January 21, 2021, 02:06:34 AM

Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 17185 times)

January 03, 2021, 11:11:31 PM
Reply #315

Paddockoldie

Seeing us sliding slowly down the table makes me so pissed off about the west ham game... why do we do this?

January 18, 2021, 08:53:58 PM
Reply #316

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Well, great article from Shearer on the BBC web site today, title “Any one of four or five teams can win the league this year “ then he lists Man Utd., City, Liverpool, Leicester, and Spurs ! FFS, I know we don’t expect to win it but we are one point behind Spurs, two behind Liverpool and Leicester and have a game in hand over all three of them, at least call us a dark horse !

January 18, 2021, 09:02:24 PM
Reply #317

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Well, great article from Shearer on the BBC web site today, title “Any one of four or five teams can win the league this year “ then he lists Man Utd., City, Liverpool, Leicester, and Spurs ! FFS, I know we don’t expect to win it but we are one point behind Spurs, two behind Liverpool and Leicester and have a game in hand over all three of them, at least call us a dark horse !

Honestly the only part that makes smoke come out of my ears is the inclusion of Leicester.

Why? Why do all these idiots think they're so good? They're not!

6-4-14 last 24 games Vardy didn't score. That's roughly 35-36 pts on a full campaign. Exactly. They're a Vardy away from fighting to stay in the Prem.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

January 18, 2021, 09:05:47 PM
Reply #318

Shogun

Administrator
Honestly, we're not title contenders. I don't know why people are getting annoyed about it.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 18, 2021, 09:06:33 PM
Reply #319

BlueNoseMike

Come on though, if you scroll back some of these threads even to the west ham game there are chaos saying the team is shite.

Go back further and there worries about dropping into the bottom 5. We are where we are which is amazing but Shearer is allowed to.not include us and think that we will not keep it up. So it's up to us to prove it wrong.

This game in hand thing makes me laugh. It's against the best team in the country, talk.about counting chickens

January 18, 2021, 09:10:44 PM
Reply #320

BlueNoseMike

Honestly the only part that makes smoke come out of my ears is the inclusion of Leicester.

Why? Why do all these idiots think they're so good? They're not!

6-4-14 last 24 games Vardy didn't score. That's roughly 35-36 pts on a full campaign. Exactly. They're a Vardy away from fighting to stay in the Prem.

You could take plenty of teams out the equation of you took out their best player, look at Bruno at United he is so pivotal to them. If my auntie and bollocks shed be my uncle. As they are now Leicester are much more likely to crash the party than us

Yeah we look like a team that is more equipped to grind out results with what many would say would be our best 2, 3 or even 4 players. But to say Leicester arent a threat without vardy when they very much have him is rather pointless

January 18, 2021, 09:19:29 PM
Reply #321

Dr. Sponge

Roy Keane has dismissed us as well and rightly so, take out Leicester and our squad is nowhere near the standard of those teams mentioned.

We have about five or six 'Top 4' level players compared to City, Liverpool, Spurs, United, who have more quality on their bench than we do on the field.

We're on the up, improving our mentality and aiming for europe. Anything else is unrealistic.

January 18, 2021, 09:20:34 PM
Reply #322

Shogun

Administrator
Honestly the only reason we're even up there is because of Ancelotti. Bang average players absolutely everywhere.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 18, 2021, 09:20:58 PM
Reply #323

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
You could take plenty of teams out the equation of you took out their best player, look at Bruno at United he is so pivotal to them. If my auntie and bollocks shed be my uncle. As they are now Leicester are much more likely to crash the party than us

Yeah we look like a team that is more equipped to grind out results with what many would say would be our best 2, 3 or even 4 players. But to say Leicester arent a threat without vardy when they very much have him is rather pointless

Try reading what I wrote.

I said when he doesn't score, they win 1 in 4 games. No other team is as reliant on 1 guy as Leicester.

January 18, 2021, 09:31:11 PM
Reply #324

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly, we're not title contenders. I don't know why people are getting annoyed about it.

I said “I know we’re not title contenders” so whose getting annoyed about it ?

January 18, 2021, 09:35:01 PM
Reply #325

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Come on though, if you scroll back some of these threads even to the west ham game there are chaos saying the team is shite.

Go back further and there worries about dropping into the bottom 5. We are where we are which is amazing but Shearer is allowed to.not include us and think that we will not keep it up. So it's up to us to prove it wrong.

This game in hand thing makes me laugh. It's against the best team in the country, talk.about counting chickens
Not counting chickens at all, just a statement of fact, doubt that Shearer has factored in that the game in hand is against City, anyway, a game in hand is a game in hand, I dare say City would rather their  game in hand was against Shef Utd or Burnley and not us.

January 18, 2021, 09:36:50 PM
Reply #326

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Try reading what I wrote.

I said when he doesn't score, they win 1 in 4 games. No other team is as reliant on 1 guy as Leicester.

There’s a few on here that fire off a response without reading the original thread first !

January 18, 2021, 09:55:23 PM
Reply #327

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's hard not to look at the table and think what if because it's all so close. The only way we really stay anywhere close to the top is if they frankly continue to play with the erraticness of your average 6th-9th place sort of team.

Right now, Man United are top almost halfway on a points total that suggests if they kept up the same form they'd finish on a mid 70s points total. That's pretty staggeringly low, some seasons you'd not get a CL spot with that amount.

So really we've got a little better (I too would point a lot of that to Ancelotti, and aligns with the evolution that Ancelotti mentioned) but in tandem as of right now everyone else got worse. Less consistent certainly.

Points wise, we remain close, and hopefully that continues, but the only way it will stay relevant to a conversation about the top few places is if:
a.) The others remain inconsistent, despite their far greater squad depth.
b.) We find our best of the best early season form.

Unless we do regain a little more of that dominant form we had early on we're in a mini league with Leicester, Southampton and probably West Ham (maybe Villa and possibly Arsenal too) for a 6th place finish which should bring EL football. Our objective should be overtaking Leicester first, then anything after that we can start thinking of greater prizes. It will be very tough though.

January 18, 2021, 09:56:36 PM
Reply #328

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
There’s a few on here that fire off a response without reading the original thread first !

If I'm honest, I'm guilty of that too lol.

January 18, 2021, 09:58:57 PM
Reply #329

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If I'm honest, I'm guilty of that too lol.

No , you are as guilty of that  as anyone !