November 01, 2020, 04:55:55 AM

Author Topic: Premier league Fantasy Football  (Read 3461 times)

September 17, 2020, 10:17:40 PM
Reply #60

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, what usually happens is a Liverpool or Manchester City will have a double gameweek towards the end of the season due to a fixture pile up and that's when people tend to use their wildcard and free hits.

I've took an 8 point hit on making a few changes already. Just got the feeling Mitrovic and Bergwjin were going to disappoint so took the hit to get Richy and Greenwood in.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 17, 2020, 10:19:14 PM
Reply #61

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Never mind, I figured it out. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I swapped out a 6 value guy for another 6m guy.

edit:
Yeah, what usually happens is a Liverpool or Manchester City will have a double gameweek towards the end of the season due to a fixture pile up and that's when people tend to use their wildcard and free hits.

I've took an 8 point hit on making a few changes already. Just got the feeling Mitrovic and Bergwjin were going to disappoint so took the hit to get Richy and Greenwood in.

What do you mean by "took an 8 pt hit?"
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 17, 2020, 10:27:56 PM
Reply #62

Robioto

Wow, very helpful, thank you Robotman! Ok final question...since I have nothing left of my 100m, does that mean I can't make any transfers (or are there free ones)?

It just means the player you bring in will need to be the same or lower value than the player you transfer out.

It's also worth mentioning that player values change over time due to demand and value (nobody really knows the algorithm). so be careful of this. It's really annoying when a players value decreases from 5m to 4.9 for example as you can no longer easily swap him for a 5m player.

Player values that increase can get you too. For example if James Rodriguez (who has a base price of 7.5m) scores a hattrick against West Brom his value will likely increase to 7.6m that will be reflected when you try to buy him, but not when you sell him, when you sell you only benefit from 50% of any increased prices, but you will be punished for 100% of the decreases in value. Makes it trickier as the season goes on, but the best fantasy league managers will play the system and raise the value of their players (I'm not very good at this, it take alot of time to work it all out) then you have more funds to buy better player later in the season.

the above paragraph, might be a bit confusing...

So to go further if James Rodriguez's value went up to 7.7m then that is what he would cost that if you bought him, but if you sold him you only get 50% of the increase in value, so in this case he would be worth 7.6m if you sold him.

Actually I've just had a quick look and Calvert-Lewin has had his price increased to 7.1m, however I can only sell him for 7m. If his value goes up to 7.2m, I'd be able to sell him for 7.1m. Bare in mind these changes are slow and will be 0.1m either way every couple of weeks, most players end the season within 0.5M of their initial value either way.

What have I just typed... Lol. It's supposed to be just a bit of fun! But yeah, it gets deep. Especially when you and 5 mates put 20 in each for a 120 jackpot!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:28:58 PM by Robioto »

September 17, 2020, 10:30:19 PM
Reply #63

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It just means the player you bring in will need to be the same or lower value than the player you transfer out.

It's also worth mentioning that player values change over time due to demand and value (nobody really knows the algorithm). so be careful of this. It's really annoying when a players value decreases from 5m to 4.9 for example as you can no longer easily swap him for a 5m player.

Player values that increase can get you too. For example if James Rodriguez (who has a base price of 7.5m) scores a hattrick against West Brom his value will likely increase to 7.6m that will be reflected when you try to buy him, but not when you sell him, when you sell you only benefit from 50% of any increased prices, but you will be punished for 100% of the decreases in value. Makes it trickier as the season goes on, but the best fantasy league managers will play the system and raise the value of their players (I'm not very good at this, it take alot of time to work it all out) then you have more funds to buy better player later in the season.

the above paragraph, might be a bit confusing...

So to go further if James Rodriguez's value went up to 7.7m then that is what he would cost that if you bought him, but if you sold him you only get 50% of the increase in value, so in this case he would be worth 7.6m if you sold him.

Actually I've just had a quick look and Calvert-Lewin has had his price increased to 7.1m, however I can only sell him for 7m. If his value goes up to 7.2m, I'd be able to sell him for 7.1m. Bare in mind these changes are slow and will be 0.1m either way every couple of weeks, most players end the season within 0.5M of their initial value either way.

What have I just typed... Lol. It's supposed to be just a bit of fun! But yeah, it gets deep. Especially when you and 5 mates put 20 in each for a 120 jackpot!

No you've been very helpful, I followed along and will promptly forget it all within 7 days.

I swapped a 6m for 6m guy so it would seem I at least got that right.

September 17, 2020, 10:30:37 PM
Reply #64

Robioto

Last tip with player values. If you think a player value is going to go up and you want the player, get them in quick. The prices do not update until the gameweek is finsihed. For example I thought about replacing Son with Willian as I thought his value would go up... and it has, Willian is now worth 8.1m.

September 17, 2020, 10:36:54 PM
Reply #65

velimski

Could've just read the rules @YankeeBlue214 and saved @Robioto typing them out for you 😉

September 17, 2020, 10:37:33 PM
Reply #66

Robioto

Could've just read the rules @YankeeBlue214 and saved @Robioto typing them out for you 😉

Haha, yeah, tis true :)

September 17, 2020, 10:43:58 PM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Never mind, I figured it out. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I swapped out a 6 value guy for another 6m guy.

edit:
What do you mean by "took an 8 pt hit?"

I made three transfers, one free transfer, two extra ones at a cost of four points per transfer.

Realised my defence was absolutely stacked, so took Laporte out for Mitchell at Palace to free up some money and upgraded Mitrovic to Richy and Greenwood for Bergwjin.

Feel like this year more than ever is the year to stack the midfield and I'm happy I've found room for Aubameyang, Salah, and Greenwood.

September 17, 2020, 10:45:41 PM
Reply #68

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Shut up you.

I made three transfers, one free transfer, two extra ones at a cost of four points per transfer.

Realised my defence was absolutely stacked, so took Laporte out for Mitchell at Palace to free up some money and upgraded Mitrovic to Richy and Greenwood for Bergwjin.

Feel like this year more than ever is the year to stack the midfield and I'm happy I've found room for Aubameyang, Salah, and Greenwood.

Ahh, thanks. Makes perfect sense. 'kinell now I need to go strategize to beat you fuckers.

September 17, 2020, 10:47:50 PM
Reply #69

velimski

Aubameyang is an absolute must now he's a midfielder.

September 17, 2020, 10:58:04 PM
Reply #70

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Aubameyang is an absolute must now he's a midfielder.

yeah but he's 12m and I don't have 12m to transfer for him so apparently I cannot.

I tried to transfer a 5.5m out and I can't bring a 12m in. I know, I'm thickheaded and dumb.

September 17, 2020, 11:10:29 PM
Reply #71

velimski

yeah but he's 12m and I don't have 12m to transfer for him so apparently I cannot.

I tried to transfer a 5.5m out and I can't bring a 12m in. I know, I'm thickheaded and dumb.

Yes, obviously having him in from the start and working around him would have been the way to go. Anyway, there's no exact science to it.

September 19, 2020, 01:33:16 PM
Reply #72

mikey_blue

Got to figure out a way how to get KDB or Sterling into my team after this game week. I'll have to say goodbye to Auba or Salah.

September 19, 2020, 10:46:17 PM
Reply #73

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Ooopsie on the Mitrovic. Though I'm sure Richy got you some nice points today.

Good week for me to have Mitrovic & DCL in!

September 20, 2020, 09:13:20 PM
Reply #74

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
@YankeeBlue214

Good week for you there fella.