November 30, 2020, 09:00:14 PM

Author Topic: So, Who's Happy then?  (Read 9008 times)

October 04, 2020, 11:31:28 AM
Reply #75

Old England Toffee

No norwegian wood for poor old Ole.

You should have signed James instead of James, were having a right old time over here, getting down to get down to goodison park even though we cant get down to goodison park

October 04, 2020, 02:20:46 PM
Reply #76

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I've watched match of the day more this season than I have for the last 3 or 4 combined.

And I enjoy that they're spending minimal time on our opponents now, rather than looking for reasons for our win in the deficiencies of others.

October 04, 2020, 03:21:31 PM
Reply #77

everton15

just feels like the 80s under howard.....if we fuck up we sort of know the goals will come  - amazing feeling-  happy fucking days
and
no Europe to distract us
KEEP IT GOING CARLO

October 04, 2020, 05:00:41 PM
Reply #78

74Blue

I've watched match of the day more this season than I have for the last 3 or 4 combined.

And I enjoy that they're spending minimal time on our opponents now, rather than looking for reasons for our win in the deficiencies of others.
100% this. For the first time in a good few years, I find myself checking what time MOTD is on and making sure I'm seated comfortably with beer in hand to watch the highlights of our game. I must say though that considering we were first up last night, they didn't really show very much of the game. It just seemed to be the goals and fuck all else. There was no mention of the constant clogging of James and Richarlison, whereas when it's one of the media darlings, they analyse the shit out of it. Probably just me reading to much into it, but considering it was a game with six goals in it, it just seemed a bit shit that we didn't get to see very much apart from the goals. They even covered the minutes silence for the busy AND the taking to the knee for Chelsea's game, whilst just showing the goals in our game.

October 04, 2020, 08:40:54 PM
Reply #79

arteta4spain

Back on top due to the West Ham result! Well in Moyesy!
Hopefully Rossssss and Villa can get something from the shite

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:43:35 PM by arteta4spain »

October 04, 2020, 09:05:22 PM
Reply #80

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Last time we won seven on the trot (albeit they were all league games) we went on and won the title.

Unfortunately that last seven game streak was ended by our next opponents...

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

October 04, 2020, 09:48:06 PM
Reply #81

Free Agent

Last time we won seven on the trot (albeit they were all league games) we went on and won the title.

Unfortunately that last seven game streak was ended by our next opponents...

The run in 1894/95? I read we won the next one 3-0 and it was against the shite.  ???

October 04, 2020, 09:52:08 PM
Reply #82

arteta4spain

The run in 1894/95? I read we won the next one 3-0 and it was against the shite.  ???
That’s what I thought too! 🤷🏻‍♂️

October 04, 2020, 09:56:07 PM
Reply #83

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No the one in 86/87.

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

October 04, 2020, 10:08:10 PM
Reply #84

Gary1878

We could be top for two weeks should Liverpool not get enough goals or the win this evening🤩🤩

October 04, 2020, 10:13:17 PM
Reply #85

ajax_andy

Back on top due to the West Ham result! Well in Moyesy!
Hopefully Rossssss and Villa can get something from the shite

Seeing us completely destroy teams who do well against our competitors for top 4 gives me great hope... We smashed West Brom and they drew with Chelsea, we smashed West Ham and they beat Leicester 3-0 away, we comfortably beat Brighton who did well and were extremely unlucky against Man U.

We seem the outlier of all teams with our results so far.

October 04, 2020, 10:14:49 PM
Reply #86

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Seeing us completely destroy teams who do well against our competitors for top 4 gives me great hope... We smashed West Brom and they drew with Chelsea, we smashed West Ham and they beat Leicester 3-0 away, we comfortably beat Brighton who did well and were extremely unlucky against Man U.

We seem the outlier of all teams with our results so far.

I'm happy with our play just like everyone else, but you know those results comparisons don't actually mean anything, yeah?
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 04, 2020, 10:24:31 PM
Reply #87

ajax_andy

I'm happy with our play just like everyone else, but you know those results comparisons don't actually mean anything, yeah?

You can't really base anything on them, it's just nice to see teams we're comfortably beating getting results against our main rivals for top 4.

Does West Ham beating Leicester mean we'd also beat the latter if we played them at the weekend? No.  Does it give me more belief and excitement that we might?. Absolutely!

October 04, 2020, 11:11:07 PM
Reply #88

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
That win against Spurs is looking pretty good. Man Utd 1 Spurs 4. Come on you mighty blues!!!  ;D
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 05, 2020, 01:51:19 AM
Reply #89

Toffee_4_Life

The secret is Cazoo. Undefeated across both teams so far, nobody would have said that at the start of the season!