June 25, 2018, 05:20:52 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Summer signings
« Last post by Thornton_19 on 23 minutes ago »
Bit old now to make the transition i think. He is 25 like.

Need to find a player in his mold.
General Football Chat / Re: Russia 2018
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 1 hour ago »
I wrote it thinking Spain were top and had to change it after seeing this?

http://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2018/06/20/5b2abac122601d8b7f8b45c0.html

Spain top from what I've seen/read. Plus a Portugal win wouldn't have guaranteed top spot if Portugal were top anyway (Spain could outscore them and top it). Hard to call this one as maybe Iran can sneak a win, but you'd also say Morocco have been unlucky and are due a result.

Been a class world cup anyway and thanks for summarising the potential outcomes of all the other groups

« Last post by Goaljira on 1 hour ago »
Spain are currently top so Portugal don't necessarily guarantee top spot with a win at all. Spain currently top due to having less yellow cards. There's potential for a coin toss decide winner (if Spain get one more yellow card than Portugal and both win by same scoreline)

I wrote it thinking Spain were top and had to change it after seeing this?
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 1 hour ago »

Group B
Play after the above, with Portugal knowing a win puts them through as group winners to play 2nd place from Grp A.  If they don't win, then if Spain win then they win the group.  If they lose then they're out and Iran go through. There's also a scenario where Spain lose by 2 and Portugal and Iran draw and Spain go out.

Spain are currently top so Portugal don't necessarily guarantee top spot with a win at all. Spain currently top due to having less yellow cards. There's potential for a coin toss decide winner (if Spain get one more yellow card than Portugal and both win by same scoreline)
« Last post by Brownie20 on 1 hour ago »
And I was only ten at the time and had really caught the football bug.
« Last post by Goaljira on 1 hour ago »
So, we're entering the last round of group games with lots still to play for.

Group A
Russia play Uruguay tomorrow to decide who tops the group.  Russia are top at the minute, so only a Uruguay win changes that. Saudi and Egypt have nothing to play for except the Mo Salah consolation trophy.

Group B
Play after the above, with Portugal knowing a win puts them through as group winners to play 2nd place from Grp A.  If they don't win, then if Spain win then they win the group.  If they lose then they're out and Iran go through. There's also a scenario where Spain lose by 2 and Portugal and Iran draw and Spain go out.

Group C
France are through.  A draw between them and Denmark on Tuesday puts Denmark through in second.  A Denmark win puts them through top.  A France win and an Australia win against Peru with either by 2 goals puts Australia through instead of Denmark.  Peru are out.

Group D
Basically win and you're in for second spot between Argentina and Nigeria.

Group F
Things get weird with Group F playing before Group E.  This group was turned on its head with Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible last kick winner last night.

Mexico are through unless they lose, where if that were to happen and Germany win too then Mexico don't go through even with 6 points.  Don't ask me who wins the group in that scenario though as I've no idea.

Group E
Everything to play for here, with Brazil and Serbia playing out a win and you're in game.  A draw is no good to Serbia without a Switzerland loss, but a draw and a Switzerland win would mean Switzerland win the group.

Group H
Again playing out of order.  Same as the above group, except if Japan win they win the group irrespective of other results.  Either Senegal or Colombia go through with a win.  A draw is no good for Colombia.

Group G
Belgium and England playing off to pick their route  for the latter stages.  Everything else will be mapped out before them before kick off, and with Martinez saying he'll field a sexond string team it'll either be dead exciting or complete rubbish.

« Last post by blargins on 2 hours ago »
germany austria caused that

Fuckin' Hitler.
« Last post by boothill on 2 hours ago »
Hate that.
germany austria caused that
« Last post by blue slug on 2 hours ago »
Think Quintero was a really big prospect at youth level.

Not sure he developed physically to make it in Europe.

I remember him being at Porto and being highly regarded a few years ago
« Last post by brap2 on 2 hours ago »
Think Quintero was a really big prospect at youth level.

Not sure he developed physically to make it in Europe.

Saw someone say his u20 World Cup was absolutely astonishing, but something hasnít quite clicked since
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10