 01, 2021, 11:36:43 PM
Reply #4542

Toffee_4_Life

September 01, 2021, 11:40:43 PM
Reply #4543

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Sure he was on the last training video before the Brighton game - I think the line had changed to he wasnít in contention because heíd been isolating etc

September 01, 2021, 11:54:50 PM
Reply #4544

velimski

Just want him to knuckle down/not behave like a tit, stay reasonably fit, contribute with worldy assists and goals when called upon. And then fuck off next summer.