November 23, 2020, 10:06:59 PM

Author Topic: South American Connection  (Read 3105 times)

September 06, 2020, 11:05:05 PM
Read 3105 times

mikey_blue

With our team having a few south Americans in the side, our DoF having a proclivity to look into the South American market and another Everton in Chile. Should we be looking at setting up some roots out there? pre seasons, feeder clubs, academy, charity etc?

September 06, 2020, 11:08:51 PM
Reply #1

arteta4spain

Oi you nicked my phrase from the James thread!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 06, 2020, 11:12:48 PM
Reply #2

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
With our team having a few south Americans in the side, our DoF having a proclivity to look into the South American market and another Everton in Chile. Should we be looking at setting up some roots out there? pre seasons, feeder clubs, academy, charity etc?

I believe we have permanent scouts there, but an even more official capacity would seem to make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

A constant pipeline of talent from S.America would not in the least bit be a bad thing. Except for your stupid work permit laws.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 06, 2020, 11:14:54 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

I’ll lay down some roots and a pipeline over there, sure..
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 06, 2020, 11:17:08 PM
Reply #4

Robioto

September 06, 2020, 11:19:36 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

September 06, 2020, 11:26:44 PM
Reply #6

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 06, 2020, 11:30:12 PM
Reply #7

Omar

I’ll lay down some roots and a pipeline over there, sure..

I'd like to lay down some pipe in south america, have you seen their birds?
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 06, 2020, 11:35:07 PM
Reply #8

sam of the south

Yes, that’s what I meant, Omar... hang on, aren’t you meant to be a gay gangsta? 🧐
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 06, 2020, 11:35:55 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but have you been watching 90 Day Fiancé? They’re all batshit crazy.

But then, so are the Americans on it too.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

September 06, 2020, 11:39:33 PM
Reply #10

Thornton_19

Lets be honest we should just buy Everton Chile and try and dominate the South American market from there.

September 06, 2020, 11:40:29 PM
Reply #11

Omar

Yes, that’s what I meant, Omar... hang on, aren’t you meant to be a gay gangsta? 🧐

I just play one on TV, I'm actually a white American with the curse of the Irish.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 06, 2020, 11:54:45 PM
Reply #12

Trowel

This thread highlights the commercial nous which we need to work on, with EFC fan services confirming there are currently no plans to sell Everton kits at retail in South America. Imagine the business we could do with a local partner as an outlet for James, Richarlison, and Allan shirts. Might even sell a couple of Bernard's.
https://twitter.com/EvertonFC_BRA/status/1300434783269457923
https://twitter.com/efc_fanservices/status/1301790934686928896
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 06, 2020, 11:55:12 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My mates Mrs is Colombian.

Her uncle came over the other month and wasn't arsed about seeing anfield, he wanted to see Goodison and get a shirt with Yerry on the back
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2020, 11:59:12 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Is it right that James has 46 million twitter followers?

Surely we need to be all over some commercial opportunities in Colombia and Brazil?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.