Poll

Who would you rather have?

Sigurdsson for around 50m
46 (33.1%)
Barkley to stay
93 (66.9%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: July 26, 2017, 03:06:56 PM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson v Barkley  (Read 2508 times)

July 13, 2017, 02:08:14 PM
Reply #60

Toddacelli

Barkley has not shown that to Everton that he actually WANTS to stay.  He has had plenty of opportunities to do so but hasn't so it is an easy choice for me.

I'm not convinced of this.

I still think it's possible that his management team/agents/whoever have tried to negotiate by playing hardball against the club and lost.

It may be my own fantasy because I love Ross so much - but for me it is easier to believe that somebody has tried to use Ross to make a shitload of money for themselves, fucked it up, and in the process - ruined Ross' life.

That's why we don't hear anything from Ross in the press. (That and the fact he hasn't got a Belgian dad).

I'm still hoping that Ross can come back into the fold and all is forgiven.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

July 13, 2017, 02:11:56 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a look through Ross's twitter yesterday, he's still liking Everton posts from Gana etc.

Interestingly, likes a lot of posts that allude to privacy, motivation and mental struggles.

Even liked a post in October from an Everton fan talking about people targeting him every time he plays.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2017, 02:13:17 PM
Reply #62

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think from his run over to the fans where he scored end of last season shows where he most wants to be.

It's all a bit of negotiation that's got too public and too drawn out, but my money isn't on him staying unless Koeman really wants him out.

July 13, 2017, 02:26:24 PM
Reply #63

dangermouse

Had a look through Ross's twitter yesterday, he's still liking Everton posts from Gana etc.

Interestingly, likes a lot of posts that allude to privacy, motivation and mental struggles.

Even liked a post in October from an Everton fan talking about people targeting him every time he plays.

Stalker!!!!!
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 13, 2017, 02:31:33 PM
Reply #64

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Dream scenario would be sell Barkley for 40 million, buy Sigurdson for 40 million.

July 13, 2017, 02:33:44 PM
Reply #65

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dream scenario would be sell Barkley for 40 million, buy Sigurdson for 40 million.

What a horrible dream

July 13, 2017, 02:34:54 PM
Reply #66

smellybum

Nah. Dream scenario is Ross signs the contract. Embraces the fact at the moment he might not be an automatic choice on the team sheet and works his ass off to become the player everybody thinks he can be/should be.

July 13, 2017, 02:46:53 PM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What a horrible dream

No, the horrible dream would be he runs his contract down for the next season playing under 23's or on the bench then leaves on a free whilst we miss out on Sigurdson, semantics anyway as we would be lucky to get 25 million for him and if we were offered that we should grab it.

July 13, 2017, 02:50:07 PM
Reply #68

Morta75

Barkley for me. Local lad and great player.

July 13, 2017, 05:15:59 PM
Reply #69

dunkster

Ross has shown no interest in signing a contract that's been put in front of him for ages now. If he doesn't want to be here then fuck him off.
Sigurdsson has played very well in a very shit Swansea team. And looks like hes really wanting to come here.
As long as we get decent money for Ross I'm happy for my vote yo be Sigurdsson
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 13, 2017, 07:08:25 PM
Reply #70

ally2

Bizarre topic and unhelpful in pitting these two against each other when that is not the likelihood. It just cultivates the idea that sigurdsson is the anti Barkley. It's also impossible to do since nobody even knows what Barkley's (best) position even is. Though this is conveniently ignored.