November 29, 2020, 04:47:09 AM

Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 8074 times)

September 27, 2020, 10:21:10 PM
Reply #45

Mayor Farnum

Not unless you’re an established top 6 side.

Need to be a good team for a few years before you can expect to win a cup.

Even then some go on long runs without one
Top six is stretching it. Top two could probably expect to win a cup.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

September 27, 2020, 10:29:12 PM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Right now, I'm just enjoying the feeling of being competitive again.

September 27, 2020, 10:35:29 PM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Until Man City get knocked out of the League Cup, that competition doesn't become real to me.

September 27, 2020, 10:46:39 PM
Reply #48

Stumpy

Until Man City get knocked out of the League Cup, that competition doesn't become real to me.
Yeah i know what u mean.I was getting a little bit excited last week when it looked like bournemouth might take them to penalties,until foden came up with a late winner.

September 27, 2020, 10:54:57 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes, just mean they’ve been spread around City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc

Get the odd fluke too but really rare

September 27, 2020, 11:05:00 PM
Reply #50

American Evertonian

Leicester proved last season how difficult it is to sustain a good run for a full season but if we can keep on winning matches then let’s just see how we get on as we go.

A cup and top 6 would be a great effort.

But Leicester is no Everton 😉
Are we there yet?

September 27, 2020, 11:08:13 PM
Reply #51

Undisputed_blue

I think we can get top 4 this season. If we win our next three or four games in the league then we can aim even higher.

Lampard has serious problems in integrating new players in a Chelsea side which leak goals.

City is still weak defensively and has reported that they have 15 fit players to choose from.

Man U hasn't had the best start.

September 27, 2020, 11:22:36 PM
Reply #52

Thornton_19

For me its simple, if we sign a CB and RW before the window closes. (Dynamic RB would be ace too) i think we can push for top 4 this season.

My main worries are if Rodriguez gets injured we lose a lot of creativity and quick so we need another option for that position.

I still think our aim should be Europe by whichever way that is.

We stay injury free i think we will be 5th.

September 27, 2020, 11:32:11 PM
Reply #53

Lincs Toffee

Not enough quality in depth for me for us to get more than top 6, I bloody love watching us play now and for now that’s good enough for me as we are turning up and playing some sexy shit.
I think qualifying for Europe is a definite possibility as is a cup final if we don’t succumb to many long term injuries.

“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

September 28, 2020, 12:13:09 AM
Reply #54

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The only reason I feel Leicester is a poor comparison is because they're a 1-man team. Vardy doesn't score, they rarely win. Top to bottom, we're now a far more talented, deeper side.

September 28, 2020, 12:14:08 AM
Reply #55

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Don't go posting that now after Mr. Penalty strikes again lolol
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 28, 2020, 12:22:33 AM
Reply #56

Stumpy

Don't go posting that now after Mr. Penalty strikes again lolol
Ha ha just as well he was off the field leicester have been given a third penalty.

September 28, 2020, 12:29:36 AM
Reply #57

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Ha ha just as well he was off the field leicester have been given a third penalty.

Drives me batty! They're back top of table thanks to their +7 gd. Of course they have 5 successful pens.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 28, 2020, 12:40:35 AM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think I've ever met a neutral who dislikes Leicester, they are a pretty inoffensive team as far as I'm concerned. It was great for football that they won the league. As @Stumpy says I'm just going to enjoy this for as long as it continues.

I can't stand them
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2020, 12:42:19 AM
Reply #59

Stumpy

Drives me batty! They're back top of table thanks to their +7 gd. Of course they have 5 successful pens.
We can hardly go complaining about penalties after being gifted that one yesterday,at least the 3 pens leicester had today looked nailed on.On top of that i've had a couple of spurs mates howling about the last min one given against them today.I havn't seen it but they and a fellow blue all said it was a complete joke.