November 29, 2020, 04:19:35 AM

Author Topic: Yerry Mina  (Read 10396 times)

November 09, 2020, 05:39:35 PM
Reply #195

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Has been at the scene of the crime for one or two this year but I think similar to fellaini his frame and style makes him stand out, maybe doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Dribbled past only once.

90+% pass completion

70+% headed duals, bettered only by Boly, Bednarek and Tarkowski three absolutely monsters.

Our most interceptions up to game week 6 I think?

Very rarely loses out in a tackle.

Massive threat in the opposition box.

I know Michael Keane has had a good start to the season, but I do think he gets away with a bit at the back Keane. Probably better long balls than Mina to be fair.

I personally think he's our best pure defender, and pairing him and Holgate when fit would allow us to push the line up a little further and squeeze the pitch, which is a more natural fit to the 433 or 4231. Less space for Allan and Doucoure to cover, will need the full backs to be switched on but they are capable.

I'd the rumours are true that we are looking at Davidson Sanchez then he could partner with Mina at the back and replicate their extremely good international partnership, an aggressive high line that wins everything in the air and has pace in the space behind.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2020, 12:51:19 AM
Reply #196

Paddockoldie

He's never convinced me. Too easy to drag out of position and clumsy in the tackle. Considering his aerial threat we haven't seen many goals. Degsy was all he isn't.  As for passing accuracy... not hard when the vast majority are to Pickford or Keane.

November 10, 2020, 12:58:36 AM
Reply #197

Mayor Farnum

Don't think we've got our moneys worth. Too prone to a howler and for one so tall isn't dominant enough in either box.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 10, 2020, 01:16:28 AM
Reply #198

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think he is a threat that allows others to get on the end of things. Like Richarlison, DCL and occasionally Keane. They more danger you have the better.

Personally donít think we should break up Keane and Mina at present.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 10, 2020, 01:37:48 AM
Reply #199

Old England Toffee

Think he is a threat that allows others to get on the end of things. Like Richarlison, DCL and occasionally Keane. They more danger you have the better.

Personally donít think we should break up Keane and Mina at present.
I agree was a bit of 'if it aint broke...'. We will see later, but do you think its a case of Carletto picking the CBs based on opponents, if Cavani was likely to start for example maybe he would have played Mina? If he wants more pace/passing ability goes with Holgate, if he wants comedy Tom and Yerry at the back

November 10, 2020, 01:41:10 AM
Reply #200

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Keane and Mina are similar, but Mina is the better defender. Both are much better than Holgate at pure defending. Holgate can step out with the ball and pass into feet. Keane the better long passer. No comment on Godfrey as we've not seen him but he looks similar to Holgate but not as good at defending and physically better.

We're playing our defensive line much too deep leaving acres for Allan and Doucoure to try and cover.

Partner Mina and Holgate, push the defensive line up 5-10 yards and make the whole team a more compact block.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2020, 02:57:01 AM
Reply #201

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Holgates passing is extraordinary for a centre half. Do think he can become a class defender but youíre still having to take the rough with the smooth at the moment with him.

Iím not sure Keane is playing that well this season. Bad habits creeping back into his game.

Mina has played well but heís made too many errors leading to goals so I can see why heís been dropped but i still rate him as our best centre half.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown