November 29, 2020, 03:59:07 AM

Author Topic: Expectations for the season  (Read 8068 times)

September 28, 2020, 12:45:47 AM
Reply #60

Stumpy

I can't stand them
It's rogers i can't stand.The creep goes through me.

September 28, 2020, 12:45:53 AM
Reply #61

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
We can hardly go complaining about penalties after being gifted that one yesterday,at least the 3 pens leicester had today looked nailed on.On top of that i've had a couple of spurs mates howling about the last min one given against them today.I havn't seen it but they and a fellow blue all said it was a complete joke.

C'mon mate, we've been awarded TWO league penalties in the past 40+ games. Leicester gets pens all the time. Vardy himself has 8 in the last 40 games. I fucking hate them.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

September 28, 2020, 12:50:48 AM
Reply #62

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
C'mon mate, we've been awarded TWO league penalties in the past 40+ games. Leicester gets pens all the time. Vardy himself has 8 in the last 40 games. I fucking hate them.

Not going to talk anyone out of hating Leicester.

I do think though that you're underselling them in terms of a team, even though yes they lose a lot if Vardy is off form or injured. Hopefully EL football will mess their form up a bit, but they're going to be in the mix for European places again.

September 28, 2020, 12:51:58 AM
Reply #63

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Not going to talk anyone out of hating Leicester.

I do think though that you're underselling them in terms of a team, even though yes they lose a lot if Vardy is off form or injured. Hopefully EL football will mess their form up a bit, but they're going to be in the mix for European places again.

I'm just being petty, really. It bothers me how everyone gushes over them. I think they're quite overrated.

September 28, 2020, 12:52:36 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

The only reason I feel Leicester is a poor comparison is because they're a 1-man team. Vardy doesn't score, they rarely win. Top to bottom, we're now a far more talented, deeper side.

They have just smashed 5 past City away from home and sit top of the league.

Theyíre a good side whoíve had a great past few years and have a talented squad. Letís give credit where itís due.

September 28, 2020, 12:54:05 AM
Reply #65

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
They have just smashed 5 past City away from home and sit top of the league.

Theyíre a good side whoíve had a great past few years and have a talented squad. Letís give credit where itís due.

They sit top of the league because 5 of their +7 gd are from penalties. Vardy has 5 goals, 4 of which are penalties. Mid-table side.

September 28, 2020, 12:56:34 AM
Reply #66

MexicanToffee

Donít think Iíve ever seen a team awarded three pens in a match before. Leicester did what Leicester do so well ... hit City on the break and were really clinical. It will be interesting to see how they do without Vardy though.
STAY HOME......PROTECT THE NHS.......SAVE LIVES

September 28, 2020, 01:00:09 AM
Reply #67

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just being petty, really. It bothers me how everyone gushes over them. I think they're quite overrated.

To be honest, last season I was the same, they were awful second half of the season but people were still lavishing praise on them. I don't think they played all that well overall and were lucky to finish as close as they did to top 4.

They're a solid top 8 ish EL level ish team though, so by that measure they are rivals.

September 28, 2020, 01:11:57 AM
Reply #68

Stumpy

I get it, really i do.But the fact of the matter is we won yesterday with a penalty that was a shocking call.
I know what you mean about the amount that leicester are awarded it was the same the year they won the league,they were given 3 against us that very year though vardy missed the one at thier place.Same with man utd last season,a total of 21 penalties given to them,that's almost unbelievable,while we had one.Of course they would say yeah sure we had a load more awarded to us than you,but then again we played bright attacking football compared to the turgid dross that you served up.Stands to reason we'd have more penalties than you

September 28, 2020, 01:21:15 AM
Reply #69

howard1334

1st Tier: Liverpool & Man City
2nd Tier: Chelsea & Manchester United
3rd Tier: Arsenal, Leicester & Tottenham
4th Tier: Wolves 

I think it is very, very unlikely we finish above Liverpool or Man City (obviously).  We could finish above one of Manchester United or Chelsea if things keep going wrong for them, but given their overall squad quality, I think it is unlikely.  Going off of our performances to date, we have a real chance of finishing ahead of at least one of Arsenal, Leicester, or Tottenham.  Arsenal and Leicester are highly dependent on Aubameyang and Vardy, and Tottenham appears to be in disarray and have lost Son to injury.  I really think we should be finishing ahead of Wolves.  In short, I think 7th or 8th is most likely, but 4th - 6th is not completely out of the question.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:23:31 AM by howard1334 »

September 28, 2020, 01:22:54 AM
Reply #70

howard1334

I get it, really i do.But the fact of the matter is we won yesterday with a penalty that was a shocking call.
I know what you mean about the amount that leicester are awarded it was the same the year they won the league,they were given 3 against us that very year though vardy missed the one at thier place.Same with man utd last season,a total of 21 penalties given to them,that's almost unbelievable,while we had one.Of course they would say yeah sure we had a load more awarded to us than you,but then again we played bright attacking football compared to the turgid dross that you served up.Stands to reason we'd have more penalties than you

I don't know if yesterday's penalty was a "shocking call" given the rule changes.  I think it is the rules that are shockingly dumb.

September 28, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
Reply #71

Stumpy

I don't think your being petty.
I felt the same last sunday when they beat burnley 4-2 without really having to get out of 2nd gear because burnley we so poor defensively.It stopped us going into the new week top of the table,it pissed me off how easy burnley made it for them.
And now theve done the same thing this week
However i'm not pissed off this week,because beating a  poor burnley side at home is one thing,sticking 5 on man city away that's a whole different story,3 penalties or no 3 penalties.
Sometimes you just have to lift your hat and say fair play credit where it's due,well done.

September 28, 2020, 01:31:49 AM
Reply #72

Stumpy

I don't know if yesterday's penalty was a "shocking call" given the rule changes.  I think it is the rules that are shockingly dumb.
Yeah, fair comment,hard to argue against that,he's just implementing the change in law,even if the new law is pathetic.

September 28, 2020, 01:38:54 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not having United myself.

Think arsenal will be fine, think Chelsea have bought enough star quality, city and libpewl miles ahead of the rest.

Spurs, you never know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2020, 01:39:12 AM
Reply #74

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The only thing that matters is that Spirit of the Blues gets into the Top 10.