October 30, 2020, 01:12:47 AM

Author Topic: GbaminWatch  (Read 4836 times)

Lincs Toffee, Bitzer49, Bob Sacamano, Picko1975 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 14, 2020, 08:10:42 PM
Read 4836 times

Toddacelli

Can't find decent info on when he's due back.

All I get is 'Next Year' or '2021' - yes but is that January or December?

As things stand, I know Allan seems fit as a butcher's dog, but it would be nice to bring Gbamin back in at some point. General concencus was that he added quality to our midfield. With the arrival of the three musketeers, he could add real depth to the squad. He's got to be a better option than Delph, Besic or Baningame - but when is he back?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 14, 2020, 08:12:45 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Can't find decent info on when he's due back.

All I get is 'Next Year' or '2021' - yes but is that January or December?

As things stand, I know Allan seems fit as a butcher's dog, but it would be nice to bring Gbamin back in at some point. General concencus was that he added quality to our midfield. With the arrival of the three musketeers, he could add real depth to the squad. He's got to be a better option than Delph, Besic or Baningame - but when is he back?
Generally not holding out much hope of ever seeing him again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 14, 2020, 08:16:47 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Longer it goes less likely we'll ever see more than the odd attempt at a comeback, unfortunately.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

September 14, 2020, 08:18:49 PM
Reply #3

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnt happy when Allan seemed to get a knock .....had a look at our subs and thought  oh when is Gbarmin back

September 14, 2020, 08:22:16 PM
Reply #4

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Generally not holding out much hope of ever seeing him again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Now now, you've been doing so well.

On topic, I believe the latest update was originally January, but was then moved up to around the November timeframe.

I read a very interesting insight from a Physiotherapist who detailed how the 2 injuries most likely happened. The thigh injury was pretty simply what most of us have come to understand: rushed back too soon without giving him the necessary time to recuperate.

He then went on to say that while someone's rehabbing a major injury like that, other muscles and ligaments, etc. "tighten up" from not being used. So when the player comes back, he's at a greater risk of a different injury for that reason. Seemed plausible to me.

Whatever we do, I hope it's a real "ease him back into the side" plan. Maybe even a good run with the U23s to build up his match fitness in less demanding games.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 14, 2020, 08:27:19 PM
Reply #5

Gary1878

My fear is that he won't come back anywhere near the same player that we signed. He looks like an agile player who likes a tackle, and it might take him 12-18 months to get back flying into tackles again with confidence.

The psychological aspect of these injuries will hit him as hard as the physical side, and in the Premier League, taking half a yard off of your pace, or having a moment's hesitation into a tackle can make the difference between excellent and average.

September 14, 2020, 08:52:38 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

Got to be patient with him given the terrible injuries so far.

Only turns 25 soon so still many years ahead of him but might take him a further 12 months to get back to fitness, up to speed, and confident - that's assuming he recovers.

He is definitely our Allan replacement and we need to think long term with him.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 14, 2020, 09:02:24 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

He is definitely our Allan replacement and we need to think long term with him.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I think we certainly need to look at him that way. If he is able to.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

September 14, 2020, 09:48:44 PM
Reply #8

markB

My fear is that he won't come back anywhere near the same player that we signed. He looks like an agile player who likes a tackle, and it might take him 12-18 months to get back flying into tackles again with confidence.

The psychological aspect of these injuries will hit him as hard as the physical side, and in the Premier League, taking half a yard off of your pace, or having a moment's hesitation into a tackle can make the difference between excellent and average.

we do not know what sort of player we signed he did ok 1st game but nothing more than that going of what we have signed with MB its a 65-70% that he was/is a good one and that might be a bit higher after the 3 lads that just came in

September 14, 2020, 09:49:52 PM
Reply #9

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
we do not know what sort of player we signed he did ok 1st game but nothing more than that going of what we have signed with MB its a 65-70% that he was/is a good one and that might be a bit higher after the 3 lads that just came in

I didn't see a ton of him at Mainz, but enough to know he offers a lot more than we saw in 135 minutes he never should've played in the first place.

September 14, 2020, 09:51:26 PM
Reply #10

markB

I didn't see a ton of him at Mainz, but enough to know he offers a lot more than we saw in 135 minutes he never should've played in the first place.

Oh 100% should not have played

September 14, 2020, 09:52:43 PM
Reply #11

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Oh 100% should not have played

Thanks, Obam...I mean, Silva.

September 14, 2020, 10:01:43 PM
Reply #12

Heisenberg

Wouldn’t surprise me if we seen him play more as a CB than a CM near the end of the year

September 14, 2020, 10:16:09 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Looking forward to seeing him play, whenever that will be

September 14, 2020, 11:38:43 PM
Reply #14

Outworlder47

Seems like he could be a very nice piece. Knowing that the FA Cup kicks off for us in January, hopefully he can be back and ready to be eased back into the side by then. His availability would ease pressure on Allan/Gomes/Doucouré, and also provide a more defensive midfielder to come on late in games to shore things up when he's not starting.