October 30, 2020, 02:21:21 AM

Author Topic: So, Who's Happy then?  (Read 5641 times)

September 21, 2020, 05:40:59 PM
Reply #60

Toddacelli

Had a bad first half Andre like.

Yup.

I don't agree @love is love but there's better ways to talk to each other and disagree on here. If we can't keep it civil when we're this fucking happy, then god help us when we lose one.

Gomes - still playing his way back, doesn't look fully fit but looks classy and now we're seeing more tangible end product from him.
Mina - he shit out a couple of times, and that pissed me off, but he's always needed a run of games to get going. When he plays regularly, he's much better so I expect him to improve every week.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 21, 2020, 05:58:42 PM
Reply #61

Gary1878

The great thing for me is that we aren't even at full speed yet. We didn't really have to get out of 2nd gear against West Brom (well at least James didn't - zero sprints in the game!), and I although I thought we played very well at Spurs, we didn't have to be at our very best there either.

Gomes has started slowly, but I like his passing range and the way he has been linking with the others has been great. This team needs to be built as a unit, not as individuals, and if he fits in well, then he stays as far as I'm concerned.

No doubt that we have some very interesting fixtures coming up against form teams, so we will be forced to step it up. Palace, WBA and Liverpool have all started well, so I can't wait to see how we do!

September 21, 2020, 06:27:22 PM
Reply #62

Elgoodo1978

This is, 100%, just a different team and feeling.
It wont last for 38 games and we'll fuck up at times. But hopefully that game lets everyone know that you can't just turn up and expect to beat "weaker" teams - because there's no such thing in this league really.

100% this, at the back of mind I'm expecting to be knocked back to earth at some point but I'm living in the moment.  I cant remember the last time not being totally stressed out watching a game, especially being behind etc.

The transformation, so far, has been phenomenal in such a short space of time.  The fluidity of our play now is night and day from anything I've seen for a long time and if/when we get that wrong, our set pieces are deadly.  And through all this it feels like we are somehow getting some sort of identity back.   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:30:01 PM by Elgoodo1978 »

September 21, 2020, 09:09:14 PM
Reply #63

sam of the south

Yeah, i still wouldn't have been confident over the last few years - They'd have become more difficult to break down and we'd have huffed and puffed. Maybe we sneak one (maybe they sneak one even).

There was an element of doubt in my mind when they scored. Also, when DCLs goal went for review. But after that i knew we'd roll past them.

And yeah, like @Elgoodo1978 , when they equalised, after my initial burst of anger/'here we go' i just knew it didn't matter. We had the legs and quality to stretch the fuck out of them and bag a couple.

This is, 100%, just a different team and feeling.
It wont last for 38 games and we'll fuck up at times. But hopefully that game lets everyone know that you can't just turn up and expect to beat "weaker" teams - because there's no such thing in this league really.

Yeah, I agree, but I wouldnít have been anywhere near as confident if it had remained 11 v 11, though. A large slice of that will be my own Martinez/Silva PTSD, but we still donít look great at the back.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

September 21, 2020, 09:30:06 PM
Reply #64

schleffera

Itís great. Iíve an 8 yr old in a class where all bar 1 follow the other lot - and he was finding it hard, being a focal point for their shite. Heís loving it, albeit a bit incredulous!

September 21, 2020, 09:33:28 PM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

Itís great. Iíve an 8 yr old in a class where all bar 1 follow the other lot - and he was finding it hard, being a focal point for their shite. Heís loving it, albeit a bit incredulous!

At least he'll grow up grounded, with a healthy perspective on the world, rather than having the mentality of a cult member who thinks that everything belongs to him, everyone loves him and nothing bad should ever be allowed to happen to him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 27, 2020, 12:32:59 AM
Reply #66

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking bump

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

September 27, 2020, 12:38:37 AM
Reply #67

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Not me. There was that one time that one guy did that thing wrong. Unacceptable!
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 27, 2020, 04:44:22 AM
Reply #68

Deano Blue Boy

Class being able to watch match of the day again. Haven't been able to watch it much these past few seasons.

September 27, 2020, 05:00:41 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Class being able to watch match of the day again. Haven't been able to watch it much these past few seasons.

Just poured myself a little whiskey
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 27, 2020, 05:06:41 AM
Reply #70

Tinga

First time I've watched this since that United game maybe?

September 27, 2020, 05:11:07 AM
Reply #71

Old England Toffee

god yeah x10. and in general to listen to pundits commentators. the change in feeling towards us has been as drastic as our change in midfield.

September 27, 2020, 05:12:16 AM
Reply #72

Undisputed_blue

Still not happy as we didn't beat Palace 6 nil.

September 27, 2020, 05:14:10 AM
Reply #73

Omar

yippie-kai-yeah, motherfuckers!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 27, 2020, 05:14:40 AM
Reply #74

Tinga

stonewall that..