November 29, 2020, 04:30:29 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 2874 times)

September 21, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
Reply #15

toffee_scot

I think we got lucky that Ancelotti was also available about a week after we sacked Marco Silva, otherwise I think we were looking at Vitor Perreira, David Moyes, Eddie Howe or Unai Emery if the original shortlist was accurate. However to be fair it was an opportunity we really went for and to convince a world class manager who has managed the top teams in France, England, Italy, Germany and Spain to join us when we were near the bottom of the table and hadn't finished in the top 6 for many years is absolutely incredible.

Still unsure fully what to make of Moshiri, since he came in there's no doubt things have looked a bit better on the commercial side and sponsorship agreements have certainly looked a lot more attractive plus the Bramley Moore stadium looks to be on the horizon. The footballing side though...there's no doubt that we have seen a significant amount of investment in the side in the last four seasons but it seems it has taken us a long time to try and get the personnel and structure right and there have been a lot of expensive mistakes along the way.

Hopefully Moshiri has learnt and I hope with Brands and Ancelotti at Everton in at least the next 2-3 years we will see Everton progress again after all these annoying setbacks.

September 21, 2020, 12:49:39 AM
Reply #16

mikey_blue

Can't fault the man for the financial backing that he's given us, and if FFP gets fucked off, I think we can expect a few more flagship signings in the future.

His early exploits with Jim White still haunts me though.

September 21, 2020, 06:17:34 AM
Reply #17

ally2

He has my total support. Even the disgruntlement about various managerial appointments or interviews with jim white or vanity signings are absurd considering what he has done and is doing for Everton. Considering our history we've been an absolute shambles for nigh on 30 years. Now we have a chance to rise again.

September 21, 2020, 07:57:24 AM
Reply #18

Old England Toffee

Hes not been in the football game for long, and as much as people say that hes got a great business brain, he has had a lot to learn in the football world. The man deserves all the benefits of the doubt and pardons, because without him there isn't a sniff of anchellotis eyebrow or James' crossfield treats, not even one of Dignes freekicks or Minas dances, just kenright and moyes part2.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:06:47 PM by Old England Toffee »

September 21, 2020, 06:30:15 PM
Reply #19

Dr. Sponge

He's a good lad isnt he.

September 21, 2020, 06:44:24 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Let's not forget that towards the end of Silva's reign he was getting dogs abuse on here for a lot of his decisions so far and his conduct in the media.

He can't be faulted for his financial contribution and we have now ended up in a good place but this was probably his last managerial appointment to get right before the knives really came out for him.

September 21, 2020, 09:20:48 PM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Let's not forget that towards the end of Silva's reign he was getting dogs abuse on here for a lot of his decisions so far and his conduct in the media.

He can't be faulted for his financial contribution and we have now ended up in a good place but this was probably his last managerial appointment to get right before the knives really came out for him.

And what if the knives did come out ? We donít own the club he does, fan power force him to sell ? Yeah, great idea so he sells us to Bangladeshi chicken farmer and letís see how that goes.

September 21, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

He's put more of his own personal wealth and actual skin in the game than possibly anyone in our entire history.

Incredible really.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 21, 2020, 09:55:26 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Koeman was a Hollywood appointment on paper and we were all wetting ourselves with excitement when he signed for us, so big in stature that arguably one of the worlds biggest and most successful clubs have just signed him, just didnít work out for us but Iím not going to condemn him for that appointment.  Allerdyce was never more than a stop gap appointment and everyone new that, Silva, he was badly advised by people who should of known better.

September 21, 2020, 10:03:49 PM
Reply #24

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
And what if the knives did come out ? We donít own the club he does, fan power force him to sell ? Yeah, great idea so he sells us to Bangladeshi chicken farmer and letís see how that goes.

I actually think he's got the bug and become an Evertonian. I would hazard a guess that he's spent much more than he bargained for. It's good for the club and I doubt he wouldn't care about what happens to it, afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 10:05:08 PM by pjk »
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

September 21, 2020, 10:59:18 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Think you are arguing with yourself there pal.

September 21, 2020, 11:01:17 PM
Reply #26

Old England Toffee

at least we'd have chicken

September 21, 2020, 11:16:49 PM
Reply #27

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think you are arguing with yourself there pal.

No , Iím just illustrating the absurdity of your suggestion that that was his last chance..before what ?

September 22, 2020, 03:21:01 AM
Reply #28

Lxxx

No , Iím just illustrating the absurdity of your suggestion that that was his last chance..before what ?

I didnít say this was his last chance.

If he got this appointment wrong sections of our fan base, the ones that generally get on the back of our players very easily, would probably have turned on Moshiri.

We all know who they are and they would have been quick to find a scapegoat and he would have been in the firing line.

September 22, 2020, 04:02:58 AM
Reply #29

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I didnít say this was his last chance.

If he got this appointment wrong sections of our fan base, the ones that generally get on the back of our players very easily, would probably have turned on Moshiri.

We all know who they are and they would have been quick to find a scapegoat and he would have been in the firing line.

Sorry then but your statement that the appointment of Carlo  was ďprobably his last opportunity before the knives came outĒ sounded a bit like it was his last chance.