October 30, 2020, 01:58:06 AM

Author Topic: Yerry Mina  (Read 8642 times)

October 07, 2020, 11:23:15 PM
Reply #120

Macca77

He's an absolute nutcase, but he's our nutcase, love him

October 08, 2020, 12:02:57 AM
Reply #121

Cozzie

Love Yerry but think we over hyping him. Not in VVD class to be honest.

You are right. He's above it.

October 08, 2020, 12:48:30 AM
Reply #122

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
I would take Mina with me if I was to go to war!
I would t go to war with him.
He’s too nice, certainly too nice to shoot at - so they’d definitely have to shoot me instead.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

October 17, 2020, 09:17:24 PM
Reply #123

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Arguably the worst Blue on the pitch today. Too bad as he was one of the best in our last match pre-break.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 17, 2020, 09:19:35 PM
Reply #124

Jamokachi

Arguably the worst Blue on the pitch today. Too bad as he was one of the best in our last match pre-break.

Naaaahhhh, wasn't that bad.

October 17, 2020, 09:21:17 PM
Reply #125

KoemansNumberTens

Played fine apart from that daft flick. You just can’t do that.

October 17, 2020, 09:21:48 PM
Reply #126

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Naaaahhhh, wasn't that bad.

He was bad, it's ok to say it. His passing was terrible for a CB, and a direct contribution to a Liverpool goal.

Doesn't mean I don't rate him, just being honest is all.

October 17, 2020, 09:24:37 PM
Reply #127

Jamokachi

He was bad, it's ok to say it. His passing was terrible for a CB, and a direct contribution to a Liverpool goal.

Doesn't mean I don't rate him, just being honest is all.

Oh I don't think he was great or anything, just don't think he was the worst player in blue. Weirdly I think most players had periods in the game where you could make that accusation.

It was a disjointed display from tired looking players. Almost as if some of them had flown twice around the world in the last few days.

October 17, 2020, 09:26:39 PM
Reply #128

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Oh I don't think he was great or anything, just don't think he was the worst player in blue. Weirdly I think most players had periods in the game where you could make that accusation.

It was a disjointed display from tired looking players. Almost as if some of them had flown twice around the world in the last few days.

No doubt, no doubt.

But when you make an error that leads to a goal, you get penalized for it. That's all. He was good in the air as always though.

October 17, 2020, 09:28:40 PM
Reply #129

Jamokachi

No doubt, no doubt.

But when you make an error that leads to a goal, you get penalized for it. That's all. He was good in the air as always though.

Most players wouldn't be capable of punishing him in such fashion. Unlucky it fell to Salah really (well actually Salah's positioning is fantastic because he's pre-empting it).

October 17, 2020, 11:32:19 PM
Reply #130

cantoffee

Nah awful decision on the cross. Can't be flicking that with the outside of your boot. Got to put it back where it came from in that case.

Otherwise he seemed fine to me.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 19, 2020, 09:35:35 PM
Reply #131

Evertonian in NC

I would throw Godfrey straight in the XI ahead of Mina, though I know it's me overreacting to a small sample size.

But really, Mina/Keane is just not an ideal pairing.  Each needs a Holgate/Godfrey type to function at their best.  I think.

Anyway, just nice to have options.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

October 19, 2020, 09:45:25 PM
Reply #132

Heisenberg

Thought him and Keane was actually a good partnership yesterday overall, as have they been for a while now. Calls for him to be dropped are proper knee jerk. Holgate doesn’t even get back in the team at the minute for me never mind Godfrey

October 19, 2020, 09:46:57 PM
Reply #133

Evertonian in NC

I understand calling the Godfrey shout knee-jerk (I even pre-admitted as such).

But Holgate strolls back into the XI.  He's far and away our best centre-half.

October 19, 2020, 09:49:26 PM
Reply #134

Evertonian in NC

Happy thoughts - Everton in Europe next season, with proper depth.  Holgate/Keane our 1st pairing, Godfrey/Mina 2nd, with Braithwaite providing cover and coming in off the bench.