Allan
Doucoure
James
DCL
Richarlison
Sigurdsson (Sub)
Iwobi (Sub)
Davies (Sub)

Author Topic: Crystal Palace vs Everton - Saturday 26 September 2020  (Read 9273 times)

September 24, 2020, 08:28:49 AM
Read 9273 times

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
When: 3:00pm GMT / 10:00am EST
Where: Selhurst Park

Yup, still excited.

We should be seeing the debut of the away kit too, which is awesome.
Playing FM20 24/7.

September 24, 2020, 09:11:20 AM
Reply #1

Ramjam

Yankee can you also advise on the Australian time as well, itís poor form to overlook us Toffees down under cheers

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 24, 2020, 09:23:45 AM
Reply #2

MexicanToffee

Yankee can you also advise on the Australian time as well, itís poor form to overlook us Toffees down under cheers

When: 3:00pm GMT / 10:00am EST
Where: Selhurst Park

Yup, still excited.

We should be seeing the debut of the away kit too, which is awesome.
Love the away kit. Win this game and I am officially letting my lip wobble.
STAY HOME......PROTECT THE NHS.......SAVE LIVES

September 24, 2020, 01:43:32 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

It'll be a tough game, this. Palace are in good form and have pace to burn.

Allan needs to do a better job of screening than he did against WBA. His overall play was great, but that first 30 mins he was getting far too involved in the play, especially on the edge on their box. We'd have been much less susceptible to the counter, if he'd been 10 yards deeper.

These will counter all day long so we need to try and keep our shape and not get too 1970 WC Brazil all over the gaff. They'll be looking at that long diagonal in behind RodrŪguez and Coleman.

We need to control the game and pass them to death, without getting too complacent and allowing them to counter on our sloppy passes.

This will have the look of a home game with them happy to sit, and us having 60% of the ball. Oh, and we really don't want to concede first to these lot.

Going to be a really good test and a barometer of where this team is. Proper banana skin.

Hereís to a professional 0-2 dispatching. UTFT!!!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 01:52:14 PM by GrantyBoy78 »

September 24, 2020, 02:00:45 PM
Reply #4

mikey_blue

Itíll be a tough game this. Zaha playing like a man possessed.

They donít have any right backs fit at the minute so it plays to our strengths. Hopefully Richy and Digne can capitalise on that. 

September 24, 2020, 02:37:31 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
They are a dangerous side palace. Got to be careful to not defend too high up as they will want to get Zaha and Townsend in behind, also the new man Eze if he gets some minutes, 3 players who love to run at defences

The McArthur McCarthy combo will be looking to do a number on James and Richarlison, really hoping our quality shines through

Would have thought all day that they will be defending deep and trying to hit us on the counter

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 24, 2020, 02:52:56 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We struggled when Diangana dribbled at us so I expect Shlupp, Ayew, Zaha and Ebere to give us a bit of a tough time tbh.

Conservative 3 in the middle and ask Doucoure to put a shift in covering as much as poss, similar to spurs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, this is the first real test of our new credentials.

Brighton at home next? i'd take a draw at Palace as long as we beat Brighton i suppose.

September 24, 2020, 03:40:55 PM
Reply #8

Heisenberg

Really want to think we can win this but got a horrible feeling we will Everton this. Could really set the pace for our season this game as I fancy us against Brighton the best game

September 24, 2020, 03:44:50 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Will be a tough game this.

Winnable but tough. Just hope people keep their heads if we draw or even lose this one.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 24, 2020, 03:49:40 PM
Reply #10

Dr. Sponge

We might see us being a bit more conservative here because their counter attack looks brutal.

September 24, 2020, 04:15:24 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be tricky this as they will sit back and look to hit us on the counter
If we leave ourselves open like we did at times v WBA we could struggle
If we sit back like we did against spurs it will be like cat and mouse!

Set pieces again will be vital for us and for Pickford not to throw one in
Simply simply lovely

September 24, 2020, 04:26:55 PM
Reply #12

BlueForYou

Early goal from Rich

Nkk has Zaha in his pocket

Late goal from Rich

Pickford MotM

0-2

Top of the League
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 24, 2020, 04:28:06 PM
Reply #13

TSGun

It's going to be an intriguing game.

James is our key man. With that elite, ridiculous passing range that can unlock clogged defences.

Just hope we take our clear chances, and with confidence at a healthy level there's every chance we might.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

September 24, 2020, 04:29:25 PM
Reply #14

Gary1878

The key to this game is tinkering with the midfield positioning a little further, and making sure Allan/Doucoure are always covering the defence. If we can get this balance right, and stop their counter attacks, then we should do well here. Palace are the type of team to hit you with individual bits of pace and skill on the counter, and if we can defend these well, then we should be able to create enough to win the game.