November 29, 2020, 04:33:49 AM

Author Topic: GbaminWatch  (Read 9347 times)

November 20, 2020, 05:18:58 PM
Reply #105

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Yep. I think this season is about getting him to a point where he can play competitively next season.

Get him minutes, get him recovered, get him fit, get him rested. Then he could be the squad player next season that means we can get rid of Gylfi or Gomes or both.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 20, 2020, 05:58:07 PM
Reply #106

Waltzer

Yep. I think this season is about getting him to a point where he can play competitively next season.

Get him minutes, get him recovered, get him fit, get him rested. Then he could be the squad player next season that means we can get rid of Gylfi or Gomes or both.

Genuine question, and I know people will argue it wouldn't be hard, but I've not seen enough of him to suggest he was better than either pre injury, let alone after the injuries and time he's been out. What makes you so confident he could replace either, apart from 'they're shit'?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 20, 2020, 06:06:51 PM
Reply #107

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Genuine question, and I know people will argue it wouldn't be hard, but I've not seen enough of him to suggest he was better than either pre injury, let alone after the injuries and time he's been out. What makes you so confident he could replace either, apart from 'they're shit'?

If he can get back to the level he was at with Mainz then he will be a much better option than either of them.

He can even play the 6 which would allow Allan to mover further forward
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 20, 2020, 06:44:17 PM
Reply #108

Waltzer

If he can get back to the level he was at with Mainz then he will be a much better option than either of them.

He can even play the 6 which would allow Allan to mover further forward

Cool, personally only seen him play for those few minutes with us and he looked pretty raw, although it wasnt really long enough to judge

November 20, 2020, 08:06:25 PM
Reply #109

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber

Genuine answer - I've probably seen less of him than you, so I haven't actually got anything else other than "They're shit", but that should be enough right?

Because they ARE shit.

Really shit.

November 20, 2020, 08:44:07 PM
Reply #110

Waltzer

Genuine answer - I've probably seen less of him than you, so I haven't actually got anything else other than "They're shit", but that should be enough right?

Because they ARE shit.

Really shit.
Well yeah, I just think our expectations could be wide of the mark. He hasn't played for 2 years and hardly played for Ivory Coast pre injury. You obviously want him to do well, I'm just not seeing enough to hold of that much hope i suppose, but like I said I don't really know what type of player he is, have only read comments on him and his style

November 20, 2020, 09:06:40 PM
Reply #111

youngysenior

"Anyone" who doesn't hide from the ball is better than Gylfi.

Sent from my SM-N976B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 20, 2020, 09:48:07 PM
Reply #112

Waltzer

Getting closer to seeing what he can do either way..

“Gbamin is in the last part of his recovery. I think he will be ready to train and play in two or three weeks.

November 20, 2020, 10:58:27 PM
Reply #113

Old England Toffee

Anyone else think of these when they read the title

or these

or just bob

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:07:10 PM by Old England Toffee »

November 20, 2020, 11:38:55 PM
Reply #114

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
We know how he likes his donuts....   :)

November 21, 2020, 02:52:57 PM
Reply #115

ajax_andy

The injury he's had must have taken some toll however good he may or may not have been in the first place.
I wouldn't hold out much hope for him being a regular any time soon.
If he does come back strong and holds a place in the team I'd consider it a bonus.

Exactly this, we need to have zero expectations with him.

November 21, 2020, 03:40:06 PM
Reply #116

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not expecting anything great from him to be honest. Be surprised if he does succeed here now. But modern medicine can be marvelous. Guess time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 22, 2020, 03:39:39 AM
Reply #117

bornblue88

Gomes and sigurdsson don’t provide the good passing and creativity they were bought for. The hope is that Gbamin will do what he was bought for, which is to at least be solid defensively from midfield and pass it tidily. The other two are weak and do nothing

November 22, 2020, 06:28:07 PM
Reply #118

Nicco

I expect little to nothing from Gbamin.
Which is more than you get from Gylfi and Gomes.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

November 22, 2020, 09:57:24 PM
Reply #119

Dr. Sponge

Fuck it. He's gonna be our No.6 saviour.