October 26, 2020, 04:23:48 AM

Author Topic: [News]Baines returns to Everton  (Read 304 times)

September 15, 2020, 09:48:31 PM
Read 304 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Baines returns to Everton

David Unsworth and Leighton Baines – two of the finest defenders in Everton's history – are taking on new, prominent roles at the Club's USM Finch Farm training Headquarters. As part of a number of exciting changes to the Club's player development structure, Unsworth has taken on an expanded role, becoming the Club's new Director […]

Source: Baines returns to Everton

September 15, 2020, 11:29:00 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

There's not an earthly prayer that Unsworth was one of the finest defenders in our history.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2020, 11:40:29 PM
Reply #2

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. I remember the fans really liking him and him being very, very good for a period (I was a youngster then so my prepubescent memories could be wayyyy off). But yeah Id agree with you BD.

September 15, 2020, 11:45:20 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Haha. I remember the fans really liking him and him being very, very good for a period (I was a youngster then so my prepubescent memories could be wayyyy off). But yeah Id agree with you BD.

Yeah I didn't mind him at all, chipped in with some goals and played through a really rough period. Bit of a cult player in a way, and a good left peg. But he wasn't that good tbf.

Also know two separate people who've met him and both said he was a bit of a dick in person.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 16, 2020, 03:51:27 AM
Reply #4

love is love

What a fantastic player for Everton, I hope his coach goes half as well.