November 01, 2020, 05:01:13 AM

Author Topic: South American Connection  (Read 2843 times)

September 07, 2020, 04:27:35 AM
Reply #45

Trublue

Lets be honest we should just buy Everton Chile and try and dominate the South American market from there.

That's not a bad idea. A good way to find gems, we'd need a European club though too

September 07, 2020, 05:09:27 AM
Reply #46

GrantyBoy78

It still irks me that we never properly took advantage of our US links. Mad bank to be made over there, and we missed the boat. Also, I spent months in Thailand whilst we had Chang as a sponsor, and never saw any sort of presence over there.

Obviously, we have others at the helm now, so hopefully they’re a bit more progressive then the previous board. Although, not sure what contacts or proven record of developing an international brand, the CEO of a charity would have.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 07, 2020, 05:28:11 AM
Reply #47

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It still irks me that we never properly took advantage of our US links. Mad bank to be made over there, and we missed the boat. Also, I spent months in Thailand whilst we had Chang as a sponsor, and never saw any sort of presence over there.

Obviously, we have others at the helm now, so hopefully they’re a bit more progressive then the previous board. Although, not sure what contacts or proven record of developing an international brand, the CEO of a charity would have.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I can't even imagine what a smart revenue stream from the U.S. and SE Asia combined could mean. SE Asia in particular is a footy-mad region. And the Prem's popularity has been skyrocketing over here as you probably already know.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 07, 2020, 11:10:07 AM
Reply #48

Jamokachi

I don't really think we can expect much without being successful. All this talk of "failing to capitalise" is a bit of a stretch when we're finishing no higher than 4th (on one occasion) and haven't won anything since 1995.

September 07, 2020, 12:52:34 PM
Reply #49

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really think we can expect much without being successful. All this talk of "failing to capitalise" is a bit of a stretch when we're finishing no higher than 4th (on one occasion) and haven't won anything since 1995.

And a couple of other footy clubs like Man Utd would have to disappear overnight for the type of growth I’m reading about in this thread.

September 07, 2020, 01:47:16 PM
Reply #50

mikey_blue

And a couple of other footy clubs like Man Utd would have to disappear overnight for the type of growth I'm reading about in this thread.

They're not mutually exclusive. Of course a brand will grow a long with success, which you hope is what we're aiming for, but being able to garner support and attention from things like outreach can happen. I'm not suggesting we'll usurp the likes of Man U and Barca lol, maybe just make our presence known in regions where people don't even know we exist. Build a foundation.

September 07, 2020, 08:12:18 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

They're not mutually exclusive. Of course a brand will grow a long with success, which you hope is what we're aiming for, but being able to garner support and attention from things like outreach can happen. I'm not suggesting we'll usurp the likes of Man U and Barca lol, maybe just make our presence known in regions where people don't even know we exist. Build a foundation.

Right. Otherwise what's the point? United is never going away, unfortunately lol. But we can still aspire to grow our brand and build a better global brand.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 07, 2020, 08:21:52 PM
Reply #52

Toddacelli

I fucked up.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (200 million)

2. Lionel Messi (142 million)

3. Neymar (132 million)

4. David Beckham (60.5 million)

5. LeBron James (58 million)

6. Ronaldinho (51 million)

7. James Rodriguez (44.9 million)

8. Marcelo (43.6 million)

9. Gareth Bale (42.9 million)

10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (41.4 million)

And how the fuck has that boring bastard Bale got 42 million followers? There's only 3 million people in wales!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 08, 2020, 02:13:13 AM
Reply #53

mikey_blue

https://twitter.com/alanmyersmedia/status/1303045384978210822

The brass have obviously seen my thread. I'm surely going to be contacted in regards to starting up the Mikey_Blue chain of academy's all over South America.

October 09, 2020, 11:41:38 PM
Reply #54

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 11:46:43 PM by Toffee1 »

October 10, 2020, 12:01:30 AM
Reply #55

Thornton_19

Be boss if when we are winning the Champions League, Everton vina de mar are smashing up the Copa Libertadores.

October 10, 2020, 12:07:23 AM
Reply #56

howard1334

When I was in Chile two summers ago, I dragged my friends that were traveling with me to an Everton de Vina Del Mar game.  They won 2-1, if I recall correctly.  Grabbed myself a jersey (way too small).  Fun time.

October 10, 2020, 05:43:40 AM
Reply #57

Toddacelli

Contract Dave there with an away trip! Go-ed lad! 😁

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 10, 2020, 10:13:33 AM
Reply #58

Outworlder47

This partnership is pretty big. Bigger than just the partnership with Everton de Viña del Mar. Grupo Pachuca has some pretty substantial clubs:
The namesake, Pachuca, was a founding member of Liga MX (pronounced Em-ECKees) and is the oldest professional club in the country. They've been very successful through their history.
Club León, also in Liga MX, has been a top side for the past few years at least. The Liga MX season is split into two halves with a champion crowned for each half; León were champions for the first half (Apertura) of the 2020-21 season.
Tlaxcala are their third Mexican club, currently playing in the second division. They shuffled this around after the league ended promotion/relegation (at least temporarily.)
They also own Talleres de Córdoba, playing in the Argentine first division. They turned in back-to-back promotions after Grupo Pachuca bought them.

The Mexican, Argentinian, and Chilean opportunities here are great!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:40:24 AM by Outworlder47 »

October 10, 2020, 11:59:24 AM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

I wonder if we'll actively look to sign more prominent South American players (as long as they fit in with the team and the manager's vision) to foster this growing relationship in multiple South American countries now.

It's highly promising though, and the kind of forward thinking business growth and the dreaded word, brand growth, that people much more knowledgeable than me have been calling for at the club, for quite a while.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.