October 30, 2020, 01:27:34 AM

Author Topic: South American Connection  (Read 2804 times)

September 07, 2020, 12:00:58 AM
Reply #15

Macca77

Not the first time some of Columbia's finest will be seen on Merseyside, am I right lads....

September 07, 2020, 12:03:30 AM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is it right that James has 46 million twitter followers?

Surely we need to be all over some commercial opportunities in Colombia and Brazil?

Instagram, but yeah.

September 07, 2020, 12:04:13 AM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

I think one thing we need to be aware of is that South America is a large continent with diverse countries, and Chileans might not be all that arsed about us having Colombians and Brazilians playing for us.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 07, 2020, 12:37:04 AM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

Yep, visiting the Ruleteros is deffo on my bucket list. Have you seen aerial views of where there stadium is?

Absolutely fucking beautiful!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 07, 2020, 12:38:14 AM
Reply #19

Nicco

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:44:07 AM by Nicco »
Jönköpings Södra IF

September 07, 2020, 12:47:37 AM
Reply #20

sam of the south

I just play one on TV, I'm actually a white American with the curse of the Irish.

Wow, that’s impressive, if a tad unethical  :wag:
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 07, 2020, 12:49:44 AM
Reply #21

Fynci

I think one thing we need to be aware of is that South America is a large continent with diverse countries, and Chileans might not be all that arsed about us having Colombians and Brazilians playing for us.

Sign Vidal quick!

September 07, 2020, 01:09:30 AM
Reply #22

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
This thread highlights the commercial nous which we need to work on, with EFC fan services confirming there are currently no plans to sell Everton kits at retail in South America. Imagine the business we could do with a local partner as an outlet for James, Richarlison, and Allan shirts. Might even sell a couple of Bernard's.
https://twitter.com/EvertonFC_BRA/status/1300434783269457923
https://twitter.com/efc_fanservices/status/1301790934686928896

Like, 2 Bernards players? 'Cause that would free up a lot in wages.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 07, 2020, 01:10:51 AM
Reply #23

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Is it right that James has 46 million twitter followers?

Surely we need to be all over some commercial opportunities in Colombia and Brazil?

I believe top 5 most followed athletes in the world, if you can believe that.

September 07, 2020, 01:23:56 AM
Reply #24

Old England Toffee

People in south american countries definitely support other south american countries much more than us. Like we would support colombia or chile or Ghana if they were playing france or germany, but in south america they feel like one big country, a lot of people would even support their rival countries over supporting a european team for example. And on a player level they also relate to other latino players, so James is a massive star throughout, and brazilian stars also despite being the language barrier between spanish and portuguese neymar and co are hugely popular, Richarlison isn't that well known yet but if he has a big copa america or scores some good goals in WC qualifying his stock will rise quickly. In terms of kit its the same as asia, copies are really easily available, and with the difference in average wage not many are gonna buy official kits in south america, even rich people are used to buying counterfeit/pirated stuff.

September 07, 2020, 01:42:35 AM
Reply #25

cantoffee

Number 5 if you dont count Beckham and Ronaldinho.

Pretty wild but definitely one of the most well known South Americans in sport. Should be a golden marketing opportunity so Im sure we'll cock it up.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 07, 2020, 02:10:12 AM
Reply #26

mikey_blue

I think we'd be missing the boat if we didn't try an establish ourselves on a ground level. Pre season tour, parade some of the players, go do some good that they do with EiTC. You know players like Richy would be all over this sort of stuff. Create a younger generation of fans thousands of miles away from Liverpool. Can only be a good thing.

September 07, 2020, 02:14:25 AM
Reply #27

sam of the south

Marketing is completely alien to us.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 07, 2020, 02:15:45 AM
Reply #28

Omar

Look at him, of course I can believe it.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 07, 2020, 02:18:27 AM
Reply #29

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Number 5 if you dont count Beckham and Ronaldinho.

Pretty wild but definitely one of the most well known South Americans in sport. Should be a golden marketing opportunity so Im sure we'll cock it up.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yes, should have clarified active. Who are the other 4? Are any of them not football stars?