November 01, 2020, 03:51:35 AM

Author Topic: So, Who's Happy then?  (Read 5743 times)

September 20, 2020, 01:19:57 AM
Reply #45

bigdunc9

I for one am buzzing!! Made up with 3 wins in a row even if one of them was Salford. Roll on Wednesday!!

September 20, 2020, 01:52:12 AM
Reply #46

Dr. Sponge

Do not engage the moron.

September 20, 2020, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #47

AllyBlue14

Just watching Arsenal - West Ham and thinking back to when we were choosing between Moyes and Carlo last Christmas.

We're only 2 league games into the season but the change in our club over the last 2 months, let alone the last 10, has been monumental.

September 20, 2020, 02:17:21 AM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a bad first half Andre like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2020, 02:24:00 AM
Reply #49

TheTone

I for one am buzzing!! Made up with 3 wins in a row even if one of them was Spurs. Roll on Wednesday!!

September 20, 2020, 04:25:09 AM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator
Didn't manage to see the game so can't buzz off the performance but it's slightly bitter sweet. Good win and a great start to the season but we usually try to get down to the first home game of the season, it would have been brilliant today, I love Goodison on bright sunny day like it was and the place would have been absolutely bouncing. I really missed Goodison today.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 06:41:35 PM by Gash »

September 20, 2020, 04:39:46 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't manage to see the game so can't buzz of the performance but it's slightly bitter sweet. Good win and a great start to the season but we usually try to get to the first home game of the season, it would have been brilliant today, I love Goodison on bright sunny day like it was and the place would have been absolutely bouncing. I really missed Goodison today.

I'm taking consolation from the fact that I've been saved what most certainly would have been an almighty bollocking off my bird for how smashed I would have ended up today.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2020, 05:02:22 AM
Reply #52

Deano Blue Boy

Boss going to bed top of the league

September 20, 2020, 07:41:45 AM
Reply #53

Old England Toffee

To be honest I was pretty gutted with this game. We have gone so long without winning anything and when we let in that free kick, for a moment I was dreaming... I thought we could maybe hold on for a 2-2 and take the drawing to westbrom cup of the redshite. but I guess the old mentality is hard to shift and in the end we threw the draw away with some very naive attacking play

September 21, 2020, 04:27:01 AM
Reply #54

Undisputed_blue

I think I save my happiness for next week when we whoop Crystal Palace with six goals.

September 21, 2020, 09:06:16 AM
Reply #55

Elgoodo1978

I think the best thing Saturday was when West Brom scored to make it 2-2. I felt a right smug cunt knowing wed still win the game comfortably. In fact, looking forward to the ensuing onslaught of an inferior team that needed to be put in their place. Twas a glimpse into what it must be like like being a Man U fan back in the day, a City fan now(ish) or older in 84-87.

At 3-2 I was smoking cigars and blowing rings and just enjoying the ride.  The glue sniffing days of Bournemouth (3-3) and Leicester (2-3) anxiety of yesteryear seemed like a lifetime ago.

I never want to wake up!

September 21, 2020, 03:03:21 PM
Reply #56

sam of the south

I think the best thing Saturday was when West Brom scored to make it 2-2. I felt a right smug cunt knowing wed still win the game comfortably. In fact, looking forward to the ensuing onslaught of an inferior team that needed to be put in their place. Twas a glimpse into what it must be like like being a Man U fan back in the day, a City fan now(ish) or older in 84-87.

At 3-2 I was smoking cigars and blowing rings and just enjoying the ride.  The glue sniffing days of Bournemouth (3-3) and Leicester (2-3) anxiety of yesteryear seemed like a lifetime ago.

I never want to wake up!

I see what youre saying, but lets not forget, we had the luxury of a man advantage.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 21, 2020, 04:33:19 PM
Reply #57

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I see what youre saying, but lets not forget, we had the luxury of a man advantage.

Yeah, i still wouldn't have been confident over the last few years - They'd have become more difficult to break down and we'd have huffed and puffed. Maybe we sneak one (maybe they sneak one even).

There was an element of doubt in my mind when they scored. Also, when DCLs goal went for review. But after that i knew we'd roll past them.

And yeah, like @Elgoodo1978 , when they equalised, after my initial burst of anger/'here we go' i just knew it didn't matter. We had the legs and quality to stretch the fuck out of them and bag a couple.

This is, 100%, just a different team and feeling.
It wont last for 38 games and we'll fuck up at times. But hopefully that game lets everyone know that you can't just turn up and expect to beat "weaker" teams - because there's no such thing in this league really.

September 21, 2020, 05:12:31 PM
Reply #58

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Feel much happier if we get another centre half in.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 21, 2020, 05:23:54 PM
Reply #59

Gary Todd

I'm fucking flabagasted how anyone ANYONE can make such derogatory  comments about Mina or Gomes OK we need a new Cb but Mina is a good player fair enough he has his wobbly moments but all in all he's OK and as for Gomes he's proven quality he returned not long ago from an horrific injury give him time ffs and this is a( are we happy thread) what does it take for some to be happy we are two games in having played spurs off the park last week at there place and done wba 5_2 Dcl is coming into his own we all use to comment how he didnt score enough (including me) and yet two games in he's scored 4 proper strikers goals we have a solid quality midfield in Allen and Doucore and an absolute gem in James what a player to be wearing our shirt with him and Richarlison we are gonna smash the prem this season I've never been as confident of us having a real shot at top 6 even yeah I will say it fuck it top 4.... We have the best manager we have had in many a year and personally no I'm not happy I'm fuckin over the moon at where we are heading Carlo has only been with us short time and look who he's brought in what does next year hold and the year after that, Very happy days are on the way and I'm loving it

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app