0 (0%)
McGeady (sub)
1 (2.3%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: West Brom v Everton  (Read 36781 times)

January 16, 2014, 02:16:00 AM
Reply #30

Danny

Apparently Mel only got sacked because Betis "Weren't doing as well as last season" which seems like classic premier league chairman logic, they got promoted and finished 17th sold some of their best players then were down in 17th.

January 16, 2014, 03:12:21 AM
Reply #31

Thornton_19

Apparently Mel only got sacked because Betis "Weren't doing as well as last season" which seems like classic premier league chairman logic, they got promoted and finished 17th sold some of their best players then were down in 17th.

Only sold Benat didn't they? If you go from 7th to propping up the league you really need to look at the manager.

January 16, 2014, 03:13:45 AM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Only sold Benat didn't they? If you go from 7th to propping up the league you really need to look at the manager.

And canas as well

January 16, 2014, 03:54:13 AM
Reply #33

Thornton_19

And canas as well

Still you really shouldn't drop that far on the loss of two players.

January 16, 2014, 01:04:17 PM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Still you really shouldn't drop that far on the loss of two players.

It would depend whether you should have been 7th the year before though?

January 16, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
Reply #35

Fellainis Hairdresser

no shane long it looks like, off to hull.
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

January 16, 2014, 05:31:33 PM
Reply #36

Glory

Can't see Berahino, Anelka or Vic chasing like Long does. Gives us more time and space to dominate the game bringing it out from the back.

Definitely looking for a solid win to provide some momentum going into the derby.

January 16, 2014, 05:36:17 PM
Reply #37

Ross

Can't see Berahino, Anelka or Vic chasing like Long does. Gives us more time and space to dominate the game bringing it out from the back.

Definitely looking for a solid win to provide some momentum going into the derby.

If Anichebe plays he will be chasing everything
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 16, 2014, 05:37:20 PM
Reply #38

Glory

If Anichebe plays he will be chasing everything
And be absolutely wrecked after 35 minutes...

January 16, 2014, 05:43:32 PM
Reply #39

Ross

And be absolutely wrecked after 35 minutes...

He's competed against whole back fours before and done very well, he will be motivated for this match like no other before. It would be very foolish to dismiss him in this game
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 16, 2014, 05:48:33 PM
Reply #40

Glory

He's competed against whole back fours before and done very well, he will be motivated for this match like no other before. It would be very foolish to dismiss him in this game
Yeah I agree a fully fit Vic is brilliant at hassling defenses and chasing down everything. Definitely not dismissing him at all, I'm still gutted that he doesn't wear royal blue regardless of his limitations.

However I was more making reference to him coming back from injury, our passing game would have to be one of the toughest for opposition strikers in terms of distance covered.

January 16, 2014, 05:52:36 PM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator
He's probably third in their pecking order for strikers at the moment and that's because Long is off and Anelka is being kept out the headlines.

Berahino will probably start and Vydra will be ahead of Vic.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 16, 2014, 06:07:17 PM
Reply #42

Ross

Which ever forwards play their energy levels will be raised, they've got a new boss to impress and a game in front of the cameras.

Also from our own perspective we will probably have the added pressure of having slipped down the league and lost some ground on the teams above us over the weekend, due to the kickoff. It's not going to be an easy game this and anything but our best won't be good enough.

January 16, 2014, 07:50:47 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It'll be an interesting match.

As you say we "could" be facing some pressure due to playing last over the weekend.

Also most of the other teams seem to be seeing off the weaker teams with relative ease at the moment. We've slipped up vs S'land and vs Stoke recently.

We can't keep doing that.

January 16, 2014, 09:54:29 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

Only two NFL games, and no Everton until Monday.  This weekend is gonna suck.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin