October 30, 2020, 12:56:57 AM

Author Topic: Ben Godfrey  (Read 20723 times)

October 01, 2020, 12:37:02 AM
Reply #15

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Is he starting tonight?
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 01, 2020, 12:38:31 AM
Reply #16

Macca77

Don't know much about him, so I'm well onboard with this

October 01, 2020, 12:38:49 AM
Reply #17

Outworlder47

Is he starting tonight?

Norwich don't play until Saturday, Derby County at home.

October 01, 2020, 12:39:52 AM
Reply #18

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Norwich don't play until Saturday, Derby County at home.

I meant for us, duh.

October 01, 2020, 12:47:48 AM
Reply #19

Undisputed_blue

Everton has a good track recording in developing good centre halves. So I guess it's worth seeing if Ben has significant potential.

However, I have to raise the question about our FFP. Also if he's injury prone as playing with an injury can cause long term problems.

October 01, 2020, 12:58:11 AM
Reply #20

Robioto

I’m sure he was linked with a big European team, earlier in the window, but were put off by Norwich’s asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Linked with AC Milan, Dortmund and Liverpool amonsgst other teams earlier in the window. How true those links are, who knows. Good signs though.

October 01, 2020, 01:01:36 AM
Reply #21

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Everton has a good track recording in developing good centre halves. So I guess it's worth seeing if Ben has significant potential.

However, I have to raise the question about our FFP. Also if he's injury prone as playing with an injury can cause long term problems.

I don't think it makes sense to worry about FFP since we're not the billionaire accountants in charge of the club's finances.

October 01, 2020, 01:01:36 AM
Reply #22

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like this has legs!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

As long as Godfrey has
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 01, 2020, 01:05:51 AM
Reply #23

ajax_andy

I don't pay much attention to links....until someone creates a thread, and then I'm in full belief we're signing them 😂

Sounds perfect doesn't he, back up for Holgate, meaning we have depth for both types of CB.  Seems like a very smart signing if we can get him!

October 01, 2020, 01:08:28 AM
Reply #24

Cozzie

Sky sports have since updated their story on him (18:58) to now saying we have officially bid £20M upfront with £6M in add ons.

October 01, 2020, 01:20:26 AM
Reply #25

Undisputed_blue

I don't think it makes sense to worry about FFP since we're not the billionaire accountants in charge of the club's finances.

Well that was my train of thought before someone drummed FFP into me on another thread. I'm sure you can recall that thread.

October 01, 2020, 01:21:40 AM
Reply #26

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Well that was my train of thought before someone drummed FFP into me on another thread. I'm sure you can recall that thread.

Well did we sign Lozano yet or what? He scored 2 goals the other day.

October 01, 2020, 01:23:34 AM
Reply #27

Cozzie

Can a mod please change this so it says Godfrey instead of Godry 🤓

October 01, 2020, 01:31:53 AM
Reply #28

MmmblueBernard

He’s a bit old like

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 01, 2020, 05:08:44 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/139412-everton-supposedly-about-to-bid-for-godfrey/page/4/#comments

Quick, athletic, very good passer (short and long) and a great attitude. Still needs to improve his positioning and reading of the game at the highest level, but there's every reason to think he will be able to do this with time and experience.

I think Godfrey has mistakes in him too (mostly positional). But what he does very well is have that ability to pass the ball around and bring the ball out of defence. He works hard and is rarely injured too. I hope that step up in quality around him will challenge him to make the step up too.

He's truly got the potential to be an England international. And I haven't said that about too many of our players. Maybe the only one since James Madison.

Godfrey's passing is defnitely superior to Stones, I think he's quicker and more agile, and far better at moving up to support the midfield. Stones has the benefit of experience at present as well as having the chance to play alongside some very good players whereas Godfrey has struggled to have a settled partnership with a truly great teammate to help him develop.

I still maintain that 25mil is too low based on all the factors previously mentioned, but do concede that maybe my original value of 40 mil + addons was too high. 30 mil + addons would be my preferred position, but I doubt the club would turn down 25 + addons either..
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.