November 29, 2020, 04:41:18 AM

Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 8071 times)

September 27, 2020, 08:43:24 PM
Reply #30

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester proved last season how difficult it is to sustain a good run for a full season but if we can keep on winning matches then letís just see how we get on as we go.

A cup and top 6 would be a great effort.

The only reason I feel Leicester is a poor comparison is because they're a 1-man team. Vardy doesn't score, they rarely win. Top to bottom, we're now a far more talented, deeper side.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 27, 2020, 08:49:05 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

The only reason I feel Leicester is a poor comparison is because they're a 1-man team. Vardy doesn't score, they rarely win. Top to bottom, we're now a far more talented, deeper side.

Think you're doing a massive disservice to Leicester if I'm honest. Well do really well to finish above then

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 27, 2020, 08:50:03 PM
Reply #32

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Never in a million years a one man team.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

September 27, 2020, 09:07:56 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester and us are very even. They probably have a better squad build with younger players they can sell on. We have the bigger stars in Richarlison and James.

I'd like us to be in the hunt for 7th+, 60-65 points+, positive metrics that show we're heading in the right direction.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 27, 2020, 09:24:44 PM
Reply #34

Gary1878

Minimum 7th for me. I would be disappointed  not to finish above Wolves and Leicester with the side we have, but that doesnít mean we canít go much higher. I really donít know what we are capable of yet until at least 10 games in.

One thing I do know is that finishing 9th would feel like a poor showing with the talent we have in the first team and squad.

September 27, 2020, 09:24:58 PM
Reply #35

Stumpy

Not even thinking about where we will end up at the moment.I'm just happy to be enjoying watching us again,and listening to and reading about the nice things that's being said and written about us.

September 27, 2020, 09:29:35 PM
Reply #36

Macca77

September 27, 2020, 09:36:01 PM
Reply #37

Mayor Farnum

Can winning a cup ever be an expectation?
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

September 27, 2020, 09:50:32 PM
Reply #38

ally2

Just enjoying competence and some respect for once. Can't really see the point in setting any particular expectation. We should always be trying to win every game. That's why I think we are superior to the Moyes era already in mindset anyway. We were very good under Martinez but quickly became incompetent. 

September 27, 2020, 09:51:06 PM
Reply #39

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Think you're doing a massive disservice to Leicester if I'm honest. Well do really well to finish above then

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I'm biased because I genuinely dislike them, but I'm being honest when I say I don't think they're that good. I think they were extremely lucky last year, and I think their 2nd half performance proved that out. They were 15th in the table from Dec 21 through lockdown, when Vardy wasn't scoring. They were something like 13th in the table from Dec 21 through the end of the season. I stand by my position that when Vardy doesn't score, they rarely do well.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 27, 2020, 09:54:47 PM
Reply #40

Fynci

I'm biased because I genuinely dislike them, but I'm being honest when I say I don't think they're that good. I think they were extremely lucky last year, and I think their 2nd half performance proved that out. They were 15th in the table from Dec 21 through lockdown, when Vardy wasn't scoring. They were something like 13th in the table from Dec 21 through the end of the season. I stand by my position that when Vardy doesn't score, they rarely do well.

I don't think I've ever met a neutral who dislikes Leicester, they are a pretty inoffensive team as far as I'm concerned. It was great for football that they won the league. As @Stumpy says I'm just going to enjoy this for as long as it continues.

September 27, 2020, 10:04:57 PM
Reply #41

Gary1878

I think Wolves are more of a threat than Leicester. I think they will miss Chilwell hugely as an attacking threat, and Wolves seem to just sign ringers from Portugal that come in and hit the ground running.

I think though if we can keep James fit, then we are as good as anyone, and itís really down to us if we want to get 4th. We are so well balanced, even compared to Man Utd, who have 3 quite similar players up top with Greenwood, Martial and Rashford, but no proper striker like they had with Lukaku or a DCL to get in the box and finish chances off.

I am disgressing a bit now, but anyway, past performance is not indicative of future performance, and we shouldnít let the past skew our ambitions to finish in the top 6 at least this year.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:06:02 PM by Gary1878 »

September 27, 2020, 10:06:03 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can winning a cup ever be an expectation?

Not unless youíre an established top 6 side.

Need to be a good team for a few years before you can expect to win a cup.

Even then some go on long runs without one

September 27, 2020, 10:07:11 PM
Reply #43

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
My expectations is just to enjoy watching Everton again. :)

Im not putting pressure on them because if we done match up with them, ill feel shit.

Id love to get Europe and a cup - but enjoying watching us play, celebrating goals and bitching about Pickford is enough for me right now.

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

September 27, 2020, 10:09:14 PM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator
I think Wolves are more of a threat than Leicester. I think they will miss Chilwell hugely as an attacking threat, and Wolves seem to just sign ringers from Portugal that come in and hit the ground running.

From the looks of it, Castagne is an upgrade on Chilwell. I just think Rodgers will fall apart like he did at Liverpool.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.