November 01, 2020, 04:40:09 AM

Author Topic: Yerry Mina  (Read 8680 times)

September 23, 2020, 11:35:43 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really don't get all the fuss about Yerry we need better defenders we all can see that and for me he would be the one to ship out I can only see him getting slower every season . I hope he has a good year and we can get a few quid for him but we are never going to get were we want to be with him

Our quickest CB
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2020, 11:43:04 PM
Reply #61

Shogun

Administrator
Our quickest CB

Mina is quicker than Holgate?
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 23, 2020, 11:49:12 PM
Reply #62

Gary1878

Keane and Holgate are our best pairing for me at the moment. They have both really improved over the past year or so, and have cut out mistakes in their game.

Mina is yet to do that, as he hasn't really had a solid run in the team and so has very little form. No doubt that Mina has everything needed to become an absolute beast at the back - height, skill, composure, heading. He does seem to lack pace at times, but this can be compensated by his reading of the game and positioning, which should improve.

This might not be a popular opinion, but Keane is our mainstay at the back. Consistent performer, and won't necessarily look as classy on the ball, but he is a manager's dream in that he does the basics very well, and puts his body on the line.

September 24, 2020, 12:12:20 AM
Reply #63

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Keane and Holgate are our best pairing for me at the moment. They have both really improved over the past year or so, and have cut out mistakes in their game.

Mina is yet to do that, as he hasn't really had a solid run in the team and so has very little form. No doubt that Mina has everything needed to become an absolute beast at the back - height, skill, composure, heading. He does seem to lack pace at times, but this can be compensated by his reading of the game and positioning, which should improve.

This might not be a popular opinion, but Keane is our mainstay at the back. Consistent performer, and won't necessarily look as classy on the ball, but he is a manager's dream in that he does the basics very well, and puts his body on the line.

Mina had a decent run w/ Holgate once Dunc took over though. Maybe 14 games in a row I think? Was by far our best pairing and results of the year.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 24, 2020, 12:19:58 AM
Reply #64

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Really like Mina. I think it feels like he misses more games than he actually does.

September 24, 2020, 12:59:09 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mina is quicker than Holgate?

Yep!

Holgate quicker on the turn and more agile but in a sprint mina beats them both!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2020, 01:34:40 AM
Reply #66

kramer0

Yep!

Holgate quicker on the turn and more agile but in a sprint mina beats them both!

Yeah, it's the long strides.

He doesn't necessarily *look* quick but he definitely is.

September 24, 2020, 03:37:54 AM
Reply #67

markB

September 24, 2020, 03:39:26 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
stop it ffs

Mason Holgate has the worst heading duel % out of any English CB in the prem x

September 24, 2020, 03:40:14 AM
Reply #69

markB

Mason Holgate has the worst heading duel % out of any English CB in the prem x

Random

September 24, 2020, 07:07:43 PM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

Mina > Holgate > Kane

That's just the way it is.

September 27, 2020, 12:28:50 AM
Reply #71

cantoffee

Sliding header tackles are back on the menu boys!

Loved Coleman's reaction to it as well.

A bit erratic and over enthusiastic today as usual but also great overall against some quick and tricky players.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 27, 2020, 01:06:45 AM
Reply #72

Cozzie

Anyone got a gif of the sliding tackle with his head?

September 27, 2020, 01:23:13 AM
Reply #73

TheTone

Anyone got a gif of the sliding tackle with his head?

September 27, 2020, 01:30:03 AM
Reply #74

Dr. Sponge

Off his head isn't he.