November 25, 2020, 03:16:15 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 2808 times)

September 20, 2020, 05:32:57 PM
Read 2808 times

BlueNoseMike

Sorry for the new thread to go over what's been said before

Was just sat on the bog this morning thinking fuck me what a role Moshiri has played here.

Always backed his managers which is great. But to have that ambition to see an opportunity to see the availability of a top level manager and think "yes he is our fucking man. We will get him here" is brilliant.

Early doors for this season and it may still end in disaster, but christ, it's weird to see that ambition by the top brass of the club, nevermind it being acted upon.

In another reality we would all be here discussing how Moyes has scraped a 2-1 win thanks to goals from Hendricks and Pukki
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:46:16 AM by BlueNoseMike »

September 20, 2020, 05:36:55 PM
Reply #1

Danny

Its exciting that we got Ancelotti in, if this goes well even when he leaves I dont believe well be targeting the Silva/Koeman profile of manager again.

I never understood why teams dont just offer proven managers a lot of money but on a 2 or 3 year deal rather than 5 or 6.

Long contracts for managers are pointless.

September 20, 2020, 05:40:47 PM
Reply #2

winny5366

We are very lucky to have Moshiri, he has backed all his managers but put simply even after two games he himself must be smiling. Already Carlo has brought back "The school of science"
Moshiri will back this guy all the way to the top again and make us regular champions league qualifiers, etc.
New ground and all that but we still have a lot of rebuilding to do which has already started.
We must be patient as we are not quite there yet, that's going to take at least another season to be up there challenging the likes of the top four.
Good times ahead.

September 20, 2020, 06:38:44 PM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

Can't fault his financial commitment. Think he got lucky getting Carlo though, I'm sure Carlo was still employed by Napoli when we sacked Silva. And if that bloke from Arsenal with the bad teeth had been more desperate to get back in after his sacking....
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

September 20, 2020, 06:50:33 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can't fault his financial commitment. Think he got lucky getting Carlo though, I'm sure Carlo was still employed by Napoli when we sacked Silva. And if that bloke from Arsenal with the bad teeth had been more desperate to get back in after his sacking....

Got lucky with the timing but weve sounded out people like Simeone before.

A case of making your own luck I suppose.

September 20, 2020, 06:53:14 PM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

Got lucky with the timing but weve sounded out people like Simeone before.

A case of making your own luck I suppose.

Oh yes. Despite all the setbacks he's not been deterred.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

September 20, 2020, 06:53:26 PM
Reply #6

Robioto

Football is all about timing, luck and turning points and we finally hit the jackpot last November.

September 20, 2020, 07:22:13 PM
Reply #7

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
We got Jam'es from Madrid for nothing, although I did notice that Megaphon have become their Mobile Phone Sponsors, @ 25 million Euro's. (Not sure of the details.) I also heard that Ancelotti had been in meetings with Usmanov before he signed up for us. It's possible that it's all linked to the power of Usmanov. I can't say for certain that anything illegal went on, as I can only speculate, although, it's all available information. Napoli losing Allan was a surprise to a lot of people involved at their club. Richarlison did have a regular chat, helping to coax him into signing for us "Money talks." Influence and Cronyism is getting a bigger voice too." Just hope Moshi doesn't get caught doing anything illegal. If Everton fans have got anything to celebrate, it's the new set-up. End game is: Moshiri will sell shares in Everton to Usmanov, make a couple of hundred mill off Usmanov, and that's another whatever amount, laundered. Like they did with the Arsenal shares.  :)
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

September 20, 2020, 07:45:01 PM
Reply #8

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Its exciting that we got Ancelotti in, if this goes well even when he leaves I dont believe well be targeting the Silva/Koeman profile of manager again.

I never understood why teams dont just offer proven managers a lot of money but on a 2 or 3 year deal rather than 5 or 6.

Long contracts for managers are pointless.
They're not bad for the managers.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 20, 2020, 08:01:09 PM
Reply #9

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Money plays a bigger part than luck. With money you can buy yourself out of bad decisions eventually. The bigger slice of luck was Bill getting him on board in the first place and, perhaps, some ongoing backing from Usmanov behind the scenes.
All 3 managers (exclude Sam as he was only ever a stop gap) were promising and apparently on the way up so I don't think they were bad devisions when made, they just didn't work. What was dreadful was the transfer policy with each successive manager starting out with more dead wood than the previous one.
It's money that is getting us out of that. It's the promise of a lot of money down the line that got us Ancelotti.
If we are to to reach the top of the tree then that money has to be backed by an ambitious vision and effective business management. After a poor start to life as a 'rich' club things are finally looking positive, but it's still down to money more than luck.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 20, 2020, 08:29:20 PM
Reply #10

arteta4spain

Without trying to be a Debbie downer, I hope Ancelotti stays past his contract and commits to another few years. But at the same time I hope we have a plan for when Carlo decides to go. Can't  be caught out if we do have some success and then it dies off. I want Carlo here for as long as he can be. Best manger we've had since Kendall. Is he the most decorated we've ever had?
I just always want to see the progression of the club no matter what happens. But we're in the here and now and can't wait to see where this seasons gonna take us!! Carlo Magnifico indeed. Moshiri you have played a blinder. Take a bow

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 20, 2020, 08:59:07 PM
Reply #11

74Blue

Without trying to be a Debbie downer, I hope Ancelotti stays past his contract and commits to another few years. But at the same time I hope we have a plan for when Carlo decides to go. Can't  be caught out if we do have some success and then it dies off. I want Carlo here for as long as he can be. Best manger we've had since Kendall. Is he the most decorated we've ever had?
I just always want to see the progression of the club no matter what happens. But we're in the here and now and can't wait to see where this seasons gonna take us!! Carlo Magnifico indeed. Moshiri you have played a blinder. Take a bow

If the gamble of bringing in a top class manager and throwing money at him pays off though, which looks likely with Ancelloti and the improvements he's already made, then the club becomes a very attractive proposition to the managers at the top of the tree. They see a club who are successful and back their manager to the hilt, and not the basket case that we were.
The shiny new stadium and the increased profile that brings will help too.
Successful clubs are not where they are because they stand still. They are constantly working and looking for ways to increase their profile even further and maximising their profitability. Success breeds success. If we can kick on from here and win something meaningful, then there is no reason why we can't be a successful club once again.

September 20, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
Reply #12

plowman2

If the gamble of bringing in a top class manager and throwing money at him pays off though, which looks likely with Ancelloti and the improvements he's already made, then the club becomes a very attractive proposition to the managers at the top of the tree. They see a club who are successful and back their manager to the hilt, and not the basket case that we were.
The shiny new stadium and the increased profile that brings will help too.
Successful clubs are not where they are because they stand still. They are constantly working and looking for ways to increase their profile even further and maximising their profitability. Success breeds success. If we can kick on from here and win something meaningful, then there is no reason why we can't be a successful club once again.
I'll be happy enough if it just stops the Moyes returning rumours every time we sack a manager!
I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately.
― Tom Waits

September 20, 2020, 10:35:17 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Hes been absolutely brilliant for us. Spent money, increased revenue and set us on the way to a fantastic new stadium. Weve got plenty of football decisions wrong but even that looks like its coming right now.

Everything kenwright wasnt

September 20, 2020, 11:44:53 PM
Reply #14

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Cant knock his commitment or obviously financial backing but hes made some pretty terrible football decisions.

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."