October 22, 2020, 09:51:24 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham Away Match Ratings  (Read 1477 times)

September 15, 2020, 07:50:48 PM
Reply #30

Gary1878

Nice Praise from Garth Crooks - both DCL and James in his team of the week.

Calvert-Lewin: The header by Dominic Calvert-Lewin at Tottenham was worthy of winning any match. In fact it was so good, that any further consideration to include Jamie Vardy or Callum Wilson in my team of the week was suddenly out of the question.

Under Carlo Ancelotti, this lad is getting better with every game. It could be a defining season for the young Evertonian. He has all the elements to make a top-class striker. If he can stay fit, which invariably means looking after himself, he can be whatever he wants.

Rodriguez: When I heard that Carlo Ancelotti had lured James Rodriguez to Goodison Park, it was clear Everton's days of mediocrity were over.

The Colombia international looked extremely comfortable in a new-look midfield that outclassed Spurs.

With Allan and Abdoulaye Doucoure alongside Rodriguez, the Toffees seem very capable of at least a top-six finish.

In contrast, Tottenham's signings seem less inspiring. Worrying times for Spurs.

September 15, 2020, 08:14:34 PM
Reply #31

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Calvert-Lewin: The header by Dominic Calvert-Lewin at Tottenham was worthy of winning any match. In fact it was so good, that any further consideration to include Jamie Vardy or Callum Wilson in my team of the week was suddenly out of the question.

Under Carlo Ancelotti, this lad is getting better with every game. It could be a defining season for the young Evertonian. He has all the elements to make a top-class striker. If he can stay fit, which invariably means looking after himself, he can be whatever he wants.

Rodriguez: When I heard that Carlo Ancelotti had lured James Rodriguez to Goodison Park, it was clear Everton's days of mediocrity were over.

The Colombia international looked extremely comfortable in a new-look midfield that outclassed Spurs.

With Allan and Abdoulaye Doucoure alongside Rodriguez, the Toffees seem very capable of at least a top-six finish.

In contrast, Tottenham's signings seem less inspiring. Worrying times for Spurs.

'kinell I love reading things like this.
Playing FM20 24/7.

September 15, 2020, 08:19:19 PM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Allan marshalled that midfield like he'd been here for years.
Doucoure was forever in acres of space.
Rodriguez was just fucking amazing
Richarlison played his fucking arse off.
Gomes was great when called upon.
Pickford had a decent game.
All round the team looked cohesive and solid

Sent from my SM-A715F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Spot on other than Pickford, thought he was much more than “decent”

September 15, 2020, 11:47:50 PM
Reply #33

BlueForYou

As an away team, collectively: nine out of ten

A team playing for their shirts and the manager

And a ten out of ten for the manager

Dream on - the wait is over...

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2020, 12:06:25 AM
Reply #34

velimski

Enjoyed reading in Garth Crooks' voice.

September 16, 2020, 12:29:26 AM
Reply #35

sam of the south

Enjoyed reading in Garth Crooks' voice.

Such a silly voice.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau