December 13, 2017, 07:34:48 AM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 32388 times)

April 09, 2016, 01:41:27 AM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

I think Bobby said it was the best since the 30's if I heard right so not  exactly recent.

He loves digging up an obscure stat doesn't he? The other one was the 'first time we've reached two cup semis in 30 odd years'. It's almost like he's researching this stuff before he goes into press conferences to defend his tenuous position, and to deflect criticism.

He's like an illusionist saying 'don't look over there, look over here, here's something shiny'.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:43:09 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 09, 2016, 01:53:57 AM
Reply #31

hill135

OUr away form is good.

Five away wins is quite a lot.

April 09, 2016, 01:59:16 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

OUr away form is good.

Five away wins is quite a lot.

Bournemouth, Watford and Palace have also got 5 away wins and we're joint 8th in number of away points in the league. Nowt special.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 09, 2016, 02:42:18 AM
Reply #33

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The number of losses is good.

And if we had normal home form we'd be in good shape.

We don't though.

April 09, 2016, 03:19:48 AM
Reply #34

Bluebridge

I can see a lot of goals in this one, I fancy a repeat of the games in the 80's 4-4 or 5-4. so expect 0-0.

April 09, 2016, 03:55:14 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Given that we've been awful away for a long time, that's hardly a huge thing to shout about.

If our away form was transposed onto our home form, we'd have another 6 points or so. Just think the away thing is a bit of a myth that's built up over the season.

Was a week or so now but I saw a stat that said if our home form matched our away we would be on 5th or 6th I think it was.

7th and a semi would be a decent season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2016, 03:56:12 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bournemouth, Watford and Palace have also got 5 away wins and we're joint 8th in number of away points in the league. Nowt special.

Letting it cloud your judgement I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2016, 04:45:44 AM
Reply #37

bluenuck

With all that's gone on Anyone else worried about the players "taking a day off" here and us getting really hammered?

ya know, maybe letting Bobby get it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:47:02 AM by bluenuck »

April 09, 2016, 04:50:34 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
With all that's gone on Anyone else worried about the players "taking a day off" here and us getting really hammered?

I've been disgusted at other teams when they've done it, ends justifying the means or no, it's not something I could ever, ever be OK with.

April 09, 2016, 04:53:50 AM
Reply #39

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I'd rather us get an early penalty, Baines take the ball off Rom, score, then run down the sideline flicking the v's at the bench.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 09, 2016, 04:58:08 AM
Reply #40

Major Clanger

I'd rather us get an early penalty, Baines take the ball off Rom, score, then run down the sideline flicking the v's at the bench.

Or produce a pair of beakers from his pants and do a quick experiment.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 09, 2016, 05:07:49 AM
Reply #41

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Or produce a pair of beakers from his pants and do a quick experiment.
This ones gone right over my head?!
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 09, 2016, 05:09:58 AM
Reply #42

benny

NSNO Subscriber
C'mon Watford

:o

April 09, 2016, 05:12:29 AM
Reply #43

Major Clanger

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 09, 2016, 05:23:59 AM
Reply #44

bluenuck

I've been disgusted at other teams when they've done it, ends justifying the means or no, it's not something I could ever, ever be OK with.

Just to be clear. I'm not saying I'd like it to happen.

I'm just getting that feeling that we might see some players just going through the motions tomorrow.