December 03, 2020, 01:29:44 AM

Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 8277 times)

November 02, 2020, 11:10:25 PM
Reply #225

indiantoffee1975

Europa league qualification. Think we'll get 7th.

Spurs have strength in depth all over. I expect them to run the RS close with Man City and Arsenal making up top 4.

We've plugged the gaping hole in midfield but next season its imperative we start bringing in some pace on the flanks along with a quality forward.

November 02, 2020, 11:11:44 PM
Reply #226

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Put it this way, we're more likely to finish 9th than 4th.

We've basically got to put all real expectations on hold for at least another season, if not two, while we build the squad up gradually (although James and Allan will both be 31 by two seasons time, so arguably that will also need rebuilding)

Deep down, we're last season's squad with a couple of new bells and whistles. Annoyed at myself for allowing myself to dream and for having a spring in my step for a few weeks.

4th, for sure. That was almost as unrealistic as us being relegated.

But I'd say we're still a good bet to finish 6th/7th instead of 9th or worse. It's never as good as it seems; it's never as bad as it seems. We've run into a perfect storm of injuries and stupid suspensions.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 02, 2020, 11:11:53 PM
Reply #227

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Two loses and this is what happens....

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 02, 2020, 11:30:06 PM
Reply #228

Bluedylan

4th, for sure. That was almost as unrealistic as us being relegated.

But I'd say we're still a good bet to finish 6th/7th instead of 9th or worse. It's never as good as it seems; it's never as bad as it seems. We've run into a perfect storm of injuries and stupid suspensions.

Yeah, I'm quite sure I'm having a hissyfit.

Think it was the manner of the defeats and the last seasonness of it all that really got to me. Also, losing to Newcastle and Steve Bruce. Absolute dross.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2020, 11:32:16 PM
Reply #229

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I'm quite sure I'm having a hissyfit.

Think it was the manner of the defeats and the last seasonness of it all that really got to me. Also, losing to Newcastle and Steve Bruce. Absolute dross.

Part & parcel of being an Evertonian, innit? :cheers:

November 02, 2020, 11:36:59 PM
Reply #230

Bluedylan

Part & parcel of being an Evertonian, innit? :cheers:

Bit disappointed in Ancelotti, on this occasion, more than Everton.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2020, 11:37:56 PM
Reply #231

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Bit disappointed in Ancelotti, on this occasion, more than Everton.

You already know why I disagree, but I'm past it. We're going to crush United. ;D

November 02, 2020, 11:46:02 PM
Reply #232

Cozzie

Still maintaining my positivity.

Still reckon our first 11 is sound but the reason why we wont finish top four is our second string is the absolute  vilest of Vile shite.

The reason why the top 4/6 regurlaly finish where they do is having a decent enough bench to cope.

This is what needs sorting in the next 2 Windows.

If we get lucky with injuries and suspensions then 6th for me at best. If not then likely 7th-9th.

It would still be improvement and hoepfully we nick one of the 2 cups.

November 09, 2020, 06:30:42 PM
Reply #233

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I had started to daydream about top 4 I admit. I just thought we looked like we had midfield sorted and had added an elite chance creator in James.

Reality is were a way off aren't we.

The disappointing lack of pressing remains from the 442, even if we are now cramming another cm onto a three who doesn't seem to have a specific job regardless of who plays there other than leave Allan gaps to fill.

We've struggled when missing players but v United that was one player odd what most would say is our strongest 11.

We need more depth, we need more quality. We need to see a bit from Carlo really in terms of implementing a style on the team. This talk of we have no style we simply change... It's bullshit, we do have a style it's just not very good and relies on individual performances at the moment.

Expectation for me is I think probably 7th/8th now. I want to see progress still, but it's hard to feel to enthusiastic when you see the idea of a project being abandoned for instant success, and success ceiling for us looking like 7th.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2020, 06:40:10 PM
Reply #234

Shogun

Administrator
It's difficult to predict because the league looks a lot more evened out so far this season compared to previous seasons. Right now I think Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea will definitely finish above us.

It's easy to add Leicester or Southampton to that as well but they could easily lose their next two matches (whoever they're playing) and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Wolves are shite. Don't know what to make of United or Arsenal.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 09, 2020, 07:50:08 PM
Reply #235

formerKHL

I think Carlo shouldn't have rushed Holgate back into the back four against the likes of Manu....can understand because of pace etc...but the lad had been out too long to be shoehorned into that position and it showed dramatically IMO....

said it on saturday if he wanted Holgate in so bad.....i would of been tempted to play him in front of Mina and Keane with Allen and Doucoure in front of him.... Coleman and Digne joining into midfield when pressing and pushing forward...with Bernard and James out wide and DCL down the centre....James joining in alongside him when we attack and Bernard tightening into the centre...visa versa with James down the other flank when we attack from the other side....